Maryland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:39:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Maryland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maryland  (Read 6484 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: August 14, 2005, 09:59:35 AM »

I'm just hoping Dems don't suffer in '06 due to black apathy if the Cardin/Mfume primary gets nasty and Cardin wins.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 04:25:19 PM »

I'm just hoping Dems don't suffer in '06 due to black apathy if the Cardin/Mfume primary gets nasty and Cardin wins.

Do you really think M'fume stands a chance of winning a statewide election?  That type of candidate is usually too much even for the latte liberals, who either stay home or vote Republican in that case.

I would regard Maryland as a true toss-up if Mfume ran. There are enough "(D) is enough" voters to give him a chance, and combined with the fact that the GOP doesn't have any great candidates, he wouldn't get killed statewide. He'd do very bad outside of the big 3 counties, losing ones like Howard that Dems need to do well in. I'm not sure about how good voting is in inner city Baltimore, but his best chance would be hoping that Baltimore turns into Chicago in a political sense. He'd need very high black turnout to win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies