If Trump were to be impeached
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:29:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Trump were to be impeached
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Trump were to be impeached  (Read 599 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:48 AM »

Then Pence, who would probably be much more popular than Trump, will become president. Wouldn't that mean less of a chance of a Democrat wave next year?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »

I actually think it will increase the chances of a democratic wave. Pence is inevitably going to become Ford 2.0.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »

I actually think it will increase the chances of a democratic wave. Pence is inevitably going to become Ford 2.0.

Even more doomed. Ford was more of a centrist; while Pence's staunch conservative views are out-of-touch with many Americans.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:13 AM »

Pence is a social conservative with the charisma of potato. I'm not particularly worried about him as an opponent. Nor am I worried about his appeal to the working class Trump voters. It should be very limited. But he would by default be a MUCH better president than Trump and I wouldn't feel as if WWIII could happen any second with him in charge.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:52 AM »

Even more doomed. Ford was more of a centrist; while Pence's staunch conservative views are out-of-touch with many Americans.
Pence's views are pretty typical in middle America. Actually, he's pretty mainstream in coastal America too.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

Stop thinking about the political implications these things will have on future elections and start thinking about the problems we face as a country right now, the health of our Democracy, and where we stand in the world at this moment.

Donald Trump is absolutely unfit for the job of POTUS and is damaging this country in unprecedented ways. If he is in fact obstructing justice, congress needs to act and start impeachment proceedings immediately.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

Stop thinking about the political implications these things will have on future elections and start thinking about the problems we face as a country right now, the health of our Democracy, and where we stand in the world at this moment.

Donald Trump is absolutely unfit for the job of POTUS and is damaging this country in unprecedented ways. If he is in fact obstructing justice, congress needs to act and start impeachment proceedings immediately.

#Atlas- if it exists, it can be politicized.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

False. We have to consider whether or not Pence, or whoever the incoming president is, is worse for America and the world than Trump.

I would strongly support impeaching both and installing Pelosi as president in 2019, and I would also support any compromise that involves a new election in 2018, but I'm not convinced that Pence isn't just as bad as Trump except competent.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:10 AM »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

False. We have to consider whether or not Pence, or whoever the incoming president is, is worse for America and the world than Trump.

I would strongly support impeaching both and installing Pelosi as president in 2019, and I would also support any compromise that involves a new election in 2018, but I'm not convinced that Pence isn't just as bad as Trump except competent.
EnglishPete

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 10:15:54 AM »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

Get real. Impeachments of Presidents, whether its in the US or elsewhere, have very little to do with truth or justice and plenty to do with politics.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2017, 10:30:09 AM by Confused Democrat »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

If the President obstructed Justice, he should be impeached. It's that simple.

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

Get real. Impeachments of Presidents, whether its in the US or elsewhere, have very little to do with truth or justice and plenty to do with politics.

God bless America. I wonder why Americans are so disengaged from politics.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 10:38:48 AM »

STOP POLITICIZING THIS!

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »

Pence is going to remind us of the sorts of politicians that one sees in V for Vendetta.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies