Tim Kaine's son faces misdemeanor charges after Trump rally incident
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 10:03:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tim Kaine's son faces misdemeanor charges after Trump rally incident
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Tim Kaine's son faces misdemeanor charges after Trump rally incident  (Read 2563 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2017, 05:15:41 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2017, 05:40:53 PM by Torie »

Link.

He lit off fireworks and smoke bombs just like "terrorist" Lauren Southern.

[Let's stick to the headline, and you can editorialize in your post. You try to get a rise out of folks, and it poisons the civility of this forum and I don't appreciate it, and it's wrong to boot. Please chill Mr. Sanchez. Yes, I know, some others do it. Don't worry about them - worry about yourself. Thanks. Torie.]
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 07:37:33 PM »

It's unfortunate for him that he's not a Republican, otherwise he could have been elected to Congress.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »

It's unfortunate for him that he's not a Republican, otherwise he could have been elected to Congress.
Shooting off fireworks at peaceful demonstrators is not comparable to one trespassing journalist being pushed to the ground by a candidate with a clear anger problem. This kinda stuff is happening, and it needs to be addressed.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 07:51:29 PM »

Shooting off fireworks at peaceful demonstrators is not comparable to one trespassing journalist being pushed to the ground by a candidate with a clear anger problem. This kinda stuff is happening, and it needs to be addressed.

I don't see where it says that Linwood Kaine specifically shot off fireworks.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »

Yeah, one is a joke while the other is a felony.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 07:54:25 PM »

Didn't slash anyone's throat, so I don't really care.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 07:56:27 PM »

Nor did he stab anyone because of their party affiliation.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 07:56:39 PM »

Well he's now automatically more interesting than his father.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »

Come on. I see all these people going "Gianforte is deplorable, I'd never support someone as violent as him," then turning around to defend Tim Kaine's kid just because it was against "le evil dr*mpf". At least be consistent; this is a crime roughly equal to Gianforte's, and it's being treated the same as Gianforte's.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 08:06:03 PM »

Come on. I see all these people going "Gianforte is deplorable, I'd never support someone as violent as him," then turning around to defend Tim Kaine's kid just because it was against "le evil dr*mpf". At least be consistent; this is a crime roughly equal to Gianforte's, and it's being treated the same as Gianforte's.

"Kaine, 24, was charged Friday by prosecutors in St. Paul with fleeing on foot, concealing identity in a public place, and obstructing the legal process by interfering with a peace officer."

Doesn't sound equal to me.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »

Gianforte is also facing misdemeanor charges (i.e. 6 months in prison or a <$1000 fine). I highly doubt Kaine will get anything much different from that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »

You mean the Bernie bro who did the Oregon stabbing? Why don't you read his FB posts before rushing to judgement.
Using fireworks as a weapon isn't a joke. It's an act of violence - the kind that gets you off - and it cannot and is not being tolerated.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 08:17:06 PM »

You mean the Bernie bro who did the Oregon stabbing? Why don't you read his FB posts before rushing to judgement.
Nah I'm talking about the terrorist in KY who stabbed people in a cafe for being Democrats. 

Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »

Nah I'm talking about the terrorist in KY who stabbed people in a cafe for being Democrats. 
That is a disturbing and equally reprehensible act. That qualifies as actual terrorism. Tim Kaine's son's actions are a bit more minor than that, but using fireworks against people is absolutely no "joke."
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 08:20:32 PM »

Using fireworks as a weapon isn't a joke. It's an act of violence - the kind that gets you off - and it cannot and is not being tolerated.
Where in the article does it say he used fireworks as a weapon, or did anything violent?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »

Where in the article does it say he used fireworks as a weapon, or did anything violent?
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why is with the suspects? Why did he violently resist arrest? Kid Kaine was involved.

From Fox News.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 08:50:48 PM »

Why is with the suspects? Why did he violently resist arrest? Kid Kaine was involved.

From Fox News.

That still doesn't say what you claimed.

When Fred & George Weasley set off fireworks near Umbridge, as they decided to leave Hogwarts,  they didn't intend to harm anyone (and didn't) and nobody saw that kind of thing as a violent act.

From what I've read so far, this doesn't seem too different. Just causing a disturbance. Doesn't mean I approve, but it's not violent or despicable. If they wanted to be violent, they wouldn't have chosen such superficial things.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »

Both sides are far too violent and hateful, and every time this is brought up, they go "What about the other party?!?!?!"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 10:51:15 PM »

From Fox News.

That still doesn't say what you claimed.

When Fred & George Weasley set off fireworks near Umbridge, as they decided to leave Hogwarts,  they didn't intend to harm anyone (and didn't) and nobody saw that kind of thing as a violent act.

From what I've read so far, this doesn't seem too different. Just causing a disturbance. Doesn't mean I approve, but it's not violent or despicable. If they wanted to be violent, they wouldn't have chosen such superficial things.
You're seriously using Harry freaking Potter as an analogy? Seriously?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »

I never knew Tim Kaine's son lived in Minneapolis. Interesting.

If I end up on the jury for this I'm going to vote to acquit.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »

I never knew Tim Kaine's son lived in Minneapolis. Interesting.

If I end up on the jury for this I'm going to vote to acquit.

You'll probably get jailed for contempt of court.

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »

Kid does something stupid, because of already escalating tension, gets in trouble. K.

Little bit different than: Congressional Candidate physically assaults reporter.

Doesn't seem like anyone was dramatically hurt. So, who care. They're both misdemeanors, still.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies