Maryland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:36:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Maryland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maryland  (Read 6476 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 16, 2005, 01:31:42 AM »

This is why I was surprised Philadelphia voted 81% for Kerry especially after last year's racially divisive mayoral election which the white neighborhoods voted overwhelmingly for Republican Sam Katz albeit the end result was 60-40 Street.  I knew when I was pulling for Katz I was going to vote for Howard Dean or whoever then next year.  Yeah I was a Deaniac for Katz.  When you have a mayor that says "the brothas and sistas are running this city, if you don't like it register Republican", I though the Dems were in deep sh!t here with the white voters.  I guarantee if Bush were replaced with McCain, McCain would have creamed Kerry in NE and South Philly.  I can also rest assure you that Philadelphia's Dem nominee will be African American and the GOP one will be Frank Rizzo Jr. 

I think Kerry would still win the NE and South Philly against McCain but it would be close.

As for 2007, I wouldn't be too sure that the Dems will nominate a black candidate. Is it likely? Yes (Fattah seems to be the frontrunner right now. He's making his deals with Street. You know what that might mean...Congressman John Street. Ugh...) but it's not a lock. Doc will be the big name of the white candidates. I have a feeling Saidel's campaign won't get far and he might even decide against running. For the GOP, Rizzo is our best shot but, once again, don't be so sure he will be the nominee. Would he win the primary? Probably. However, Rizzo seems to be one to put up fights with the party. He, like Saidel, could end up deciding against a run.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies