MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!  (Read 32101 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: January 08, 2018, 04:52:32 AM »

Suburban racists in Carroll County prefer money be wasted on heated sidewalks than be given to Baltimore schools. However it’s not like the City Council is any better at allocating the money that was allocated to them. Also that tweet is from last year, and since I never heard about it, I doubt it had much effect.

+100. Such thinghs are forgotten within a month, if not week. And there are still almost 10 month until Election Day.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:03:31 PM »

And some Democrats would vote for this guy over Jealous...lmao.

Why not? Not every Democrat is a "burning progressive"....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »

And some Democrats would vote for this guy over Jealous...lmao.

Why not? Not every Democrat is a "burning progressive"....
But every Democrat would prefer money going to schools than gubernatorial vanity projects.

Absolutely. The question is - how important this action will be by November.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 06:27:39 AM »

I may endorse Hogan tbh; Jealous is a Berniecrat but I just don’t trust him to run the state and don’t know much about Baker. Regardless, MD, outside the rural parts, strikes me as pro-gun control, so not a good look for Hogan.

Well, i doubt, that Carroll county, for example (mostly suburban, IIRC, but 82% for Hogan in 2014 and 63% for Trump in 2016), is a hotbed for gun control initiatives too....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »

I may endorse Hogan tbh; Jealous is a Berniecrat but I just don’t trust him to run the state and don’t know much about Baker. Regardless, MD, outside the rural parts, strikes me as pro-gun control, so not a good look for Hogan.

Well, i doubt, that Carroll county, for example (mostly suburban, IIRC, but 82% for Hogan in 2014 and 63% for Trump in 2016), is a hotbed for gun control initiatives too....

Carroll County is exurban if anything and in the grand scheme of things really doesn't matter as it was only 3.7% of the total vote in the '14 Gov race. Compared to 15.3% for Montogmery County, 15.2% for Baltimore County, and 12.7% for Prince George's County.

Democrats already tried this strategy in 2014. They won Montgomery, Prince George and Baltimore city (not county, i admit) in governor election. Was it enough?. And Baltimore county, while going for Clinton in 2016, is less reflexively liberal then these three...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies