Public Office of Southern Governor Leinad (Bye!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Southern Governor Leinad (Bye!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Public Office of Southern Governor Leinad (Bye!)  (Read 3347 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2017, 04:40:51 AM »
« edited: October 27, 2017, 08:09:02 PM by Governor Leinad »

G O V E R N O R   O F   T H E   S O U T H

Welcome everyone to the public office of Governor Leinad (i.e. me). This is where I will give all of you updates on my activities as Governor, and answer any questions you may have about what's going on in the region.

Archive
7.03 - Press Conference (vern1988 appointment, inauguration)
7.04 - Inaugural Address
7.09 - Press Conference
7.23 - Weekly Update
8.23 - Hurricane Harvey
9.10 - Hurricane Irma
9.15 - Vacancies
9.15 - Appointments
10.27 - Farewell Address

Important Links
Constitution of the South
Rules of the Chamber of Delegates
Official Chamber of Delegates Legislation Introduction Thread
Chamber of Delegates Noticeboard Thread
Official Office Thread
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »

Press Conference

Press: "Governor Leinad, you recently appointed vern1988 to the Chamber. Explain how this fits in with your evil plan to ruin the South?"

Uh...there's nothing evil going on, but I will explain why I picked Vern: he has sensible views on policy, he is insistent on an active chamber, and shows enthusiasm for the role. It's hard to imagine a better candidate for the job.

Press: "Mr. Governor, you haven't made an inauguration speech yet. Why do you hate the citizens of this region?"

My inaugural address will be made tonight--stay tuned!

Press: "Governor Leinad, why did it take so agonizingly long to certify the election?"

Because Peebs is a meanie. Sad

Any more questions, fellow citizens (as opposed to the NASTY members of the press)?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »

Why haven't you made a Chamber noticeboard? Is it because you don't care about the Southern people?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 11:34:41 PM »

Why haven't you made a Chamber noticeboard? Is it because you don't care about the Southern people?

Well I handled that when I was Speaker, so I assumed it was the Speaker's job. Tongue

I'll make one tonight for sure.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:42:16 PM »

Well I handled that when I was Speaker, so I assumed it was the Speaker's job. Tongue

Funny how he is asking you this on day 1, but didn't ask Nev in the entire month before he vacated his seat Tongue
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 11:45:14 PM »

Funny how he is asking you this on day 1, but didn't ask Nev in the entire month before he vacated his seat Tongue
I was just wondering why.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 12:03:47 AM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 02:49:25 AM »

Just like some folks weren't too concerned by Speaker Nev disappearing from December 9th until 22nd, while making 91 posts on the rest of the forum. Tongue

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 06:34:53 AM »

Thanks for the campaign banner, Peebs, but we've got some better ideas in the pipeline Wink

Also, I'm glad this has generated activity! #MakeTheAFEBoardActiveAgain
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 07:02:42 AM »

*Leinad comes on the stage to "rousing" applause*

Thank you, thank you. It is my great pleasure to be once again taking the office of Southern Governor. So much has changed since I last held it--in fact, it's technically a new region!

Yes, we have made a lot of reforms in Atlasia. Ventured to new lands (metaphorically speaking). But it's not perfect. Depending on who you talk to, Atlasia is either just fine or DYING. I think the latter is clearly hyperbole, and it's obvious the game has in many ways improved over the freakout and mass deregisration of two years ago, but that isn't cause for complacency. In fact, it's cause to continue the improvement, and make the region better than ever before. How do we do that? By playing the game! I could say more, but what's the point of saying when we could be DOING? Doing more to rejuvenate the region! That's my mission, and I hope it's yours. All I have to say:

LET'S DO THIS!!!!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 01:59:02 AM »

Another Press Conference

Press: "Governor Leinad, you have been heard grumbling about having to do the noticeboard. Why are you a lazy and useless piece of [redacted]?"

I have no problem at all doing the noticeboard. My only concern is that I feel it's within the jurisdiction of the Speaker instead of the Governor--given that it is the Chamber's noticeboard, the principle officer of said Chamber should be in charge of it, no? But again, I have no problem exercising the old cliche of "if you want something done right, do it yourself" Tongue

Press: "Mr. Governor, where the [redacted] is your announcement speech?!?"

I'll have it up tonight, with other campaign material to follow.

Press: "Governor Leinad, you recently co-sponsored a bill in the Chamber, the Sexual Assault Definition Act. Care to comment?"

Yes, it's a result of a conversation we had on ridiculous laws in some states regarding consent and sexual assault. The name comes from the fact that, well, the idea that this is a bill we need to make is rather sad.

Press: "Dude, who's replacing fhtagn?"

The search for Representative Fhtagn's replacement is well underway and, presuming no hitches occur, we should have a full Chamber again within 24 hours from now.

Press: "Mr. Governor, you signed two bills, both of which are horrible. Why do you hate everyone?"

Well, I think both bills are rather good. The first one is inoffensive enough, while the second is Vern tackling a very tricky issue very well.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 07:05:26 AM »

Great speech Mr. Governor! You've been doing a great job so far as Governor of this great region!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2017, 11:25:29 AM by Acting Southern Speaker TimTurner »

The Sexual Assault Definition Act is an important piece of legislation and I'd be happy to get it through the chamber and the signature of the Governor, if not in this session, the next.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »

Weekly Update - July 23rd

Sorry it took me so long to get this off the ground. In-game excuse is that I've been busy moving in and campaigning. Out-of-game excuses are that I've had a rough time IRL (the less-rough parts have been time- and energy-consuming) and I've been slow on this in particular because, well, with all my ideas of what to do with the "Weekly Update," I've been kind of conflicted on which path to take.

It will probably evolve from this as I determine the exact tone and style. But the idea is to get the AFE board active, and make the game more fun. If you're active and having fun in telling me how crap my "Weekly Update" is, well, I guess I've done my job. Tongue

Governor Leinad Moves In

NASHVILLE, TN - Upon his election to Governor, a post he held in the old South back when the capitol was in Memphis, Leinad reacquaints himself with a city he was briefly in last year as Delegate then Speaker. This is my in-person account of his time in the office. At his orders, and against my better judgement, this account is and will remain unbiased and accurate.

"It's great to be back here!" he said. "My first goal back in Nashville is to know the city, you know? Last time I was here I had someone drive me around, while I was just, you know, checking news on my phone." Leinad then mimed himself checking his phone, causing the car to almost drift off the road. "FUUUUUUUUUUn to drive yourself around, it is. It's fun!" Leinad then skipped a song on his playlist. He decided Killer Cars by Radiohead was a bad omen. "Anyway, we're about to go to the best Italian restaurant in Nashville, or so I've heard. You like Italian, right?" I responded that, yes, I did, and he knew that because it was one of the job interview questions to be his Press Secretary. "Well now you see why! Okay, here we are." We parked outside of a hair salon, right next to a bank. There was no restaurants we could even see, especially not Italian ones. "Crap...I think I took a wrong turn. Hey Steve, you know where I went wrong?"

"Well, Leinad," says Steve Owen, Leinad's Chief of Staff, a Nashville resident who was busy reviewing applicants for the rest of Leinad's staff, thus not able to tell Leinad where the heck he was going. "It looks like you made the wrong turn at almost every available point, and are actually on the other side of town completely. A 'wrong turn' I'd understand. But I have no idea how you messed it up this bad."

"Hey, well, I never do things halfway now, do I?"

"The first thing you told me to do today was finish your half-eaten toast..."

"I...well..." Leinad went to his phone. "It looks like there's a Mexican place a block over. You two like Mexican?" We both said not really, no. "Racist. Executive order: we're having Mexican."

"So in the next scene, my character wrestles two alligators to the ground at a time!"

"Why are you telling me this now, Leinad?" asked Peebs outside of the Southern Capitol building. "It's like you're stalling or something. Can we go inside?"

"It's a beautiful day!" Leinad points to the dark gray clouds.

"Also why did you wait to get out of your car until I pulled in? That's a bit creepy, Leinad."

"Because I was eager to tell you about my movie concept!"

"I'm sorry, Leinad, but a movie where seemingly every living thing tries to kill you but you wrestle them all to the ground sounds like a bad idea."

Just then someone else arrived. "Is this a reporter for a major newspaper?"

"Yes, yes it is" said The Reporter.

"Well that's great. Oh, maybe we need a RUBBER BAND here!" he could've chosen a codeword he could fit in naturally, because it made Peebs and The Reporter very confused, while a sad-looking child walked in. "Hello small child, why are you sad?"

"Because I didn't get to eat yesterday, because the Southern Government was stunted."

"And why was that?"

"Because Peebs didn't certify results, because she's a big meanie. Sad"

"Oh my god Leinad..." said Peebs, who couldn't believe that Leinad hired a child actor and called a reporter to do this.

"Wow," said Leinad, still focused on the small child. "That sounds..." the next part was said by Leinad, the small child, and I will regretfully admit, myself, in unison:

"...DEEPLY DISTURBING!!!"

Leinad Gets Protested

Governor Leinad and his Chief-of-Staff Steve Owen watched the recent protests in Nashville, over Leinad's often not socially conservative views.

"I'm pro-life, pro-gun, I'll let individual people have what views they want even if I disagree with them, what more do they want from me?" said Leinad. "Although some of those signs are clever. Others are just...obscene..."

"Oh, look, they're talking about you on the TV."

"Hey, it's the spokesperson for the Social Justice Warrior Party!"

"Liberal Justice Party."

"Close enough, unmute it!"

"it's just a really sad time for the region," said The Spokesperson. "Leinad is a horrible far-right extremist, he hates poors, he hates women, he hates gays, he hates minorities, and it's up to everyone who isn't a fascist to resist this horrible new Governor!"

Leinad said nothing. He simply went to his laptop and, on the speaker system he had set up, played Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel.

Leinad Helps Peebs Not Die

"Peebs, I just read the news about you maybe getting assassinated or something!" said Leinad as he entered Peebs office.

"Yeah, it's a concern."

"I've developed a strategy to keep that from happening."

"Oh really? What is it?"

"Don't die!"

"Wow, that's brilliant!" Peebs was being sarcastic.

"Here are some tools you may need." Leinad showed Peebs a bunch of guns. "If you see someone try to kill you, shoot them."

Leinad then pretended to be an expert on guns. "This one is...long. And it shoots bullets, which are bad to be hit by and stuff. This one isn't as long. Oh, it has a trigger. That shoots the bullets. It also shoots bullets. This one doesn't shoot bullets, it shoots water. Use this to make someone like 'what the hell, why is Peebs using a water pistol?' to buy you time to shoot them."

Peebs looks at me as if I was the camera on The Office.

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Leinad has been watching soccer, as usual--this time the "crappy B-team Gold Cup"--and while his mind was wondering while getting ready for what he predicts will be a win for the Atlasia national team, and also thinking about the idea of a "Confederation" instead of the current system that has been proposed, Leinad asked me to include what his imagination thinks would be the national soccer teams of each region:

Southern National Team:
FW: Jozy Altidore*
AM: Clint Dempsey, Lee Nguyen, Kenny Saief**
DM: Kellyn Acosta, Dax McCarty
DF: Greg Garza, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Graham Zusi
GK: Bill Hamid

*born in New Jersey but grew up in Florida--same for Bedoya who Leinad put in the Lincoln team
**grew up in Israel, but was born in Florida, so is just as eligible for the South as he is for the real national team

Fremont National Team:
FW: Bobby Wood, Jordan Morris
MF: Kelyn Rowe, Sacha Kljestan, Christian Roldan, Paul Arriola
DF: Jorge Villafana, Steve Birnbaum, Chad Marshall, DeAndre Yedlin
GK: Nick Rimando

Lincoln National Team:
FW: Juan Agudelo
W: Christian Pulisic, Darlington Nagbe
MF: Michael Bradley, Wil Trapp, Alejandro Bedoya
DF: DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Miazga, Geoff Cameron, Eric Lichaj
GK: Tim Howard

Leinad also wanted me to add that he's "aware that Trapp and Birnbaum have played like [expletive] this year, but there weren't many other good options."

Phew, there we go. Ones in the future may not be as long, or as dialogue driven. We'll see.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »

Leinad Gets Protested

Governor Leinad and his Chief-of-Staff Steve Owen watched the recent protests in Nashville, over Leinad's often not socially conservative views.

"I'm pro-life, pro-gun, I'll let individual people have what views they want even if I disagree with them, what more do they want from me?" said Leinad. "Although some of those signs are clever. Others are just...obscene..."

"Oh, look, they're talking about you on the TV."

"Hey, it's the spokesperson for the Social Justice Warrior Party!"

"Liberal Justice Party."

"Close enough, unmute it!"

"it's just a really sad time for the region," said The Spokesperson. "Leinad is a horrible far-right extremist, he hates poors, he hates women, he hates gays, he hates minorities, and it's up to everyone who isn't a fascist to resist this horrible new Governor!"

Leinad said nothing. He simply went to his laptop and, on the speaker system he had set up, played Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel.

This is great.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 07:44:46 PM »

Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 02:00:07 AM »

In preparation for Hurricane Harvey's arrival in Florida, I'm declaring a State of Emergency, mobilizing the Southern National Guard, and making resources available to local governments to aid in preparing for the storm and the response afterwards.

Make sure you stay safe, and follow local government instructions on evacuation and safety. Hurricanes can be dangerous!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2017, 09:56:04 PM by JGibson »

I am loving the National Soccer/Footy teams idea.

If I was managing the Lincoln NT, I'd primarily use a 4-2-3-1 setup, with some 3-4-2-1 as well.

My take on the Lincoln NT:
Tim Howard (C)
DaMarcus Beasley-Matt Miazga-Geoff Cameron-Eric Lichaj
Michael Bradley-Perry Kitchen
Darlington Nagbe-Christian Pulisic-Justin Meram
Juan Agudelo

Subs:
Brad Guzan (GK), John Brooks, Matt Hedges, Wil Trapp, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Andrew Wenger

Reserves:
Brian Rowe (GK), Michael Parkhurst, Erik Palmer-Brown, Miguel Ibarra, Isaiah Young, Amando Moreno
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

Ooh yes Meram's a good one. And that center-back depth is also top-notch. But since you've also got the best attacker in the pool (Pulisic), two of the best passers in the pool (Bradley and Nagbe), and the two best goalkeepers in the pool (Howard and Guzan), you could probably start anyone at center-back and do okay. Tongue

Also, I did this:

I hereby appoint Encke to the vacant office of Southern Attorney General.

- Governor Leinad
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »

Mr. Governor what do you think we should do to help Harvey victims in Florida? Any suggestions?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 12:09:46 AM »

In preparation for Hurricane Irma's arrival in our great yet often storm-troubled region, I'm declaring a State of Emergency, mobilizing the Southern National Guard, and making resources available to local governments to aid in preparing for the storm and the response afterwards.

Make sure you stay safe, and follow local government instructions on evacuation and safety!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 02:47:58 AM »

Vacancies

It has came to my attention that Justice JBrase has resigned from the Supreme Court to spend more time with his family or something. I would first off like to offer JBrase, a legend of Atlasia and especially the South, the best of well-wishes in his future endeavors. Second, this means I have to appoint his replacement, as he's the Southern Justice. I have already started the search for a replacement. Also, there is still a seat on the Chamber of Delegates that has yet to be filled. I hope to fill both of these vacancies within the next 24 hours.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 03:26:49 PM »

It has came to my attention that Justice JBrase has resigned from the Supreme Court to spend more time with his family or something. I would first off like to offer JBrase, a legend of Atlasia and especially the South, the best of well-wishes in his future endeavors. Second, this means I have to appoint his replacement, as he's the Southern Justice. I have already started the search for a replacement.

Pick me! Pick me! Poirot likes law abiding citizens and laws to be respected. I am applying to fill this vacancy. I think I would do a good job.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:17 PM »

Apologies to meddle on an affair of the South, but I think Poirot is both qualified and responsible enough to make a good Justice. I don't know if there are more candidates, but I think he's one of the veteran Atlasians that really deserves a more active and rewarding job.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies