Concert of Europe: Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:59:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Gameplay Thread  (Read 35035 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

The Sublime Porte has no issues with Piedmont, so His Sacred and Imperial Majesty is surprised and disturbed with King Charles Emmanuel's needlesly belligerent attitude.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »

The Republic expresses great disturbance at the cavalier attitude of Piedmont-Sardinia. The scourge of war must not ge allowed to visit Italy.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: September 03, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »

In a world where the George the Child-eater and Bloody Frederick have raped the European continent, ravishing her like a defenseless maiden as they embark upon what Bloody Frederick has called "A final solution to the Catholic Problem," I call upon all of my fellow Catholic brothers in Christ to join together as one and strike a blow for the Lord against this barbarian horde. We must look to The Pope for moral leadership and answer his call to fight these Godless Prussian Pagans and English Savages wherever we may encounter them. 

x Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia-Piedmont

The violence of the Italians is quite unnecessary. We, the King of Denmark-Norway, assure you, the first to strike from Italy will never be able to withstand the armies of its neighbors. You speak now as we have foretold: the Paris Coalition wants the world to revolve around them, and they intend to declare a religious war against Protestants, Mohammedans, and tolerant Catholics. When peace settles, there may be peace with little more blood, or the blood of hundreds of thousands more. If the extreme, aggressive Catholics persist, they will burn at the stake - not for so-called heresy, but for aggression and violence far beyond that of any religious man or nation.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »

In a world where the George the Child-eater and Bloody Frederick have raped the European continent, ravishing her like a defenseless maiden as they embark upon what Bloody Frederick has called "A final solution to the Catholic Problem," I call upon all of my fellow Catholic brothers in Christ to join together as one and strike a blow for the Lord against this barbarian horde. We must look to The Pope for moral leadership and answer his call to fight these Godless Prussian Pagans and English Savages wherever we may encounter them. 

x Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia-Piedmont

The violence of the Italians is quite unnecessary. We, the King of Denmark-Norway, assure you, the first to strike from Italy will never be able to withstand the armies of its neighbors. You speak now as we have foretold: the Paris Coalition wants the world to revolve around them, and they intend to declare a religious war against Protestants, Mohammedans, and tolerant Catholics. When peace settles, there may be peace with little more blood, or the blood of hundreds of thousands more. If the extreme, aggressive Catholics persist, they will burn at the stake - not for so-called heresy, but for aggression and violence far beyond that of any religious man or nation.
Are you calling for the murder of the catholics of the Paris coalition when war will be over???
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »

There's no war between Catholicism and other religions and Christian denominations. The war is going on between forces of darkness, that wants to plunge Europe back into ages of religious wars and presecution, and the enlightened forces of religious diversity and tolerance.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2017, 05:43:01 PM by Dereich »

I suppose the people of Ireland will be glad to hear that the British King only intended to fight for "religious diversity and tolerance" when he said:

January 1757
All Catholics in Ireland who wish to preserve their well-being must convert to the Church of England and commit the following oath to an officer of the British Army or become subject to imprisonment, torture, severe fining, banishment, and even death for their continued disloyalty. Violation of the Oath is punishable by death and death alone. Good and loyal Catholics across the realm are encouraged to take the same oath, to assure His Majesty the King of their continued loyalty.

It is an interesting claim to tolerance when the only Catholic who is willing to "tolerate" this shameful alliance could only be made to do so after being imprisoned for over a year by his new Prussian masters.

As for Italy, I would advise His Serenity to look around: many of his Italian compatriots have been active participants in the fight since this atrocious war began. I myself am Grand Duke of Tuscany; does the war not touch Italy through me?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #231 on: September 03, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2017, 06:05:42 PM by Unacceptable »

Deposed Duke of Lorraine obviously forgets about subsequent emancipation of Catholics in the Great Britain. After hysterical performance he delivered before the Hungarian Diet it is safe to suspect he suffered from some sort of a nervous breakdown and memory loss. The Deposed Duke of Lorraine is clearly lost without his late great wife, her wisdom and guidance that steered him until recently.

The Sublime Porte is always open for reasonable and respectful negotiations with the Hungarian Diet and what remained of the Austrian government. The Sultan is convinced Hungarian and Austrian statesmen won't let a lunatic spil more of their blood for no reason.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #232 on: September 03, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »

Woe on the deposed Duke of Lorraine, a pifitul window into what would happen if Hamlet were Emperor. It breaks the heart of His Majesty the King of Prussia to see Francis of Lorraine brought down into hysterics and a lack of self-control when Europe needs statesmen and not insane, incompetent rulers.

His Majesty the King will offer a suitable reward to any author who can inmortalize the apparent insanity and hysterical behavior of Francis of Lorraine into a play (written in German) for all good Germans to witness, laugh, and reflect.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2017, 07:09:22 PM »

POV Louis XV

Chapter One

Louis XV's sleep was being troubled a lot during  the last few months. And the reason? Frederick of Prussia who so easily ruined his plans of a quick victory. Who could have thought that he would have successfully stolen this dumb fallen king from Russia, and convinced so many people to join to rally behind him? This Prussian king was such an annoyance, although even if he couldn't admit that to anyone, he was impressed by his skills, this such intelligence.

Who could have thought as well that the father of his own daughter in law, the future queen of France, would have betrayed him in a such fashion? The Prussian King literally invaded him without even declaring war, and he managed to convince him to accuse France of actions he didn't commit. Truly an action he would have never expected to happen. And this fat joke from Saxony continued to damage him even after his death. His decapitation will sure give some ideas to the "progressists" all across Europe!

And finally, who could have thought that the Netherlands was going to be so aggressive against France? After all, he made a generous non aggressive pact offer towards the dutch, and this pact was rejected by this so called "Assembly of the people". All of this ended in a war against the dutch that Louis XV was guaranteed to win, but a war that would make him lose time that he couldn't afford to lose. Fortunately, the new regent proved to be much more willing to cooperate. But wasting his time in Belgium would ruin his war efforts much more than he could have ever imagined.

The daily war council just started:

-"Sire, our army has arrived in Italy and we have badly mauled the Prussians."
         -Maybe I will finally get rid of the Supreme Annoyance That is one of the greatest news I have ever heard since the beginning of the war. Our joint Austria-France will then be invincible!
          -Sire, sadly we came too late. The Prussians managed to capture Vienna and the Austrian royal family. Her highness Maria Theresa committed suicide. With the children under Prussian hands, the Emperor of the Saint Empire has been appointed regent and the Austrian generals are now refusing to obey.
          - Horrified : The Austrian Emperor hates France with a passion. He wants his lands in Lorraine back and he has always tried to screw the appeasement of the France-Austria diplomatic relations. What horrible news are you going to announce me? That the Empress of Russia has been assassinated as well?
         - Sire, sadly you are right, Empress Elizabeth has been assassinated as well by Prussian agents.

Louis XV was so shocked that he couldn't give any words for a few minutes.

-Well, fortunately she made the right decision of disinheriting her nephew. If he had ascended to power, he would have exited the war at best, and switched side at worst as this incompetent cretin is so fascinated by the Supreme Annoyance.
     -Sire, the Prussian agents liberated him from his Siberian cell, he's now claiming the throne of Russia as well.

I don't find the current english word to describe his face lol
     -So that means that with the murder of our two main allies by the Prussian King, we will have to seek peace despite having our army currently winning, and then having all Europe united in their hatred against the French?

A messenger just arrived: "Sir, a message from the Emperor of Austria":  King Louis XV, despite our past disagreements, I'm committed to avenge my beloved wife , murdered by these vile Prussians, and retake my children. We need to fight this threat together if we hope to stop them. Austria isn't leaving the War."

So that changes everything

End of this first chapter

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2017, 05:55:15 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 05:57:07 AM by Unacceptable »

Sad Pleasures of King Louis

Published anonymously in Amsterdam with realistic illustrations.

King Louis uneasily opened his left eye as he struggled to gather strength to get up from his bed after what was a largely sleepless night, spent mostly on crying into his pillow over his continuing inability to be intimate with a woman. He was determined to keep his shame a secret by distracting people's minds with war, but there was more and more amused talk across Europe. Alas!, the King thought. I shall burn the entire Europe to prove them I'm still a man.

Nowdays the only way for Louis to get any excitement similar to what he once enjoyed with his mistresses was receiving news about the blood spilt on the battlefields. He liked to imagine himself wondering around a blood-soaked battlefield, feeling increasing arousal. Alas, if only I weren't such a pathetic coward, I'd personally go to the battlefield to get my piece of pleasure. But I'm just a coward.

Louis was anxiously awaiting more updates, hoping for at least 50,000 more deaths on both sides, knowing he otherwise won't be able to stop sobbing, like a big child he always was.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2017, 02:42:56 PM »

As for Italy, I would advise His Serenity to look around: many of his Italian compatriots have been active participants in the fight since this atrocious war began. I myself am Grand Duke of Tuscany; does the war not touch Italy through me?

So, the deposed Duke of Lorraine openly admitted he wants to see the whole of Italy plunged into this conflict for no other reason than personal spite. He should be thanked for betraying his true intent to the world.

At this point the Holy Roman Imperial throne is effectively vacant. The only reason the deposed Duke of Lorraine was styled "Emperor" was his marriage to the great Maria Theresa. The ancient and noble crown served as a mere consolation prize to a ruler of a small duchy, after he was removed by the King Louis, the very same monarch he now begs for help like a beggar begging his former robber.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »

I suppose the people of Ireland will be glad to hear that the British King only intended to fight for "religious diversity and tolerance" when he said:

January 1757
All Catholics in Ireland who wish to preserve their well-being must convert to the Church of England and commit the following oath to an officer of the British Army or become subject to imprisonment, torture, severe fining, banishment, and even death for their continued disloyalty. Violation of the Oath is punishable by death and death alone. Good and loyal Catholics across the realm are encouraged to take the same oath, to assure His Majesty the King of their continued loyalty.

It is an interesting claim to tolerance when the only Catholic who is willing to "tolerate" this shameful alliance could only be made to do so after being imprisoned for over a year by his new Prussian masters.

Venice is a neutral power, and will remain so. We will not be drawn into a disagreement between the powers that be.

The League of Armed Neutrality is just that. Our neutrality will be ensured by mutual defence.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2017, 04:43:44 PM »

In the case of unfortunate, the Ottoman Empire won't be the part that violated Venice neutrality. The days of waring between the Most Serene and the Sublime Porte belongs to history books.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »

1) The first Assembly Elections are to take place immediately. Upon assuming office, power shall be invested in the Doge to appoint a Chief Minister and Speaker of the Assembly. The Chief Minister shall then appoint a Minister of Foreign Relations, a Minister of Internal Affairs, Ninister of Finance and Miniater of War. All appointments by the Chief Minister must be confirmed by the Doge.

2) The League of Armed Neutrality is open to all who consider themselves in danger, but neutral in the war that is raging. To this end, all powers wishing to join the League must ratify the Treaty of Political and Military Neutrality. As the League's founder, I shall assume the largely ceremonial office of President of the League.

3) Venice is prepared to act as a mediator for negotiations between the warring powers to restore the peace.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »

1) The first Assembly Elections are to take place immediately. Upon assuming office, power shall be invested in the Doge to appoint a Chief Minister and Speaker of the Assembly. The Chief Minister shall then appoint a Minister of Foreign Relations, a Minister of Internal Affairs, Ninister of Finance and Miniater of War. All appointments by the Chief Minister must be confirmed by the Doge.

2) The League of Armed Neutrality is open to all who consider themselves in danger, but neutral in the war that is raging. To this end, all powers wishing to join the League must ratify the Treaty of Political and Military Neutrality. As the League's founder, I shall assume the largely ceremonial office of President of the League.

3) Venice is prepared to act as a mediator for negotiations between the warring powers to restore the peace.
Your senerity,
I just contacted you on this matter
King Louis XV
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 07:01:49 PM by GoTfan »

France has indicated a willingness to negotiate. Will no one else agree to a conference to restore the peace?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

The Most Serene Republic of Venice is assembling a group to carry out a humanitarian mission to the war-torn cities and towns of central Germany. 2,500 soldiers will be assigned to guard them. The objective of said mission is to provide food, water, shelter, medical aid and other supplies to the people there.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »

The Most Serene Republic of Venice is assembling a group to carry out a humanitarian mission to the war-torn cities and towns of central Germany. 2,500 soldiers will be assigned to guard them. The objective of said mission is to provide food, water, shelter, medical aid and other supplies to the people there.

France would like to thank Venise for using its position in order to reduce the potential number of victims of this war.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2017, 07:54:26 PM »

As representative of the Hapsburg Crown I am willing to consider any option to save the Monarch and the Monarchy, no matter how unreasonable or unlikely to succeed.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »

To ensure the safety of our humanitarian mission and to build up for the conference later in 1758, we propose that all sides agree to an immediate ceasefire to allow aid to reach those displaced by conflict.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »

A ceasefire while Imperial territory, especially the Imperial seat of Vienna, continue to suffer from oppressive occupation is an unconscionable proposition. We decline.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »

The Kingdom of Prussia recognizes the League of Armed Neutrality and committs to respecting its sovereignty and neutrality. We will be watching this noble humanitarian mission into Germany most carefully, being ready to ensure its safety against potential aggression from Francis of Lorraine following his hostile and public outbursts against Venice.

We will note, however, that for all the attempts at softening its image the Kingdom of France for all purposes showed its disregard of the sovereignty of Venice and its neutrality by forcing the passage of its armies from Northern Italy into Austria, and despite this supposed willingness to negotiate from the enemy coalition, previous terms continue to be refused.

May the different peoples of Austria and the Hapsburg monarchy take note of the continued bellicose attitude of Francis of Lorraine, who denies you peace while trying to send his armies to suffer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2017, 04:40:33 AM »

A ceasefire while Imperial territory, especially the Imperial seat of Vienna, continue to suffer from oppressive occupation is an unconscionable proposition. We decline.

Holding serious peace talks without a ceasefire is simply illogical and shows deposed Duke of Lorraine's unwillingness to give peace a chance and put end to the sufferings he himself just mentioned.

The Sublime Porte was willing to accept the Venetian proposal, even though part of our own territory is being occupied by the Austrian forces. Let the history record which side really wrecked the proposal for peace.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2017, 05:12:52 AM »

Very well.

The Conference of Venice is hereby planned for late 1758. The following powers are invited:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
The Kingdom of Prussia
The Kingdom of France
The Archduchy of Austria
The Empire of Russia
The Ottoman Empire

All nations must acknowledge the League of Armed Neutrality's humanitarian missions to aid the people displaced by conflict and submit to a ceasefire until the Conference is held. Should any nation fail to do so, they shall simply be excluded from the Conference.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2017, 05:32:08 AM »

Well, with Austria not attending the noble proposal of Venice is, most unfortunately, rendered pointless. Unless France, in the light of their ally's stubbornness, is willing to consider a separate peace with ceasefire first.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies