Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:44:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28
Author Topic: Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort  (Read 35829 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2017, 08:54:05 AM »

Democrats say they want to "follow the facts wherever they lead". That's complete BS. They already came up with the conclusion that Trump is a traitor and they have been trying to make the facts fit their narrative.

The news about Jr.'s meeting with the Russians to collude on digging up dirt on Clinton came from White House sources, not the Democrats.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2017, 08:57:40 AM »

Democrats say they want to "follow the facts wherever they lead". That's complete BS. They already came up with the conclusion that Trump is a traitor and they have been trying to make the facts fit their narrative.

The news about Jr.'s meeting with the Russians to collude on digging up dirt on Clinton came from White House sources, not the Democrats.
I'm not saying there's no smoke. I'm just saying that Democrats already convicted Trump of treason in their minds long ago, and no matter where things end up, they will always consider Trump to be a traitor who got away.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2017, 08:58:16 AM »

Schiff says that the House Intel committee has much more info on the Russia investigation that has not been made public: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/341417-top-intel-dem-warns-trump-jr-we-have-much-more-intel-than-what-public-knows
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2017, 08:59:10 AM »

Schiff says that the House Intel committee has much more info on the Russia investigation that has not been made public: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/341417-top-intel-dem-warns-trump-jr-we-have-much-more-intel-than-what-public-knows

2020 candidate Schiff will have it leaked.  No worries.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2017, 09:01:33 AM »

You guys realize your "collusion" narrative is hilarious since no one is better at digging up dirt than the Clintons, right?  They're just smarter about it.  Every campaign has a dirt digging operation, from your local councilman to the top doggie.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2017, 09:04:58 AM »

You guys realize your "collusion" narrative is hilarious since no one is better at digging up dirt than the Clintons, right?  They're just smarter about it.  Every campaign has a dirt digging operation, from your local councilman to the top doggie.

What's illegal is working with a foreign country to do it, Gramps, considering they get their information by spying on the U.S. "Collusion" doesn't mean "digging up dirt," it refers to working with people.

The Trumps were too naive and careless to realize what they were doing with the Russians was both illegal and treasonous.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »

Yes, every candidate performs opposition research.  If this were ordinary opposition research, nobody would care about that.  But in this case, we have what looks like use of criminally obtained material by a foreign government's intelligence service.  Do you really not see a difference?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2017, 09:08:08 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 09:11:20 AM by Grumpy #covefefe »

You guys realize your "collusion" narrative is hilarious since no one is better at digging up dirt than the Clintons, right?  They're just smarter about it.  Every campaign has a dirt digging operation, from your local councilman to the top doggie.

Yes, every candidate performs opposition research.  If this were ordinary opposition research, nobody would care about that. But in this case, we have what looks like use of criminally obtained material by a foreign government's intelligence service.  Do you really not see a difference?

Of course, I just haven't seen what you see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/07/11/the-medias-mass-hysteria-over-collusion-is-out-of-control/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.cfee34b5c234
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »

I'm not saying there's no smoke. I'm just saying that Democrats already convicted Trump of treason in their minds long ago, and no matter where things end up, they will always consider Trump to be a traitor who got away.

Who says trump is "getting away" with it ?
He, his family and his administration are currently paying severely for anything and everything related to Russia.
And it's not over yet. I'm sure there are more heads to roll, including jail time and resignations and possibly impeachment.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »

You guys realize your "collusion" narrative is hilarious since no one is better at digging up dirt than the Clintons, right?  They're just smarter about it.  Every campaign has a dirt digging operation, from your local councilman to the top doggie.

Yes, every candidate performs opposition research.  If this were ordinary opposition research, nobody would care about that. But in this case, we have what looks like use of criminally obtained material by a foreign government's intelligence service.  Do you really not see a difference?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/07/11/the-medias-mass-hysteria-over-collusion-is-out-of-control/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.cfee34b5c234

I'll be the first to admit this is far from proven at this point.  But the information so far is troubling, and keeps becoming more so.  Want to meet me halfway and acknowledge that it's a possibility and bears further investigation?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2017, 09:14:08 AM »

I'll be the first to admit this is far from proven at this point.  But the information so far is troubling, and keeps becoming more so.  Want to meet me halfway and acknowledge that it's a possibility and bears further investigation?

I truly have no issues with further investigation of any of the Russia stuff.  It's just the 24/7 barrage of it that drives me nuts.  Smiley
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »

Deriving your own position from a assumption what you think "the Democrats" think seems like an awfully convoluted way of reasoning.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2017, 09:16:33 AM »

There Are None So Blind
As Those Who Will Not See
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2017, 09:16:58 AM »

Who says trump is "getting away" with it ?
He, his family and his administration are currently paying severely for anything and everything related to Russia.
And it's not over yet. I'm sure there are more heads to roll, including jail time and resignations and possibly impeachment.

At the very least, this has already become a bigger anchor than "Obama is from Kenyan and is a Muslun because he studied at an Indonesian madrassah".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2017, 09:17:37 AM »

There Are None So Blind
As Those Who Will Not See

Maybe the Good Lord will come back and rub mud in my eyes so I can see again.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »

If there is an actual email, then it's clear evidence that can be proven to be authentic and that none of its contents have been manipulated.
This is not like a verbal conversation between two people, that can be disputed as to the exact details of what was said (barring a taping devise).

Remember, the NYT article specifically states :
  • As it was described to The Times by three people, the email indicates that the Russian government was the source of the information.

So it seems that trump jr (and thus also Kushner and Manafort) KNEW BEFORE THE MEETING TOOK PLACE, that the information they were to receive was from the Russian government (or Russian KGB/FSB agencies).
This is treason !
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »

I didn't think you guys could get more pathetic. I was wrong Sad
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) says Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting is part of an evolving storyline, and there will be "many more shoes that will drop."
When CNN's Manu Raju asked how serious this story was, McCain said he didn't know but it needs to be "pursued and looked at."
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »

So when is the Trump campaign going to release their emails?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2017, 09:48:06 AM »

There will be a White House press briefing today -- but not on camera.

The White House just released its updated schedule today, and it includes an off-camera press briefing at 2 p.m. with Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
Some questions you can expect from reporters today? The NYT report and the high-stakes Senate health care bill.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »

Russian lawyer: Trump aides "so badly" wanted damaging info on Clinton.

Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who is at the center of the controversial Trump Jr. meeting, told NBC's Today show that Trump aides wanted damaging information about Hillary Clinton "so badly."
"It's quite possible that maybe they were looking for such information, they wanted it so badly," Veselnitskaya said through a translator.

Here's that clip: http://snpy.tv/2uek4X6

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »

to be honest, the Obama white house knew about all of this and i tey left a trail of bread crumbs so we kind of knew that SOMETHING would come out of this.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »

So politics and whether the lawyer was actually a representative of the Russian government aside, is it illegal to work with a foreign government on a campaign if no favors are exchanged? Is it illegal to receive information from a foreign government for a campaign?
EnglishPete

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »

Russian lawyer: Trump aides "so badly" wanted damaging info on Clinton.

Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who is at the center of the controversial Trump Jr. meeting, told NBC's Today show that Trump aides wanted damaging information about Hillary Clinton "so badly."
"It's quite possible that maybe they were looking for such information, they wanted it so badly," Veselnitskaya said through a translator.

Here's that clip: http://snpy.tv/2uek4X6

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's your 'smoking gun'. Hold the front page, political campaign operatives 'badly wanted' oppo research info on a political opponent
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies