BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:32:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 41001 times)
I Won - Get Over It
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: May 12, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »

The full, 13-minutes interview with Trump by NBC
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/pres-trump-s-extended-exclusive-interview-with-lester-holt-at-the-white-house-941854787582

Trump claims that Comey told him three times that he was not under any investigation. And Trump was very specific.

Once at dinner.
Once when Comey called him.
Once when he called Comey.

What will happen if Comey denies it? Will he and Trump testify?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #676 on: May 12, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »

The full, 13-minutes interview with Trump by NBC
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/pres-trump-s-extended-exclusive-interview-with-lester-holt-at-the-white-house-941854787582

Trump claims that Comey told him three times that he was not under any investigation. And Trump was very specific.

Once at dinner.
Once when Comey called him.
Once when he called Comey.

What will happen if Comey denies it? Will he and Trump testify?

Comey and the FBI have already denied that they ever said that to Trump.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #677 on: May 12, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »

Trump's going on a Twitter rampage again, guys!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 24m24 minutes ago 
...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago 
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #678 on: May 12, 2017, 07:36:59 AM »

...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Oh geez Donald....just shut up already.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #679 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »

Oh yeah, this is getting big.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #680 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:20 AM »

Comey and the FBI have already denied that they ever said that to Trump.
Have they?  I've heard only 'I’m not aware of' comments.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #681 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:02 AM »

LOL
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #682 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:39 AM »

Oh geez Donald....just shut up already.

Donnie you're out of your element.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #683 on: May 12, 2017, 07:51:11 AM »

Donald still hasn't figured out that White House press briefings are a service the press provides to the President, not vice versa. He wouldn't last 2 days with only the leakers and Democrats providing sound bites to the media.
EnglishPete

« Reply #684 on: May 12, 2017, 08:12:21 AM »

Comey is a strong patriot who is well aware of the classified material around Trump relating to his businesses and his Russian ties. I would imagine Comey will not let that die down easily. Neither will his allies in the FBI who feel he was pushed out.

Yepp. So it (as I said initially) is a really good news. Trump's acting resulted in the 'Russia ties' will get even more scrutiny!

The way Trump fired Comey is also very interesting. It was really awful, almost as Trump wanted Comey to react/start to leak. I hope we'll get soon much more new information (if there is something Wink)

And now Trump is dropping a massive hint that there are "tapes" of the conversations with Comey. I suspect that Trump has been leading his oh so predicable opponents into a massive elephant trap.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #685 on: May 12, 2017, 08:13:22 AM »

Comey is a strong patriot who is well aware of the classified material around Trump relating to his businesses and his Russian ties. I would imagine Comey will not let that die down easily. Neither will his allies in the FBI who feel he was pushed out.

Yepp. So it (as I said initially) is a really good news. Trump's acting resulted in the 'Russia ties' will get even more scrutiny!

The way Trump fired Comey is also very interesting. It was really awful, almost as Trump wanted Comey to react/start to leak. I hope we'll get soon much more new information (if there is something Wink)

And now Trump is dropping a massive hint that there are "tapes" of the conversations with Comey. I suspect that Trump has been leading his oh so predicable opponents into a massive elephant trap.
Just like he has that letter from the NFL
EnglishPete

« Reply #686 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »

Just a little reminder of who we're talking about here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnMsUaT6e8k
EnglishPete

« Reply #687 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:24 AM »

Donald Trump himself has said that he hopes the Russia/Election campaign continues and indeed is expanded. All those opponents of his jumping up and demanding this investigation should continue and be expanded should be careful what they wish for. It might end up somewhere they don't expect.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #688 on: May 12, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »

LOL, there are tapes in the WH again? Is this Watergate 2.0 ?

Make smoking guns great again!
EnglishPete

« Reply #689 on: May 12, 2017, 08:31:39 AM »

Some interesting timing to consider

From the list of Directors of the United States Secret Service

24   Joseph Clancy   October 1, 2014   March 4, 2017
Acting   William J. Callahan   March 4, 2017   April 24, 2017
25   Randolph Alles   April 25, 2017   Incumbent

From Trump's twitter account

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
 More
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
3:35 am - 4 Mar 2017

Just a massive co-incidence I'm sure. Trump knows nothing. He can't possibly have been leading Comey as well as his political opponents into a massive elephant trap. Trump is just an idiot.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #690 on: May 12, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »

Uhhh Kucinich just said Comey should have recused himself from the Russia case because he already implicated himself by helping to decide the 2016 election. What?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #691 on: May 12, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2017, 09:11:59 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

If there are any elephant traps here, Trump is standing at the bottom with his mouth open.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #692 on: May 12, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »

Donald Trump himself has said that he hopes the Russia/Election campaign continues and indeed is expanded. All those opponents of his jumping up and demanding this investigation should continue and be expanded should be careful what they wish for. It might end up somewhere they don't expect.

How's your office block in St. Petersburg this time of year? I've heard Russian summers are lovely
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #693 on: May 12, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »

LOL, so Trump called and bragged about himself, "taped" it and after 25 leaked it to the media?

As creepy as it is, I really can see Trump calling Comey, bragging about his win, asking Comey about the investigation... and recording it on a tape...

Well, I'd be afraid if I was Comey...
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #694 on: May 12, 2017, 09:08:31 AM »

LOL, so Trump called and bragged about himself, "taped" it and after 25 leaked it to the media?

As creepy as it is, I really can see Trump calling Comey, bragging about his win, asking Comey about the investigation... and recording it on a tape...

Why?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #695 on: May 12, 2017, 09:09:25 AM »

once again i am impressed how much more reasonable english pete sounds compared to the actual WH releases.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #696 on: May 12, 2017, 09:12:35 AM »

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #697 on: May 12, 2017, 09:34:56 AM »

Nixon said the same thing about Watergate.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #698 on: May 12, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »

Uhhh Kucinich just said Comey should have recused himself from the Russia case because he already implicated himself by helping to decide the 2016 election. What?

This is slightly less insane than Kucinich usually is
EnglishPete

« Reply #699 on: May 12, 2017, 10:23:58 AM »

Why?
Because he could be in significant legal trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies