The Second National Right to Life League Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:28:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Second National Right to Life League Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Second National Right to Life League Convention  (Read 1386 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2005, 02:39:33 PM »

Once again from  our headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah, I open the Right to Life Leage National Convention. As Chairman I am presiding over this raucus bunch!

We are smply going to vote for who we are going to endorse in the Senatorial and Gubernatorial races coming up in August. So if you are a candidate and want are endorsement, or you are a regular citizen and just want to make a point, just say some words on your behalf. The floor is always open.

I will now open a thread to vote for our endrosements. This will go from the second I post it, today Friday, July 5th until Tuesday, July 9th. If you are a emmber of our league, feel free to vote.

If you wuld like to join the RTL League, just say so  here.

[Bangs gavel, waves, and smiles! Wink )

I always love doing this [bangs gavel!].
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »

do you have a list of all the people who join this.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 05:14:38 PM »

Chairman: PBrunsel
Vice Chairman: Ebowed

Members:
Jake
patrick1
MasterJedi
KeystonePhil
MHS2002
SamSpade
Cosmo Kramer
DanielX
Ian
BrandonH
9iron
FuturePrez
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 05:26:10 PM »

In order to ensure that members of the Right to Life League know where I stand before they vote to endorse me, I am pro-choice.  Even so, do vote for me Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 05:28:38 PM »

Where do you stand on euthanasia and the death penalty, though?
Defarge

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 05:36:39 PM »

I am in favor of limited euthenasia with standards a bit stricter than those in place in Oregon.  I am in full support of the death penalty.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 05:40:30 PM »

I am in favor of limited euthenasia with standards a bit stricter than those in place in Oregon.  I am in full support of the death penalty.

Very nice. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 05:43:28 PM »

i would also like to call for the endorsement of the RLL more based on my attitude rather than political views. i know that wont get far, so heres where i stand:

Euthenasia: support the victims right to life and therefore thier right to end it

Abortion: Only up to the second trimester. i find third trimester abortion to morally wrong.

Death Penalty: as my #1 social issue, i STRONGLY OPPOSE the death penalty.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »

I am in favor of limited euthenasia with standards a bit stricter than those in place in Oregon. I am in full support of the death penalty.
Wow, you don't agree with us on anything.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »

As a strong anti-abortion advocate, I'd like to join the League and humbly seek your endorsement.

(And PB, what about that '96 scenario? lol)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 05:50:15 PM »

i would also like to call for the endorsement of the RLL more based on my attitude rather than political views. i know that wont get far, so heres where i stand:

Euthenasia: support the victims right to life and therefore thier right to end it

Abortion: Only up to the second trimester. i find third trimester abortion to morally wrong.

Death Penalty: as my #1 social issue, i STRONGLY OPPOSE the death penalty.

While a member of the RLL is in your race and more in line with the opinions of the RLL. I ask all members of the RLL to endorse Keystone Phil (with no offense to LiberalPA).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 06:11:43 PM »

Abortion - Strongly opposed to the practice and would like to see it illegal except in the cases of rape or if the life of the mother is at risk.

Death penalty - Support

Euthanasia - Opposed

Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 06:13:16 PM »

Cool  I did join this, I wasn't sure.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 06:15:17 PM »

I'm staunchly pro-death, so make sure to endorse NOTA in my race. Wink
Defarge

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 07:14:59 PM »

I am in favor of limited euthenasia with standards a bit stricter than those in place in Oregon. I am in full support of the death penalty.
Wow, you don't agree with us on anything.
Which is precisely why I felt compelled to make my views known Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 07:15:31 PM »

Oh well.  I voted to endorse you because I'm confident that you are more pro life than NOTA.  Cheesy
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 07:16:29 PM »

Oh well.  I voted to endorse you because I'm confident that you are more pro life than NOTA.  Cheesy
Mr. NOTA is actually neither, that is why he gets so many cross-over votes.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 07:18:24 PM »

No, NOTA just doesn't care.  He has no preference either way if the government executes criminals, allows abortions, and funds embryonic stem cell research.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »

My stances on the RLL issues:

Abortion: Oppose in all cases

Euthanasia: Oppose in all cases

Death Penalty: Support for the most heinous of crimes
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 07:35:44 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2005, 07:38:44 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

If you want my actual stances...

Abortion: Support in the first trimester.  Oppose in all other cases.

Euthenasia: Support, but only if all of the following are true: the patient is terminally ill (i.e., it's completely positive that he or she will die of the condition), the patient is unable to commit suicide on his or her own, and the patient signs a statement with at least one witness present that affirms his or her wish to die (or has one of the witnesses sign the statement on his or her behalf, in the case that he or she is unable to sign something... or something along those lines; I haven't worked out the intricate details for what to do if the patient can't sign something).

Death Penalty: Support in extreme cases, but I feel that a higher standard of proof (something along the lines of "beyond a shadow of a doubt") should be required for the use of the death penalty, given how impossible it is to do anything if it's later found that the person was innocent.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 11:49:25 PM »

Death Penalty:
I believe that the Death Penalty is used far to often. While I can not say that I oppose all instances of the death penalty, its use should be limited to the most severe of circumstances. One idea I have that would reduce death penalty cases would be to remove it as a possible option in cases where the suspect has a public defender for an attorney. A good lawyer makes the difference between a death sentence and an aquittal (O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake).

Euthanasia:
I fully oppose euthanasia in all circumstance.

Abortion:
Proponents of abortion claim that pro-life people have no concern for the health and safety of women. I care about the health and safety of women as well as that of unborn children. And abortions are not healthy or safe. These proponents also say that pro-lifers want to roll back the clock and that we need to look towards the future. But they are the ones who are looking at the past. With yesterday's technology, perhaps there was doubt as to whether or not the unborn child is a person or a bunch of cells. But with today's technology, the proof of personhood of the unborn child is undeniable.

I thank the Right to Life League for its time and hope to receive its endorsement for the Office of Southeastern Lieutenant Governor.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 12:19:39 AM »

While I suspect that I will not win the favor of the Right to Life League, I would like to take a moment to provide for you all my beliefs on the issues you feel strongly about so that voting members may make an informed choice in the race in which BrandonH and I am running.

I believe that capital punishment should be an option for judges and juries in cases of first-degree murder and espionage.  However, I also support life in prison without possibility of parole as a sentencing option in all such cases.  Strict standards must be maintained regarding the application of capital punishment, however, so that persons innocent of the crime at hand are not subjected to the possibility of wrongful death at the hands of their government.

Regarding abortion, I believe that no compassionate individual would advocate abortion.  When voting on government regulation of abortion, I suppose I can be considered pro-choice, but that does not mean pro-abortion.  I believe that a woman considering having an abortion, having done the soul-searching to arrive at her decision, would know better than a career politician in Nyman or a regional capital whether that decision is right.

But I also believe that it is terribly unfortunate that any situation existed in which a woman came to the conclusion that an abortion would be her best option, and I feel a tremendous sympathy for the loss of a life that could have been.  Therefore, I am a staunch proponent of adoption, by any person capable of providing a loving home to a child, and I believe that encouraging a woman considering abortion to instead opt for adoption can be an appropriate component of government policy regarding reproductive issues.  I furthermore believe that the financial burden placed upon a pregnant woman forced by a government to carry her pregnancy to term is unjust, and thus I also would support government-sponsored reimbursement for expenditures related to the pregnancy for any mother who decides while still pregnant to place her baby up for adoption rather than have an abortion.  As the law currently stands, it is financially more advantageous to a pregnant mother to have an abortion rather than give birth, which I believe contributes to unnecessary loss of life.  This policy would serve to take any financial considerations out of a mother's decision regarding her child.

Thank you for listening to what I have had to say.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2005, 01:49:51 AM »

Abortion: Is never moral and should never be legal, exempting only those cases where the life of the mother is at stake.

Death Penalty: I waffle on this issue.  I support in cases of treason and terroism, but I am not sure about civilian crimes, and certainly am not happy with the current implementation of the death penalty, which smells of racism.

Euthanasia: Support in cases ONLY where the patient is terminally ill -or- in an irreversible state of incapacitation, and then only where there is verifable consent.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 02:57:40 AM »

Thought this might be relevant.

Other.

What is there to 'forgive'?
FINALLY! thank you Opebo. i was afraid i was the only one out there with that opinion.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2005, 01:20:05 PM »

Thought this might be relevant.

Other.

What is there to 'forgive'?
FINALLY! thank you Opebo. i was afraid i was the only one out there with that opinion.
i stand by this comment 100%
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies