Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:38:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21970 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2017, 04:08:50 PM »
« edited: May 15, 2017, 04:15:12 PM by Gass3268 »

Washington Post: For the Love of God

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »

Impeach this treasonous man child already.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »

Holy sh*t
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:12:28 PM »

Are you tired of the winning yet?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 04:12:42 PM »

Wasn't one of the conspiracy theories surrounding the JFK assassination that the CIA or FBI did it because soviet prostitutes were extracting information from him?

Anyways, impeach Trump please. Mike Pence needs to set Russia straight.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:12 PM »

I mean we already knew he was a traitor, so I'm not surprised.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »

For the love of all that is good this man needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 04:19:15 PM »

Hold on.

I read the article; how do we know for a certain fact that he did leak intelligence he wasn't supposed to? All it says that he leaked code word information to the Russians we haven't shared with our allies and it pertains to an anti-ISIS mission. While I'm pretty sure the God-Emperor PROBABLY did this, it could be easily a disgruntled leaker in the intel community (who he ticked off by being insulting towards during the Russian investigation in which they correctly concluded Russia interfered in our elections).

Not saying I don't believe it ... I just want corroboration before taking this story as more of a "take down" leak story.  The details are sparse and is the Washington Post really able to assess that level of intelligence to determine if the source is accurate in characterizing the leaked information? Someone could have told the Post x and y and then concluded Z and the Post ran with it trusting the source. Not that I don't trust the Post; I do ... but I strain credulity to think that someone wasn't in the room with him to tell him to STFU when he was talking like this.

(Regardless, it was a stupid move to let the Russians into the Oval Office with a photographer who probably bugged the place).
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 04:19:24 PM »

But her emails
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »

This ties into my view of Trump since he became the nominee - he is just too stupid and reckless to perform the duties of the presidency in the ways the country needs. He has no desire to learn anything, he has a huge ego which makes him reckless, a lack of inhibitions, and a tendency to just ramble on about things he shouldn't be talking about.

While the Constitution has pretty basic requirements for the presidency, there are more nuanced qualities that are absolutely necessary, and somehow we got stuck with someone who basically has none of them.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »

"Russia is a strong conservative Christian ally against RADICAL ISLAM so this is actually a good thing!

Checkmate, Lie-burals! *smugface*
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

Hold on.

I read the article; how do we know for a certain fact that he did leak intelligence he wasn't supposed to? All it says that he leaked code word information to the Russians we haven't shared with our allies and it pertains to an anti-ISIS mission. While I'm pretty sure the God-Emperor PROBABLY did this, it could be easily a disgruntled leaker in the intel community (who he ticked off by being insulting towards during the Russian investigation in which they correctly concluded Russia interfered in our elections).

Not saying I don't believe it ... I just want corroboration before taking this story as more of a "take down" leak story.  The details are sparse and is the Washington Post really able to assess that level of intelligence to determine if the source is accurate in characterizing the leaked information? Someone could have told the Post x and y and then concluded Z and the Post ran with it trusting the source. Not that I don't trust the Post; I do ... but I strain credulity to think that someone wasn't in the room with him to tell him to STFU when he was talking like this.

(Regardless, it was a stupid move to let the Russians into the Oval Office with a photographer who probably bugged the place).
It was a rather private meeting, there weren't members of his nat'l security team present.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »

Putin's masterplan was to get highly classified information about... ISIS!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

Let me go through the article and make some sort of judgment.

OK, current and former officials. I'll explain why I'm concerned with that language.

OK so why are former intelligence officials commenting on this given the nature of the information? Wouldn't it be solely current officials? If this is so highly sensitive and closely held, why are former intel officials (presumably Bush and Obama officials) given the ability to know this and comment on it? Wouldn't it just be current Trump officials?

Here, we have this:

Again - how does he know?

Guys, I don't want to jump into the bushes and condemn Trump on this without more information.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 04:27:27 PM »

Secondly, while very dubious, how do we know the White House didn't intentionally share the information to fight ISIS? Trump has said on the campaign trail he wants to share information with Russia to fight ISIS. While I think that's very stupid, isn't this necessarily plausible that the National Security Council discussed and signed off?

I'm just saying, I want to see more before we all say "Trump's a moron" (Well he is) for the 1000th time. Maybe I'm just burned by Mensch and all the Russian stuff and trying to dig through all the articles.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »

B....bu......but her emails!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »

WHAT  A  F*****G  IDIOT !
Not only is he incompetent and stupid with all matters pertaining to running this nation, but it makes you wonder if and how, he really is "connected" to the Russians.
UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE !
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »

Secondly, while very dubious, how do we know the White House didn't intentionally share the information to fight ISIS? Trump has said on the campaign trail he wants to share information with Russia to fight ISIS. While I think that's very stupid, isn't this necessarily plausible that the National Security Council discussed and signed off?

But the problem is, Trump's behavior has been so reckless and idiotic that it actually seems more plausible that he just shared it out of sheer stupidity or maybe even some ridiculous urge to impress. He's a very superficial man, and his behavioral weaknesses are well-known.

I don't think he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but maybe that's just me.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »

I'm just saying, I want to see more before we all say "Trump's a moron" (Well he is) for the 1000th time. Maybe I'm just burned by Mensch and all the Russian stuff and trying to dig through all the articles.
This is the Washington Post, not Louise Mensch. We're not talking about poorly photo copied fakes here. This story got thoroughly vetted and reviewed, to be sure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »

It's always good to ask questions. Maybe Trump committed some horrible offense by doing this, but an article and a chorus don't prove that. Playing Devil's Advocate and probing at weak points in the argument is important.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »

Well, he is an idiot.....so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Anyway, **** Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. They could put an end to this nonsense.....but tax and safety net cuts are more important.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »

Trump is fulling his campaign promises.

1) Cooperate with Russia (ISIS)
2) Shake up the way USA:s diplomacy works.

I think it was intentionally, but I agree that there is (to put it mildly) nonzero probability that Trump did because of impulse, arrogance & not caring.
But we'll probably know it soon.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 04:47:38 PM »

When John Podhoretz starts throwing the "I-word" around...

(To his credit, Pods has been very critical of Trump's failings rather than being a toady like the boys at the Federalist)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies