SA/A/D/SD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:40:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SA/A/D/SD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: SA/A/D/SD  (Read 28661 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 04:14:36 PM »

Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

1.) Felons and those in jail should have the same voting rights as all other citizens.Strongly Disagree

2.) Ex-felons should have the same voting rights as all other citizens.Strongly Agree

3.) In general, people are just too obsessed with sex.Agree

4.) We would all be a lot better off if people followed the Golden Rule.Disagree

5.) The government's main responsibility should be to keep order.Strongly Disagree

6.) Music and the arts are essential for a community to flourish and should be funded by the government.Strongly Agree

7.) The right to revolution in the New Hampshire state constitution is a good thing that all states should have.Agree

8.) Improvement of the human race through eugenics should be a goal of the government.Strongly Disagree

9.) A Department of Peace should be added to the presidential administration.Disagree

10.) The voting age should be lowered to 16.Disagree

11.) Immigration is one of the worst problems the United States faces.Strongly Disagree

12.) The government should not have any business with people's library records, gun purchases, or credit card use.Strongly Agree

13.) Restrictions on cellphone wiretapping should be loosened.Strongly Disagree

14.) Criticism of religions such as Christianity and Islam are not protected by free speech.Disagree

15.) The drinking age should be lowered or abolished.Disagree
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 06:09:41 PM »

1.) Felons and those in jail should have the same voting rights as all other citizens. Felons - AGREE, in jail - DISAGREE

2.) Ex-felons should have the same voting rights as all other citizens. AGREE

3.) In general, people are just too obsessed with sex. DISAGREE

4.) We would all be a lot better off if people followed the Golden Rule. AGREE

5.) The government's main responsibility should be to keep order. AGREE

6.) Music and the arts are essential for a community to flourish and should be funded by the government. AGREE

7.) The right to revolution in the New Hampshire state constitution is a good thing that all states should have. ?

8.) Improvement of the human race through eugenics should be a goal of the government. DISAGREE

9.) A Department of Peace should be added to the presidential administration. DISAGREE

10.) The voting age should be lowered to 16. AGREE

11.) Immigration is one of the worst problems the United States faces. DISAGREE (it is a positive)

12.) The government should not have any business with people's library records, gun purchases, or credit card use. AGREE, DISAGREE, AGREE

13.) Restrictions on cellphone wiretapping should be loosened. DISAGREE

14.) Criticism of religions such as Christianity and Islam are not protected by free speech. DISAGREE

15.) The drinking age should be lowered or abolished. AGREE
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 12:18:01 AM »

9.) A Department of Peace should be added to the presidential administration.
-Agree

LOL!

Don't worry. I'll be the secretary of the Dept of Peace. Wink
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 01:05:44 AM »

1.) Felons and those in jail should have the same voting rights as all other citizens. Felons - AGREE, in jail - DISAGREE
Very disappointing.  To think, I'm more liberal than opebo on voting rights.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 04:15:40 AM »

1.) Felons and those in jail should have the same voting rights as all other citizens.

I strongly agree in democracy

2.) Ex-felons should have the same voting rights as all other citizens.

I strongly agree in democracy

3.) In general, people are just too obsessed with sex.

Disagree

4.) We would all be a lot better off if people followed the Golden Rule.

Generally, but this doesn't cover rape.

5.) The government's main responsibility should be to keep order.

Disagree

6.) Music and the arts are essential for a community to flourish and should be funded by the government.

Somewhat agree

7.) The right to revolution in the New Hampshire state constitution is a good thing that all states should have.

Agree

8.) Improvement of the human race through eugenics should be a goal of the government.

Strongy Disagree

Sounds like an interesting idea. May be a waste though, what would they do?

10.) The voting age should be lowered to 16.

Well, I believe it should be eliminated

11.) Immigration is one of the worst problems the United States faces.

Seriously?

12.) The government should not have any business with people's library records, gun purchases, or credit card use.

Gun purchases, yes for the others no

13.) Restrictions on cellphone wiretapping should be loosened.

Disagree

14.) Criticism of religions such as Christianity and Islam are not protected by free speech.

SD

15.) The drinking age should be lowered or abolished.

Yes, it should be abolished.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2005, 04:22:38 AM »

Well, clearly, any rapist is not doing unto his rapee as he would have them to do him.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You support letting 5 year olds vote?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 04:35:35 AM »

1.) Felons and those in jail should have the same voting rights as all other citizens.
Disagree
Strongly Agree
Agree
Agree
Agree
6.) Music and the arts are essential for a community to flourish and should be funded by the government.
Agree, partly
7.) The right to revolution in the New Hampshire state constitution is a good thing that all states should have.
Agree
8.) Improvement of the human race through eugenics should be a goal of the government.
Disagree
Strongly disagree
Strongly disagree
Strongly disagree
12.) The government should not have any business with people's library records, gun purchases, or credit card use.
Disagree
Don't know (what are the current restrictinos?)
14.) Criticism of religions such as Christianity and Islam are not protected by free speech.
Strongly disgaree
Agree

--------------
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 01:32:45 PM »

Well, clearly, any rapist is not doing unto his rapee as he would have them to do him.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You support letting 5 year olds vote?

If a five year old wants to vote, I dont see why not. They aren't going to though, so there is no problems.

As for the Golden rul question, Im not sure how a rapist would feel about being raped- especially by the woman he is raping.  My feeling is some wouldnt mind.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 01:38:23 PM »

Because the number of five year olds who actually want to vote is much much lower than the number who will simply however their parents tell them.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 01:41:06 PM »

Because the number of five year olds who actually want to vote is much much lower than the number who will simply however their parents tell them.

Not to mention they'd be almost completely unable to understand the issues. Try explaining the budget to a five year old.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 01:50:02 PM »

You guys are really worried about nothing.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 02:00:41 PM »

Letting five year olds vote is a bad idea - I don't let bad ideas stand without being refuted by sound reason, otherwise more people are likely to listen to them. You're honestly too smart to think that five year olds should be allowed to vote.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 02:06:34 PM »

A (undecided, really, but I feel like being positive Wink + Tongue)

A

SA

A

D

(lean) D

SD

SD

SD (sounds like meaningless federal bureaucracy)

D

SD

D (hardline anti-gun stance outweighs the other two)

SD

SD

D
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2005, 02:26:36 PM by Frodo »

Strongly Agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Felons and those in jail should have the same voting rights as all other citizens. Strongly disagree

2.) Ex-felons should have the same voting rights as all other citizens. Disagree

3.) In general, people are just too obsessed with sex. Disagree -parents need to talk more about sex with their kids, rather than letting it be known that this is a verbotten subject not fit for conversation

4.) We would all be a lot better off if people followed the Golden Rule. What's that?

5.) The government's main responsibility should be to keep order. Agree

6.) Music and the arts are essential for a community to flourish and should be funded by the government. Agree -sort of, though not to the first part of your sentence.  Government should provide some measure of support to public school districts around the country that offer programs in the arts.

7.) The right to revolution in the New Hampshire state constitution is a good thing that all states should have. Agree

8.) Improvement of the human race through eugenics should be a goal of the government. Strongly disagree

9.) A Department of Peace should be added to the presidential administration. Disagree -though its goals, as elaborated upon by Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich, are laudable

10.) The voting age should be lowered to 16. Disagree

11.) Immigration is one of the worst problems the United States faces. Disagree -it is illegal immigration

12.) The government should not have any business with people's library records, gun purchases, or credit card use. Strongly agree

13.) Restrictions on cellphone wiretapping should be loosened. Disagree

14.) Criticism of religions such as Christianity and Islam are not protected by free speech. Strongly disagree

15.) The drinking age should be lowered or abolished. Agree
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 02:56:25 PM »

Letting five year olds vote is a bad idea - I don't let bad ideas stand without being refuted by sound reason, otherwise more people are likely to listen to them. You're honestly too smart to think that five year olds should be allowed to vote.

I honestly don't see the problem. Five year olds will not vote, anyways. There will of course be laws (if they dont already exist) against parents forcing their children to vote they way they want to. There will be so few five year olds voting that it would not effect the results. In fact, nothing bad could come of it, you're just worried about nothing. Think outside the box.  Of course if this were to happen, and there were problems with it (that could not be fixed  by strict laws) then I will say the voting age should still be very low.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 03:07:58 PM »

I honestly don't see the problem. Five year olds will not vote, anyways. There will of course be laws (if they dont already exist) against parents forcing their children to vote they way they want to. There will be so few five year olds voting that it would not effect the results. In fact, nothing bad could come of it, you're just worried about nothing. Think outside the box.  Of course if this were to happen, and there were problems with it (that could not be fixed  by strict laws) then I will say the voting age should still be very low.

Any laws preventing such abuse wouldn't be effective
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2005, 03:54:52 PM »

Any laws preventing such abuse wouldn't be effective

I'm not so sure about that.  The people at the polling stations can enforce and heavily fine any offenders.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2005, 03:59:36 PM »

Hi! This is mine!

Strongly Agree

Strongly Agree

Disagree - Just allow children to hear and know about it from early, so as adults, they will not be as Sex-Crazed as BRTD Tongue Suppression of knowledge is unconstitutional.

Unsure

Strongly Agree

Disagree

Strongly Agree Texas kann kiss the US good-bye... as can Quebec w/ Canadia and the Basque Nation with Spain.

8.) Improvement of the human SPECIES through eugenics should be a goal of the government.
Agree

Disagree Is Homeland Security alright? You tell me!

Strongly Disagree These minor pricks do not know $hit about our government. Let alone how it works.

VERY Strongly Disagree

12.) The government should not have any business with people's library records, gun (sword for me) purchases, or credit card use.
Agree

Strongly Disagree

Strongly Agree

-Agree

I'm just asking for you to answer for me... what is my ideology based on these replies???
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2005, 04:00:15 PM »

You've never been to Bradford before have you? Grin
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2005, 05:15:17 PM »

When I was 5, I didn't know what the word "politics" really meant; when I was 10, I just supported whoever my parents were rooting for during the TV coverage.  The voting age should be, at minimum, 14, but 16 is better.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2005, 05:23:38 PM »

When I was 5, I didn't know what the word "politics" really meant; when I was 10, I just supported whoever my parents were rooting for during the TV coverage.  The voting age should be, at minimum, 14, but 16 is better.

All the more reason to support this, as 5 year olds wont vote anyways. And, people vote for who their family votes for all the time, no matter what your age is. That's a terrible argument!
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2005, 05:24:24 PM »

All the more reason to support this, as 5 year olds wont vote anyways.
A 5-year old may vote if told to do so by the parent.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2005, 05:26:10 PM »

All the more reason to support this, as 5 year olds wont vote anyways.
A 5-year old may vote if told to do so by the parent.

Well, any forced voting would be prevented with strict laws, I've already covered this.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »

How exactly would you stop parents from forcing 5 year olds to vote?  Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a voting age?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »

How exactly would you stop parents from forcing 5 year olds to vote?  Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a voting age?

Any forcing they do in the vicinity of the polling area would be restricted of course. It may make more sense to have a voting age, but I don't believe it is what democracy is about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies