NV-SEN 2018: Does Heller face a primary challenge?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:24:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV-SEN 2018: Does Heller face a primary challenge?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does he?
He faces a serious primary challenge

He faces a primary challenge, but not a serious one

He runs unopposed in the GOP primary

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: NV-SEN 2018: Does Heller face a primary challenge?  (Read 1018 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »

Will Dean Heller face a serious primary challenge, a non-serious primary challenge, or run unopposed in the Republican primary?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:13:14 PM »

Depends if he votes for O'care repeal, if he does I can see Sandoval going against him.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »

Depends if he votes for O'care repeal, if he does I can see Sandoval going against him.
He did vote for it.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »

He did vote for it.

Voted to start debate, not the actual bill.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »

Given that he has one been of the toughest obstacles Trump has in the Senate when it comes to repealing Obamacare (he was going to vote against a motion to proceed for multiple versions of the bills before and effectively killed those, and he voted for a motion to proceed yesterday but then voted against both of the major options that were voted on yesterday/today), I think he could easily attract a Trumpian primary opponent. Nevada Republicans seem to be very friendly towards Trump (Trump handily won the caucus in 2016, and this was when there was still much competition), and I've already seen conservative organizations attacking Heller on social media for his votes on healthcare.

As for whether Heller or some random Trump-backed GOPer is the stronger candidate, I don't think it will matter much. Clinton beat Trump by an almost identical margin to the margin by which Cortez Masto beat Heck, who was not a fan of Trump. But I think Heller voting against these healthcare measures will help him politically in the long run - Sandoval still likes him and he can use "bipartisanship" as one of his positive qualities when he runs in 2018.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »

He did vote for it.

Voted to start debate, not the actual bill.
And? These days, no one votes differently on the motion to start debate and the bill itself.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies