Office of Henry Wallace -- Statement on the Formation of the People's Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:14:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Henry Wallace -- Statement on the Formation of the People's Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Henry Wallace -- Statement on the Formation of the People's Party  (Read 4089 times)
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:50:40 PM »
« edited: September 01, 2019, 02:12:14 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

I, HenryWallaceMP, am running for reelection to the Fremont House of Commons. I am running with the regional Liberal Democratic Party. Some of you may know me as HenryWallaceVP; however, I have changed my name to HenryWallaceMP as this user, unlike the real Henry Wallace, is a Member of Parliament, not a Vice President. After Evergreen was permanently banned, I was appointed as an MP by Prime Minister Truman. I now hope to be elected as one by the great citizens of the wonderful region of Fremont. I will now outline my platform.

Social Issues
I am a strong supporter of LGBT rights, and I applaud the Bessell-Truman Transgender Rights Act as a triumphant success. If reelected, then I will continue to expand and build upon this masterfully crafted piece of legislation. I also believe that voter ID laws are a violation of civil rights, and if any of them exist in Fremont they must be repealed. I am also a pro-choice candidate who supports abortion rights. Additionally, I am a determined supporter of gun control and increased background checks.

Climate Change
I believe that climate change is currently the biggest threat facing Fremont and Atlasia as a whole. The Fremontian tax incentives for renewable energy producers is an amazing program that will help reduce dependence on fossil fuels. I believe that to reduce carbon emissions even further, a carbon tax should be implemented.

The Economy
The living wage that exists in Fremont today is an outstanding example of the bipartisanship that exists in Fremontian politics, and if elected I will reach across the aisle to my Federalist colleagues to pass more laws that reduce poverty in Fremont. It is also remarkable that Fremont has been able to maintain stellar job growth and low unemployment while also running a budget surplus. This speaks to the abilities of Prime Minister Truman and the rest of the Fremont House of Commons. I firmly believe that the money from this surplus should be used to expand infrastructure and access to health care. This is why I am a big supporter of the proposed coast to coast rail network. In addition, I am a major proponent of unions and a major opponent of right-to-work laws.

Foreign Policy
I am an internationalist, and I believe that Fremont, and all of Atlasia, cannot afford to be isolationist and go it alone. If elected, I would help forge partnerships and alliances with other friendly countries. I would only contemplate going to war if 2 of these 3 conditions were met: the invasion of an allied country, an act of genocide by a country against its people, or a country posing a feasible threat to Atlasia.

I hope that I have earned your votes.

Endorsements
Fremont Prime Minister Harry S Truman (Labor Party--Fremont)
Fremont Speaker Roy Barnes (Labor Party--Fremont)

Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 11:59:19 PM by HenryWallaceMP »

I, HenryWallaceMP, am running for reelection to the Fremont House of Commons. I am running with the regional Liberal Democratic Party. Some of you may know me as HenryWallaceVP; however, I have changed my name to HenryWallaceMP as this user, unlike the real Henry Wallace, is a Member of Parliament, not a Vice President. After Evergreen was permanently banned, I was appointed as an MP by Prime Minister Truman. I now hope to be elected as one by the great citizens of the wonderful region of Fremont. I will now outline my platform.

Social Issues
I am a strong supporter of LGBT rights, and I applaud the the Bessell-Truman Transgender Rights Act as a triumphant success. If reelected, then I will continue to expand and build upon this masterfully crafted piece of legislation. I also believe that voter ID laws are a violation of civil rights, and if any of them exist in Fremont they must be struck down.

Climate Change
I believe that climate change is currently the biggest threat facing Fremont and Atlasia as a whole. The Fremontian tax incentives for renewable energy producers is an amazing program that will help reduce dependence on fossil fuels. I believe that to reduce carbon emissions even further, a carbon tax should be implemented.

The Economy
The living wage that exists in Fremont today is an outstanding example of the bipartisanship that exists in Fremontian politics, and if elected I will reach across the aisle to my Federalist colleagues to pass more laws that reduce poverty in Fremont. It is also remarkable that Fremont has been able to maintain stellar job growth and low unemployment while also running a budget surplus. This speaks to the abilities of Prime Minister Truman and the rest of the Fremont House of Commons. I firmly believe that the money from this surplus should be used to expand infrastructure and access to health care. This is why I am a big supporter of the proposed coast to coast rail network.

Foreign Policy
I am an internationalist, and I believe that Fremont, and all of Atlasia, cannot afford to be isolationist and go it alone. If elected, I would help forge partnerships and alliances with other friendly countries. I would only contemplate going to war if 2 of these 3 conditions were met: the invasion of an allied country, an act of genocide by a country against its people, or a country posing a feasible threat to Atlasia.

I hope that I have earned your votes.

I accidentally posted the same topic twice; I'm locking the other one.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 12:36:12 PM »

Welcome to the House of Commons! You will have my vote next week. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »

Endorsed! Fremont - and, indeed, the whole of Atlasia - desperately needs the sort of principled and active lawmaker as you have thus far shown yourself to be.
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:04:55 PM »

Good citizens of Fremont, it is necessary and imperative that your fulfill your civic duty of voting in this election of June 2017. As a member of the Liberal Democracy Party, I believe that I have proven myself to be both a very active legislator who produces thoughtful legislation and a candidate who deserves your vote.

I have been in office for only 10 days, and in those 10 days I am already in the process of passing a piece of landmark legislation, the Fremont Carbon Taxation Act of 2017. This act will effectively combat climate change by significantly reducing carbon dioxide emissions. This act will also raise more revenue than all other taxes in Fremont besides the income tax. Unneeded tax dollars generated by this act will be returned to the good taxpaying citizens of Fremont. Also, I have many more great ideas that I will implement if I am reelected.

I have been endorsed by two of the most accomplished Fremontian politicians, Harry S Truman and Roy Barnes, and I hope that you too will endorse me by voting for me for first preference in this election.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »

Endorsed for 2nd preference
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »

With less than 5 hours left in this election, if you haven't voted already, it is time to vote! For anyone who wants a committed, knowledgeable, progressive, and hardworking legislator, vote for HenryWallaceMP for first preference for the Fremont House of Commons!
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 12:34:22 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2017, 09:52:05 PM by Fremont Speaker Henry Wallace »

Fremontians, I have just declared my candidacy for the Atlasian Senate. If you elect me to the Senate, I promise you that I will serve your interests as a Senator. Currently, I am the Speaker of the Fremont House of Commons. I hope that soon I will have the honor and privilege of serving as your Senator. I will now outline several reasons why I believe I should earn your vote:

Platform
1) Bills
In the Commons this term, two bills authored by myself have been incorporated into the Fremont Statue. Those bills are the Fremont Carbon Taxation Act of 2017 and the Fremont Bank Downsizing Act of 2017. The former of these acts established a tax on carbon in Fremont. The act will drastically reduce carbon emissions in Fremont and will raise more revenue than all Fremontian taxes excluding the income tax. Much of this revenue will be returned to the taxpaying citizens of Fremont. The latter of these acts will break up the big banks and eliminate "too big to fail" financial institutions. This will prevent a taxpayer funded bailout of such institutions from ever being necessary. Currently, the Fremont Gun Safety Act is being debated in the Commons. This bill is the first of its kind in Fremont, as there are currently no gun control laws in the Fremont Statue.

2) Game Activity
Game activity is a critical issue currently facing Atlasia. As your Senator, I will be an active and passionate legislator. I am the only MP, excluding the Prime Minister, who has written any bills during this session of the Commons. I am the only MP, excluding the Prime Minister, who has participated in all debates and votes on each bill that has been presented before the Commons. In the Senate, I promise that I will take a similarly active approach. I believe that all Atlasians, whether on the Left, the Right, or the Center; whether Labor, Federalist, or Independent, understand the critical importance of game activity. Additionally, I have never missed an election, whether it be local, federal, or relating to a Constitutional Amendment.

3) Experience
As the current Speaker of the Fremont House of Commons, I believe that I am uniquely qualified to serve as your Senator. Before my term as the Speaker, I was an MP in the Commons. As a Senator, I will demonstrate knowledge and experience relating to the trappings and inner workings of government.

4) What I hope to Accomplish in the Senate
In the Senate, I would like to implement many of the programs at the federal level that I have implemented at the local, Fremontian level. Such programs would include a national carbon tax, an Atlasian bank downsizing bill, and a gun safety act. Another area that I would like to take an active role in is shaping Atlasian foreign policy. Although I have very much enjoyed serving in the Commons, there is not much one can do in regard to foreign policy at the local level. In the Senate, I will serve as an internationalist voice in a federal government dominated by isolationists. I support a diplomatically engaged Atlasia, and my policy on military intervention is simple. I would only contemplate supporting military intervention if 2 of these 3 conditions were met: the invasion of an allied country, an act of genocide by a country against its people, or a country posing a feasible threat to Atlasia.

I hope that I have convinced you that I am the best candidate for the Atlasian Senate. I believe that I would be a effective legislator for the reasons outlined above, and I sincerely hope that I have earned your votes.

Endorsements
Chief Justice Windjammer (Labor Party--Fremont)
Fremont Senator Roy Barnes (Labor Party--Fremont)
House Minority Leader Peebs (Labor Party--South)
Fremont Prime Minister Harry S Truman (Labor Party--Fremont)
Lincoln Senator A. Scott (Labor Party--Lincoln)
Former Secretary of State Ted Bessell (Independent--Fremont)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 12:36:41 PM »

Are you guilty of colluding with Empress Elizabeth of Russia? Tongue
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »

Are you guilty of colluding with Empress Elizabeth of Russia? Tongue

Maybe, but I've heard that you might be in league with Empress Maria Theresa of Austria. Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »

Are you primarying Senator Alpha???
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »

I've heard that he's retiring.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »

He's retiring.

----

Endorsed
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »

You have my enthusiastic support, my friend!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 05:31:21 PM »

Godspeed, Hank.
This is an endorsement, in case it's not obvious.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »

Enthusiastically and equivocally endorsed, sir. I'm more cynical these days than I have been in the past, but there is no doubt in my mind that the people of Fremont would be well-served to have you as their voice in the Senate, nor that our Union stands to learn a great deal from what you have to offer. It will be a pleasure to cast my ballot for you this month.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »

Endorsed!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »

Endorsed.
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 11:55:57 PM »

I would like to thank all of the Atlasians who endorsed me and voted for me in this election. Every single one of you made my campaign possible and ultimately successful. I have committed myself to a career of public service, and so I will never fail to be an active legislator who will always hold the interests of the people of Fremont at heart. I will miss working in the Commons, but the Senate gives me an opportunity to influence foreign policy that was not possible in the Commons.

I have just sworn in as a Senator. In the Senate, I am planning on introducing several bills, some of which are federal versions of Fremontian legislation I proposed and others of which are bills relating to foreign policy. I will be a liberal, internationalist policymaker, and I hope that my time in the Senate will be as enjoyable, fruitful, and productive as my time in the Commons was. I also promise to vote on every single piece of legislation that is presented before the Senate body.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 01:36:06 AM »

Congrats! If you ever want to talk policy, shoot me a PM. Smiley
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »

Atlasians all across the country are sickened by the murderous mass shooting that took place in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 1. Action must be taken. This bill expands on the Gun Control Act of 2017 by tightening restrictions on guns. This includes an assault weapons ban and a high-capacity magazines ban, both of which previously existed from 1994 to 2004, and a ban on the purchase of firearms by individuals on the no fly list. I am planning on introducing this piece of legislation onto the Senate floor soon.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

I agree with some of it, but I don't think people on the no fly list should be banned, no due process.
diptheriadan

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 08:27:44 PM »

By chance, do you actually know how to operate a firearm?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »

By chance, do you actually know how to operate a firearm?

Don't worry. If this many times unconstitutional bill were to pass, I'd sue all the way to Supreme Court ... and easily win. Several definitions in it are unconstitutionally vague for due process purposes, banning people on the no fly-list denies a fundamental liberty without the minimal due process requirements of notice and opportunity to comment, confiscation under this scheme would amount to an illegal taking, the claimed powers easily exceed those enumerated to the feds under the constitution, and requiring the Regions to enforce the law is unconstitutional comandeering. And that is without even considering the obvious 2nd amendment violations. Anyone who takes an oath to defend the constitution and then supports this illegal and tyrannical bill should resign in disgrace.
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 06:56:26 PM »

I have decided that I will not run for reelection in December. It has been a pleasure to work in the Senate, and an honor to spend so much of my time devoted to public service. I will miss all of my Senate colleagues and the work that I got done with them in the Senate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies