Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202185 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: August 03, 2017, 12:06:36 AM »

Now is not the time for trump and republicans to give up. They have to fight through the headwinds and deliver on things.

Trump threw congress a bone with the RAISE act. There is still time to get things done.

General kelly needs to get the WH in order first, but you can't give up so early.

The media has actually tended to greatly over exaggerate when trump gets a "win". Remember the state of union address? 

It is too early to throw in the towel.
Threw a bone? The reports are this thing is DOA in congress you already have Graham bashing it and God knows how McCain, Flake, and Heller feel on it

Graham bashed a few aspects of it, but a version of it could certainly get through. Increase the amount admitted, get rid of english requirement, and it could maybe get through.
Really doubt Rubio or the business wing will get behind this
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1026 on: August 03, 2017, 12:21:24 AM »

Now is not the time for trump and republicans to give up. They have to fight through the headwinds and deliver on things.

Trump threw congress a bone with the RAISE act. There is still time to get things done.

General kelly needs to get the WH in order first, but you can't give up so early.

The media has actually tended to greatly over exaggerate when trump gets a "win". Remember the state of union address? 

It is too early to throw in the towel.
Threw a bone? The reports are this thing is DOA in congress you already have Graham bashing it and God knows how McCain, Flake, and Heller feel on it

Graham bashed a few aspects of it, but a version of it could certainly get through. Increase the amount admitted, get rid of english requirement, and it could maybe get through.
Really doubt Rubio or the business wing will get behind this

rubio is a sellout. If he knew it would pass, he would vote for it. Rubio is in no way some moderate hero on immigration issues.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1027 on: August 03, 2017, 05:56:24 AM »

Gallup (August 1st)

Approve 36% (-1)
Disapprove 60% (+1)

Lol. The crashing across the board is hilarious.

Is Trump going to have a heart attack when he keeps seeing these brutal numbers?

Have you heard about his historic win in the electoral college? Here, look at this map!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1028 on: August 03, 2017, 08:43:21 AM »

Gallup (August 1st)

Approve 36% (-1)
Disapprove 60% (+1)

Lol. The crashing across the board is hilarious.

Is Trump going to have a heart attack when he keeps seeing these brutal numbers?

No, because they're fake polls.

Reality is not the reality in which this nation lives anymore.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1029 on: August 03, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »

Trump approval in Arizona: 44/53

Source
peter88
Rookie
« Reply #1030 on: August 03, 2017, 10:37:18 AM »

bookmakers predict that Trump will not be re-elected in 2020 and the odds are 2/7 (that is, a $2 bet will get your $2 back plus 7 on top of it). wonder if anyone places bets now with 3 years to go
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1031 on: August 03, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2017, 09:40:22 PM by pbrower2a »

Democratic internal.

Democratic opponent 47%
Flake 31%

Flake approval: 18/62
Trump approval: 44/53

It's pretty clear Flake has pissed off both the GOP base and Democrats, but PPP needs to stop with Generic Democrats and start polling real candidates like Sinema and Stanton.

Internal poll by Democrats, but it is consistent with other polls, and it is by a good pollster (PPP). Trump is doing badly in Arizona. Aside from being an awful President (a reasonably-good Republican President would have an approval rating near the inverse of what this President has in Arizona), Arizona could be drifting D due to California transplants getting away from high rents and the fast-growing Hispanic contingent of the vote (there could easily be some overlap). Arizona has a large Mormon population which is usually enthusiastic enough about a Republican President to keep Arizona in the "R" category. But Donald Trump is not the sort of Republican to excite Mormons.  The difference between '52' and '53' is likely noise...    

Blue, positive and 40-43%  20% saturation
............................ 44-47%  40%
............................ 48-50%  50%
............................ 51-55%  70%
............................ 56%+     90%

Red, negative and  48-50%  20% (raw approval or favorability)
..........................  44-47%  30%
..........................  40-43%  50%
..........................  35-39%  70%
.......................under  35%  90%

White - tie.

Now for the theme of disapproval as shown in the Gallup data and subsequent polls:

navy under 40
blue 40-43
light blue 44-47
white 48 or 49
pink 50-54
red 55-59
maroon 60 or higher

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1032 on: August 03, 2017, 01:25:15 PM »

Gallup, August 2

Approve 36% (nc)
Disapprove 58% (-2)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1033 on: August 03, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »

I had to delete the NH thread because the usual suspects were derailing it with their trolling, but as you may know Trump called NH a "drug-infested den" in a telephone conversation with the Mexican president.

So don't be surprised if his disapproval goes up even more in the state, if that's even possible. Hopefully this helps Democrats take back the state for good in 2018.

Aww, you should have just locked it Sad. I was planning on skimming that thread.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1034 on: August 03, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »

I had to delete the NH thread because the usual suspects were derailing it with their trolling, but as you may know Trump called NH a "drug-infested den" in a telephone conversation with the Mexican president.

So don't be surprised if his disapproval goes up even more in the state, if that's even possible. Hopefully this helps Democrats take back the state for good in 2018.

The last poll of New Hampshire had a 60% disapproval rating for the President.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1035 on: August 03, 2017, 08:01:42 PM »

Aww, you should have just locked it Sad. I was planning on skimming that thread.

It was mostly Beet concern trolling about how Trump acting like an idiot gains him voters.

Again? Roll Eyes
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1036 on: August 03, 2017, 08:57:14 PM »

It was mostly Beet concern trolling about how Trump acting like an idiot gains him voters.

Again? Roll Eyes

He essentially said "we're {Democrats} going to lose MT Treasurer's vote over this, and I would rather have him than the people who are outraged by this." Or something like that. And he was dead serious about that statement. As if Mt Treasurer would ever vote Democratic in the first place. Or that this behavior from Trump actually gains him voters he otherwise wouldn't have 🙄

My comments were way wittier than that, doofus. This testimony is slander.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1037 on: August 03, 2017, 09:16:23 PM »

You said you didn't care that 50,000 more feminists are mad in New York/San Francisco/Manchester because they don't matter.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1038 on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »

You said you didn't care that 50,000 more feminists are mad in New York/San Francisco/Manchester because they don't matter.

Thank you.

And for whoever reported it: Others are allowed to talk about me in a derogatory manner but I can't respond? If my post is deleted, please delete the other non-substantive posts.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1039 on: August 03, 2017, 09:20:54 PM »

Get back on topic please.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1040 on: August 04, 2017, 01:22:44 AM »

You geniuses let Krazen and MAGA2020 endlessly troll, the former after bei,g let back after a year because " he'd change", let Stormfront lite posts flourish, and THIS is where you draw the line?

Develop some perspective
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1041 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:41 AM »

How stupid are the people of Iowa didn't hurt him.

Anyway, loving Trumps terrible numbers in PA and MI. Now we just need to get IA and OH to the same realization.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1042 on: August 04, 2017, 07:16:35 AM »

Yeah. That wiped out a good post I made. Sad
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1043 on: August 04, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »

You geniuses let Krazen and MAGA2020 endlessly troll, the former after bei,g let back after a year because " he'd change", let Stormfront lite posts flourish, and THIS is where you draw the line?

Develop some perspective
Get over yourself.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1044 on: August 04, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »

Develop some perspective
Get over yourself.

Badger, with all due respect, you're getting too much of a single-issue regarding Krazen. And I'm saying this as somebody who wouldn't mind banning him altogether.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1045 on: August 04, 2017, 12:29:17 PM »

Gallup (August 3rd)

Approve 36% (-/-)
Disapprove 58% (-/-)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1046 on: August 04, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »

Gallup (August 3rd)

Approve 36% (-/-)
Disapprove 58% (-/-)
I want him under 35 Cry
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1047 on: August 04, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »

I actually don't. I want him to be in office during the midterms, and if he's removed too quickly, the GOP could plausibly say "we had no idea this lunatic was going to be this bad" and there's a non-negligible chance that voters forget all about it by the time of the next election. The GOP needs to reap what it sowed with Trump.

On the contrary, I think impeachment/removal from office could destroy the GOP's majorities for the next 2 or so cycles. No one is going to forget that, and they will all know the GOP participated in removing Trump from office, which fits nicely with Donald's talk about "the swamp" and "the elites." Indies would rush to Democrats and tons of Trump-supporting Republicans would defect or stay home, as I doubt they will be quick to forgive their own party for such backstabbing. Plus, you have to consider how long it would take to boot him out. Even if they started quickly, he could still be in office as late as the end of the year.

And of course, imagine what Trump would be doing when he's out of office Tongue? He'll haunt the Republican Party for years.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1048 on: August 04, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »

That's actually a great point. Ford almost winning in 1876 is what gave me pause, but then again, Ford was a lot more likeable and popular on a personal level than Pence ever is/was.

Yeah, that was wild how Rutherford B. Hayes won against Samuel J. Ford.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1049 on: August 04, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »

That's actually a great point. Ford almost winning in 1876 is what gave me pause, but then again, Ford was a lot more likeable and popular on a personal level than Pence ever is/was.

Yeah, that was wild how Rutherford B. Hayes won against Samuel J. Ford.

Lol FIFY. Though Hayes was a fluke too.
In the same way that Sergei Mavrodi was a fluke.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies