It's November 6, 2024…
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:54:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  It's November 6, 2024…
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's November 6, 2024…  (Read 1311 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:43:09 AM »

And this happened since 2017. Your reaction? What will be the political climate?

(I know, the scenario is HORRIBLE for Dems)

2018 midterm elections:

House: 232 GOP, 203 Dem; Dem net gain: +9
Senate: 55 GOP, 45 Dem; GOP net gain: +3 (IN, ND and MO flip GOP, no Dem pick-ups)

2020 elections:

✓ President Donald Trump (R-NY)/Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN): 296 EVs.; 47.7%
Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)/Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ): 242 EVs.; 49.2%

House: 243 GOP, 192 Dem; GOP net gain: +11
Senate: 54 GOP, 46 Dem; Dem net gain: +1 (CO flips Dem, no GOP pick-ups)

2022 midterm elections:

House: 227 GOP, 208 Dem; Dem net gain: +16
Senate: 52 GOP, 48 Dem; Dem net gain: +2 (GA, NC and WI flip Dem, NH flips GOP)

2024 elections:

✓ Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)/Secretary of State Nikki Haley (R-SC): ~273 EVs.; 48.1%
Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM)/Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI): ~265 EVs.; 50.3%

* EVs depending on the allocation follwing the 2020 census; but map would almost certainly lead to a narrow GOP win in the EC

House: 235 GOP, 200 Dem; GOP net gain: +8
Senate: 54 GOP, 46 Dem; GOP net gain: +2 (NV flips Dem (plus pick-ups from ME and VT), MT, FL, OH flip GOP)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »

Basically what Democrats dreaded during the Bush age- * get elected over and over again without ever getting elected. I am sure at that point, the social unrest has escalated and the Republican Party is seen as an empire in itself, waging campaigns of preservation over the disparate masses of the continent and globe. It will be succesful as long as it is everywhere and everyone at once.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »

I wonder how tf Pence won VA but lost AZ
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »

I wonder how tf Pence won VA but lost AZ
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »

The Democrats winning the popular vote both times and losing the election both times would set off an explosive debate about the electoral college.

It would only be a matter of time until the Democrats retook both the presidency and Congress. There has always been and always will be frequent turnover of power between parties. I think this factor is often overlooked. Sometimes, no matter how well you campaign and no matter how good your candidates are, change always happens.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 08:34:52 AM »

The Democrats winning the popular vote both times and losing the election both times would set off an explosive debate about the electoral college.

It would only be a matter of time until the Democrats retook both the presidency and Congress. There has always been and always will be frequent turnover of power between parties. I think this factor is often overlooked. Sometimes, no matter how well you campaign and no matter how good your candidates are, change always happens.

Especially with an unpopular President to a majority... but one probably having fanatical following slightly less than a majority. This indicates that the majority-of-a-majority technique introduced by Lenin in Russia, introduced to America by Karl Rove, and since solidified as a norm.  The system has become effective in shaping the vote to the will of the effective majority, with the rest being taxed heavily, served badly if at all, and whose representation is permanently irrelevant.

This has become a repressive society on the brink of protests similar to that of Tienanmen Square to be beaten down with murderous repression.  How the Democratic Party could seem close to winning power yet remaining short because the Republicans 'find' (likely fabricate) votes or Democrats 'lose' votes (likely stolen by Republicans and never accounted for).

Patronage has become an important part of American life, with most people who want anything other than servile work or pure drudgery for low wages selling out to the Republican Party. The government is controlling attitudes by ensuring that those not loyal to the Party get no chance at low-interest loans for college attendance, housing, or forming small businesses. Getting a government job as in teaching may depend upon making the appropriate contributions to the Party and its candidates. 

I would expect things to get worse and worse for Democrats which have essentially disbanded in much of the country.

This is a bad situation.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies