The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 09:03:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 242258 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: August 31, 2018, 06:18:37 AM »

Somewhere between 15 and 40%.

Israel is the #1 issue for most non-orthodox Jews, and Orthodox Jews probably will vote Trump anyway...but Israel can be turned into a non-issue if Netanyahu for some reason gets replaced by a Prime Minister who is openly antagonistic with Trump, or if Israel decides to seize the West Bank/Gaza outright (which no one outside of maybe Steve Bannon/John Bolton would support).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1926 on: August 31, 2018, 08:47:29 AM »

I am a male, so I would not have to worry about Grandpa Joe grabbing my genitals.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1927 on: August 31, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »

You Know what, If the poor actually made an effort to work hard, then Government would help them, but the problem is they don’t. It is rich people who are doing all the work, Rich people who are pushing our nation forward rich people who are the reason we have all our merchandise. The poor just cannot accept that they went wrong in life, so, what do they do? They beg for money, food, housing and expect that government just give it to them and no matter what they get, they are still ungreatful. Rich people, on the other hand realize that government is not totally Responsible for them so as a result they start working for themselves and look at were they are at, they are the developers of our economy. you were part of the government, which group would you like better.

And don’t complain about my education level, I have read about how our economy works, and have been able to form my own opinion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1928 on: August 31, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »

Why do people keep asking/thinking that the Dems key to winning is becoming a GOP clone?

Jim Webb is a liberal, and the most liberal you’re gonna get if you want a democrat in office.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1929 on: August 31, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »

I bolded some for emphasis.

Overrated:
Begich
Ducey
Stapleton
Stefanowski

Gillum
Abrams
Pritzker

Reynolds
Hogan
Schuette
Laxalt
Sununu
Pearce
DeWine

Edmondson
Dean

Walker

Underrated:
Dunleavy
Lamont
DeSantis
Kemp

Whitmer
Lujan Grisham
Cordray

Stitt
Brown
Noem
Lee
Walker
(Yes, he's listed twice)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1930 on: September 01, 2018, 09:42:25 PM »

Not sure where else to post this, and I normally wouldn't post garden variety Olawakandi in here, but...

It's a tilt D race with G GRAHAM as our nominee

dafuq
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1931 on: September 01, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »

Not sure where else to post this, and I normally wouldn't post garden variety Olawakandi in here, but...

It's a tilt D race with G GRAHAM as our nominee

dafuq

Lol

Is he drunk?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1932 on: September 01, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

Why do people keep asking/thinking that the Dems key to winning is becoming a GOP clone?

Jim Webb is a liberal, and the most liberal you’re gonna get if you want a democrat in office.

Jim Webb is a liberal

Look at his Senate record
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1933 on: September 01, 2018, 11:42:00 PM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

Yeah, if Jim Webb is a liberal, then I'm going to become a born again Christian.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1934 on: September 02, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

Yeah, if Jim Webb is a liberal, then I'm going to become a born again Christian.

Webb's record is more liberal than Clinton's was as President
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1935 on: September 02, 2018, 12:14:08 AM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

Thanks for posting directly in the thread.

By that logic, Charlie Crist is a conservative because of things he did a decade ago rather than things he does in the present day.

And the most absurd part and ignorant part of that post was the second portion anyway. Because he apparently forgot that Barack Obama was a thing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1936 on: September 02, 2018, 12:47:44 AM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

And yet he was less liberal than every other Senate Democrat from 2007-2013, and even some Republicans officeholders (Charlie Crist, Chris Shays).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1937 on: September 03, 2018, 01:18:42 AM »

The median Atlas Republican is to the left of the median Democrat in the country

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1938 on: September 03, 2018, 10:42:31 AM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

And yet he was less liberal than every other Senate Democrat from 2007-2013, and even some Republicans officeholders (Charlie Crist, Chris Shays).

Both of you are correct in some fashion. Senator Webb was in fact rather Progressive, particularly for a senator representing a Southern state I'll be at one that was rapidly trending blue. However, former Senator Webb, particularly incarnation that ran for president in 2016 had by then moved significantly to the right in some ill-fated strategy.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1939 on: September 03, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »

We obviously need more privileged white women to crush the working class.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1940 on: September 03, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »

Yeah, the fact that people had been proclaiming a Blue Wave from about the time of the Healthcare fiasco last year just shows how overconfident Dems have been. Haven't we learned from 2010/2014 that Election Day always turns against the Dems (and the polls) in a huge way? 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1941 on: September 03, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

Jim Webb's ADA Ratings:

2007 -  85
2008 -  95
2009 - 100
2010 -  85
2011 -  90
2012 -  70

Those are not the ratings of a "conservative Democrat".

Come to Jesus, Brother!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1942 on: September 03, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »

Because Jim Webb's voting record in 2007 is far more important to his present day ideology than his public statements in 2017. Roll Eyes
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1943 on: September 03, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

Jim Webb's ADA Ratings:

2007 -  85
2008 -  95
2009 - 100
2010 -  85
2011 -  90
2012 -  70

Come to Jesus, Brother!

Nice try. There's a difference between your voting records and your actual beliefs. Webb's 2016 campaign exposed his actual beliefs, which are far more conservative (and more conservative than Lincoln Chafee, mind you).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1944 on: September 03, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »

Jim Webb is a liberal

Jim Webb's ADA Ratings:

2007 -  85
2008 -  95
2009 - 100
2010 -  85
2011 -  90
2012 -  70

Come to Jesus, Brother!

Nice try. There's a difference between your voting records and your actual beliefs. Webb's 2016 campaign exposed his actual beliefs, which are far more conservative (and more conservative than Lincoln Chafee, mind you).

I might agree with that.  Webb's campaign did seem to be more conservative than his voting record while in the Senate.  I did take his non-endorsement of Clinton to be something more personal than philosophical; he just doesn't like Clinton.  He said that he wouldn't vote for Clinton, but he might vote for Trump.  I wonder how he ended up voting; I can't find anything showing he endorsed Trump or said he voted for him after the fact.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1945 on: September 03, 2018, 07:53:07 PM »

Because Jim Webb's voting record in 2007 is far more important to his present day ideology than his public statements in 2017. Roll Eyes

If Jim Webb were running for office as a conservative anything today; whether it be a conservative Democrat or a Republican, people would point to those ADA ratings and the votes behind them and question his conservatism.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-promise-of-president-trump-jim-webb-1484868186

Webb's not wrong in this article, especially in terms of Affirmative Action.  Unfortunately, racial animosities HAVE grown during Trump's Administration, and Trump, as President, shoulders a significant part of the blame for that.

The more I read this article, the more I think Jim Webb was the President we needed.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1946 on: September 03, 2018, 11:11:46 PM »

Webb is to the Left of Bill Clinton’s Presidency
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1947 on: September 04, 2018, 12:02:36 AM »

Jim Webb is like a nicer version of the Democrats' Jeff Flake. He's more or less a down-the-line liberal, but doesn't like the aura of the modern Democratic Party so he criticizes it.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1948 on: September 04, 2018, 06:34:51 AM »

I can’t help but notice that Kaepernick has done everything rwers were saying BLM should of been doing circa 2013-2015 by being non-violent a d donating a lot of his money and energy to in community poverty and crime yet he is still hated
Racists don't care. It's an excuse to hate black people who don't shut up and be query (though to be fair, pushing for justice and equality is inherently anti American).
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1949 on: September 04, 2018, 08:51:47 AM »

I can’t help but notice that Kaepernick has done everything rwers were saying BLM should of been doing circa 2013-2015 by being non-violent a d donating a lot of his money and energy to in community poverty and crime yet he is still hated
Racists don't care. It's an excuse to hate black people who don't shut up and be query (though to be fair, pushing for justice and equality is inherently anti American).
Because America is well known for its easy acceptance of just reforms Roll Eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies