Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:00:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28
Author Topic: Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort  (Read 35925 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2017, 01:41:46 PM »

But you and others should keep in mind that endless arguing helps drive other potential discussion away.

What do you think his goal is?

Personally, I think it's healthy to have a useful discussion from all parts of the political spectrum. Some of the posters on both ends can get annoying, but to me it's worthwhile to see their viewpoints.  However, EnglishPete is a different case.  He seems to be more interested in bogging down threads with argument and inhibiting that kind of discussion.  I put him on Ignore some time ago, and it has noticeably improved my Atlas experience.
EnglishPete

« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »

EnglishPete is not alt-right. Please stop misusing the term alt-right. It's driving me crazy.
I think the term 'alt right' has become so elastic as to be almost meaningless.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #452 on: July 13, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »

Is that website like a discount Breitbart?
EnglishPete

« Reply #453 on: July 13, 2017, 02:10:17 PM »

Is that website like a discount Breitbart?

Its a quote of a twitter thread but in order to avoid pointless discussions of the website I'm quoting from I've amended it to just the original thread. The point is not which blog the theory is presented in but whether it makes sense of the events better than other theories.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #454 on: July 13, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »

You promised an "interesting" theory.

Now I simply want my money back.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »

Makes sense. The whole thing has wreaked of a set up. Even the guys at the liquor store who are as uninterested as they come in this stuff we're talking about how shady it all seemed. Don Jr's stock has really risen among the deplorables if anything.
EnglishPete

« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »

Here's the full thread for those who can't read the text in the above pic on their device. The theory is put forward by some guy called Jack. If you got a better theory lets hear it.

NavyJack‏
@USNJack
Follow
More
#RussiaGate/#RussianCollusion Cash Flow Diagram. (thread below)

NavyJack‏ @USNJack  Jul 11
Replying to @USNJack
Natalia Veselnitskaya and Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) were and are being paid by wealthy Russian Oligarchs to get the sanctions lifted.

In Dec 2015, Fusion GPS was hired by GOP #NeverTrump to create “opposition research” (dirt) against Trump to ensure he did not receive

the GOP nomination. These payments continued thru Jul 2016. In late May 2016 a plot to sabotage the Trump campaign was devised that resulted

in the meeting between members of the Trump campaign and Natalia Veselnitskaya.

The goal of the meeting was to attempt to get a Trump campaign official to state that in exchange for assistance from Russian “officials”

the Trump administration (if elected) would lift the sanctions against the wealthy Russian Oligarchs.

The goal was to allow #NeverTrump to use this “collusion” to force Trump to remove himself from contention

as the GOP Presidential Candidate. The participants from the Trump campaign did not take the bait.

They concluded that the purpose of meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya was misrepresented from the start

and ended the discussion before any offer or collusion could be inferred.

More
NavyJack Retweeted NavyJack
To fully understand #RussiaGate, please review this thread and the associated references.
https://twitter.com/USNJack/status/873340676498436096
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »

How does it feel to put more energy into parroting the party line than Sean Spicer?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »

The sad thing is, everyone is trying to bring down Trump, and we don't know what's true or not.
EnglishPete

« Reply #459 on: July 13, 2017, 02:22:28 PM »

How does it feel to put more energy into parroting the party line than Sean Spicer?

Feels great Wink
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #460 on: July 13, 2017, 02:27:27 PM »

Makes sense. The whole thing has wreaked of a set up. Even the guys at the liquor store who are as uninterested as they come in this stuff we're talking about how shady it all seemed. Don Jr's stock has really risen among the deplorables if anything.

lmao, a set up, unbelievable even for you as far as things go.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »

Wow Trump really is digging himself deeper today in Paris: "anyone would of taken that meeting" are you serious?

He's not wrong, you see.

There are tons of quotes from elected officials saying they would have called the FBI if they were approached by a foreign power. It's possible they're all lying, but there isn't actually a past record of this happening all the time, probably because it's not only clearly illegal but you have to be as naive as DTJ to think it wouldn't expose them to blackmail by the Russians and be found out eventually anyway.
EnglishPete

« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2017, 02:46:12 PM »

That's what the evidence is pointing to, some kind of set up. However if you've got a better theory let's hear it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »

Wow Trump really is digging himself deeper today in Paris: "anyone would of taken that meeting" are you serious?

He's not wrong, you see.

There are tons of quotes from elected officials saying they would have called the FBI if they were approached by a foreign power. It's possible they're all lying, but there isn't actually a past record of this happening all the time.

I thought it was in dispute whether she was a Russian attorney, or an attorney for Russia?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2017, 02:47:45 PM »

He's not wrong, you see.

There are tons of quotes from elected officials saying they would have called the FBI if they were approached by a foreign power. It's possible they're all lying, but there isn't actually a past record of this happening all the time.

I thought it was in dispute whether she was a Russian attorney, or an attorney for Russia?

This is what Goldstone wrote in his email. Whether or not V-----aya has deniability or not about her ties to the Kremlin—and that deniability is considered fictional given that she lobbies for the gov't's interests—the info was presented as coming from the gov't.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2017, 02:50:12 PM »

He's not wrong, you see.

This is what Goldstone wrote in his email. Whether or not V-----aya has deniability or not about her ties to the Kremlin—and that deniability is considered fictional given that she lobbies for the gov't's interests—the info was presented as coming from the gov't.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Interesting.  We'll see how it pans out but I still think his guess about others taking the meeting is correct.  Thanks for the update.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »

That's what the evidence is pointing to, some kind of set up. However if you've got a better theory let's hear it.

The Kremlin supports Trump's campaign, but wants to make sure he's on their page re: the Magnitsky Act. They offer a meeting with a lawyer offering info on Hillary so they can "check in" with the campaign's thoughts. Not being the brightest bulb out there, Trump Jr. accepts, and doesn't think to tell the FBI about the details of the email setting up the meeting. That's about it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »

Ed Rogers, Washington Post:

I’m just barely a lawyer, but I know over-lawyering when I see it. This whole thing is getting weird. For many in the media and elsewhere, the collective grievances that they have against Trump personally, the White House as a whole and Trump’s policies somehow justify their zealous promotion of the “collusion scandal.” But not because the story is valid. Rather, the media know that they are not getting to Trump with anything else. Today, much of the “news coverage” of Trump and Co. is about payback. The media think they aren’t getting the truth and so they don’t have to deliver it either. It is a bad cycle that is not working for the White House or the media.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »

It is true. There have been many things to criticize Trump over, but the media chooses to peddle half-truths and hyperboles that are actually more damaging to the country than outright fake news or Trump's mistakes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2017, 03:03:34 PM »

Mods, can we please use this thread as a dumping ground for EnglishPete's attempts to derail threads?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2017, 03:07:35 PM »

Ed Rogers, Washington Post:

I’m just barely a lawyer, but I know over-lawyering when I see it. This whole thing is getting weird. For many in the media and elsewhere, the collective grievances that they have against Trump personally, the White House as a whole and Trump’s policies somehow justify their zealous promotion of the “collusion scandal.” But not because the story is valid. Rather, the media know that they are not getting to Trump with anything else. Today, much of the “news coverage” of Trump and Co. is about payback. The media think they aren’t getting the truth and so they don’t have to deliver it either. It is a bad cycle that is not working for the White House or the media.
Ed Rogers is a partisan hack
EnglishPete

« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »

The Kremlin supports Trump's campaign, but wants to make sure he's on their page re: the Magnitsky Act. They offer a meeting with a lawyer offering info on Hillary so they can "check in" with the campaign's thoughts. Not being the brightest bulb out there, Trump Jr. accepts, and doesn't think to tell the FBI about the details of the email setting up the meeting. That's about it.

And what is it in the evidence that suggests to you that your theory is more likely than the theory set out above? Just doesn't seem likely to me but I'm all ears.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »

What a sh**t show this is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/13/obama-admin-let-russian-lawyer-who-met-trump-jr-into-us-after-visa-block.html
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »

How much do I have to pay you so you never vote again?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies