MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!  (Read 31979 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »

Jealous will do better with African Americans than Bernie but the thing is it is a multi-cornered race with many serious contenders in. So the winner will likely get 30-35% of the vote probably. If Jealous gets the Bernie voters to turn up & vote, he will win this. Ofcourse he could always expand the base.

It will be interesting to see what kind of campaign he runs !

It's not even clear that Jealous will beat Baker among African-American voters, tbh.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »

Jealous will probably lose the primary but I'd be interested in hearing our resident MDers takes on his chances.
Maryland doesn't like candidates like Jealous. Just look at how Bernie Sanders got destroyed in the Maryland primary.

Jamie Raskin would like to have a word with you.

1) Not a statewide race

2) Are you familiar with the term "proving the rule with the exception?"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:16 AM »

Politics1.com

@Politics1com
 1h1 hour ago
"I applaud and thank Gov Larry Hogan" (R) for his effort to help Baltimore public schools - Mayor Catherine Pugh (D)

Hogan will be reelected comfortably.

What a cuck.

Depends, if she got more money for Baltimore city schools in exchange then I think she did the right thing, but if this is just the crap we saw from NJ Dems with Christie in 2013 then this is obviously awful.  Btw, can we please stop using the term "cuck?"  Surely we can think of our own insults, no?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »

RIP
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 05:52:05 PM »

Apparently Obama only likes to endorse candidates that blow winnable Senate races like Katie McGinty.

If that’s true, then he’ll love endorsing Ben Jealous!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Politics1com/status/1032727515054465025/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5E345660015270559744&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpolitics1.com%2F

Congrats, Hogan!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 04:44:37 PM »

Jealous was a weak candidate to begin with and was gonna lose anyway, but the last thing he needs is for his campaign to have its twitter account like a pro-cop killing comment.  The swearing thing is dumb, but this will look pretty gross to voters.  Jealous can’t be making dumb mistakes like this if he wants to have a prayer against Hogan.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 04:52:53 PM »

Jealous was a weak candidate to begin with and was gonna lose anyway, but the last thing he needs is for his campaign to have its twitter account like a pro-cop killing comment.  The swearing thing is dumb, but this will look pretty gross to voters.  Jealous can’t be making dumb mistakes like this if he wants to have a prayer against Hogan.
I think you misunderstand me, Bolton. Im not saying this is a positive development, Im saying this means nothing. As in nobody cares. On atlas, its easy to get sucked into the bubble that every development means something, but with actual voters, it doesnt. Im saying that this will have an effect on 1 voter tops, and, like the swearing comment, will probably not even be remembered by the 6 voters who saw this.

Ah, in that case, I hope you’re right.  I guess we’ll see Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies