WV-PPD: Manchin holding early 9-point lead over "generic Republican" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:55:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV-PPD: Manchin holding early 9-point lead over "generic Republican" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-PPD: Manchin holding early 9-point lead over "generic Republican"  (Read 4514 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: June 18, 2017, 03:54:32 PM »

^Exactly. I know people here think 2018 will be a massive Democratic wave year even in the "red" states, but I think all of these races will be highly competitive, with the GOP favored in IN and MO, and MT/WV/OH all as Tossups. We'll just have to see again. I'm not going to argue about this anymore, though.
I mean, I expect Trump to have a 35% approval rating. Meaning he will be unpopular in all these Trump dem states except ND and WV.

It's really not worth arguing over. Half of Atlas thinks that 2018 will reflect 2016, so all we can do is wait and see who ends up right

Before a long absence I was actually an active poster in like 06/07 and yes Atlas has a tendency to have recency bias and thinks the map is set in stone. Probably because of the younger population. I saw 06/08/10/12/14/16. A lot of our posters may only faintly remember the 2008 election. Back in June 2008 it would be unthinkable of seeing Hillary Clinton losing West Virginia by a nearly 3 to 1 margin in a future election.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:32:32 PM »

I think Manchin is favored for reelection and like Heitkamp could end up winning by double digits.

I am not worried much about Joe Manchin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies