Republicans united with Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans united with Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans united with Trump  (Read 978 times)
jman123
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:25:10 AM »

Are congressional and Senate Republicans loyal to Trump? That is are they dead set against impeachment?or would some Republicans vote for impeachment?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »

They'll all be 100% loyal until evidence turns up (like it's starting to) that Trump did illegal things, then they'll all ditch him. He's not their guy, Pence is.
jman123
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »

They'll all be 100% loyal until evidence turns up (like it's starting to) that Trump did illegal things, then they'll all ditch him. He's not their guy, Pence is.
Would they ditch him if clear evidence of collusion and malfeasance were to appear with Russia?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »

The thing I don't understand is why they're so loyal.

He's driving their party brand into the toilet, and it's not like they're sending him any legislation they've really wanted. His incompetence and egotism are actually getting in the way of doing anything they want. And he's a walking, talking example of what complete hypocrites they all are.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »

He's driving their party brand into the toilet, and it's not like they're sending him any legislation they've really wanted. His incompetence and egotism are actually getting in the way of doing anything they want. And he's a walking, talking example of what complete hypocrites they all are.

Tax cuts.

If Trump goes any chance of cutting taxes goes with him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »

I have lost so much faith in the party I once voted with; they're all bending over backwards for Trump, even though he blatantly stands against everything they once claimed to stand for. When this is all over, they're going to be out of jobs in many cases.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »

I have lost so much faith in the party I once voted with; they're all bending over backwards for Trump, even though he blatantly stands against everything they once claimed to stand for. When this is all over, they're going to be out of jobs in many cases.

They're literally all geriatrics, so....*shrug*
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 02:09:24 PM »

There isn't a person on the face of the earth who can escape the consequences of their actions.

If Republicans insist on remaining loyal to a guy like Trump, they will reap the rewards of their behavior down the road.

When people turn off their thinking caps and turn on the robotic behavior....well, "I pity the fool!"

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 02:11:49 PM »

What a pricks, they listen to their voters (who are united behind Trump)! How could they!

Wake up! Trump is more popular among Rep. voters than Bill Clinton was among Dem. voters.

GOP are going to be loyal to Trump as long as Rep-voters are (and as long as Trump is not doing anything illegal).
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »

What a pricks, they listen to their voters (who are united behind Trump)! How could they!

Wake up! Trump is more popular among Rep. voters than Bill Clinton was among Dem. voters.

GOP are going to be loyal to Trump as long as Rep-voters are (and as long as Trump is not doing anything illegal).

If you do some research on Trump's voting base, you will find his support is eroding.

Trump is not popular in any sense of the word.

And about Trump doing anything illegal, you can research that as well.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 02:23:32 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 02:28:11 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

If you do some research on Trump's voting base, you will find his support is eroding.
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/trump-job-approval
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/donald-trump-favorable-rating

It seems pretty stable to me.
41 +-1 for Job Approval and
43 +-1 for Favorability

And... He is about 6-8% up since the election (Favorability).

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 02:56:25 PM »

...  Several pollsters ask about Presidential approval on a regular basis.  They generally shown Trump underwater by 10 points or so; see the RealClearPolitics average at

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »

No way!

Trump won the election. You know who didn't win? Whining snowflakes.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »

I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but I legitimately think a lot of Trump supporters think it's either:

Support Trump...
...or the brown people take over.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 03:33:10 PM by Santander »

There are no ideas, principles, intellectual arguments, or even fresh new policy proposals in the new Republican Party today. It's just: ''Let's trigger libs'.'
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/andrew-sullivan-the-white-house-mole.html

Excerpt:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The problem is not limited to the education system, although that is where it is most serious.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »

I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but I legitimately think a lot of Trump supporters think it's either:

Support Trump...
...or the brown people take over.

This is an interesting theory. The 2 brown people got more votes combined in the early stages of the Republican primary than Trump did...and I'm pretty sure Trumps opponent in the general was white. Unless maybe she identifies some other way.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »

There are no ideas, principles, intellectual arguments, or even fresh new policy proposals in the new Republican Party today. It's just: ''Let's trigger libs'.'
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/andrew-sullivan-the-white-house-mole.html

Excerpt:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The problem is not limited to the education system, although that is where it is most serious.

Are you agreeing with the premise of the "just trolling" argument, then?

FWIW I personally think that's the animating factor rather than "oogily boogly brown people!!1!" for many Trumpers
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »

Are you agreeing with the premise of the "just trolling" argument, then?

FWIW I personally think that's the animating factor rather than "oogily boogly brown people!!1!" for many Trumpers
I am conceding that some of the conservative agenda is driven by opposition to the left rather than the ideological principles that first lead most people to conservatism. It's not limited to Trumpists, it exists with more Reaganite conservatives, too.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »

Tax cuts.

I get it, but I also don't get their logic. The gigantic Trump distraction, especially combined with his administration's obvious incompetence and lack of preparation is definitely delaying tax legislation, and a Pence WH would be quick on the trigger to get tax cuts done. If they let the delays and incompetence go on for too long, they risk losing their majority before they can pass tax cuts (or anything else).
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Tax cuts.

I get it, but I also don't get their logic. The gigantic Trump distraction, especially combined with his administration's obvious incompetence and lack of preparation is definitely delaying tax legislation, and a Pence WH would be quick on the trigger to get tax cuts done. If they let the delays and incompetence go on for too long, they risk losing their majority before they can pass tax cuts (or anything else).

Removing a President is a long process and would likely take up the majority of 2017 and 2018 and there is a good chance the GOP might not control the house after the mid-terms.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies