MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!  (Read 32024 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: March 29, 2018, 01:52:40 AM »

I may endorse Hogan tbh; Jealous is a Berniecrat but I just don’t trust him to run the state and don’t know much about Baker. Regardless, MD, outside the rural parts, strikes me as pro-gun control, so not a good look for Hogan.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2018, 12:27:38 AM by YE »

Did people all of a sudden move to Alberta and Saskatchewan when they implemented their single payer systems before the rest of Canada? AFAIK it wasn't a serious problem but correct me if I'm wrong. Did people start moving to MA when they passed Romneycare?  

But yes a state level single payer program is hard to execute (and to be fair any major government program is state or federally is) and not all states have the willpower to expand their government, especially a smaller state. The odds of it downright failing I think is overstated, however, even if it could temporarily hurt the state party (granted, in a non-swing state, the Dems wouldn't be wiped off the map. Not sure on Maryland, but the New York single payer bill which has been in the working for years projects sufficient savings.

If one state program failed, it wouldn't be the end of states trying single payer, given that it won't stop the overton spectrum from steadily drifting left in general IMO. Vermont failing didn't mark the end of states trying single payer, and many states tried their own version of more comprehensive health care pre-Obamacare with largely unsuccessful results. Didn't stop the Dems from doing Obamacare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies