BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:11:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 40988 times)
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »

Schumer is to hold a press conference on this per Politico.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:08:31 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

A ton of FBI and IC people will leak like sieves if there's a there there and Trump tries to shut it down, frankly. Still on the fence about the merits of Comey himself, who really should have been gone a while ago

Totally agree. And it is so obvious we'll get a lot of leaking. Everyone understands it (including Trump, of course).

But then we assume that there is something to leak.

The problem is that it seems that the only clue they've got is Flynn. And 99% about him is already leaked. Now we just reiterate 'Flynn is so incompetent and Trump knew it'.

Anyone else, wondering why they've stopped leaking? Roll Eyes
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2017, 06:10:30 PM »

Calm down people, Stop the insults or I will lock the thread.

Why lock the thread instead of punishing the posters insulting people?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
JJC

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »

Quick question for Trump supporters. Do you guys support having a special prosecutor lead the investigation?

I mean if Trump is clean then what does he have to hide?

Yes. Dems can go ahead and keep 'investigating' this politically created accusation til the end of time. I don't care.

I'm not a stupid person. I know BS when I see it. If dems want to waste their time steeped in their own hatred, pushing their concocted hit narrative instead of trying to actually rebuild their broken party, then so be it. You people are willing tools and that's just sad. Your hatred is so great that you are blinded from the simple truth.

And that's that the American people so thoroughly rejected your party ideas (segregation/identity politics) that the dems are now at their lowest elective force in a century. I know it may not seem that way to you, given the kind of media you consume. But it's the truth. The dems are a broken party who are now exclusively driven by the idea that their political opposition is nefarious and evil.

But you just keep searching for the 'evidence' that you haven't found yet. Just know that the people who are pushing this narrative don't love you like you love them. You are just their willing tool.

In short, you guys are 'bubble-lized'. You have no understanding of the world outside of the media talking heads. You're brainwashed.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2017, 06:14:24 PM »

Just to be clear Trump is saying that he is now in the month of May firing Comey over how he handled Hillary's emails back in July of last year.........that is so freakin' lazy the public should feel insulted
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2017, 06:15:35 PM »

The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:57 PM »

Quick question for Trump supporters. Do you guys support having a special prosecutor lead the investigation?

Yes. Dems can go ahead and keep 'investigating' this politically created accusation til the end of time. I don't care.

I'm not a stupid person. I know BS when I see it. If dems want to waste their time steeped in their own hatred, pushing their concocted hit narrative instead of trying to actually rebuild their broken party, then so be it. You people are willing tools and that's just sad. Your hatred is so great that you are blinded from the simple truth.

And that's that the American people so thoroughly rejected your party ideas (segregation/identity politics) that the dems are now at their lowest elective force in a century. I know it may not seem that way to you, given the kind of media you consume. But it's the truth. The dems are a broken party who are now exclusively driven by the idea that their political opposition is nefarious and evil.

But you just keep searching for the 'evidence' that you haven't found yet. Just know that the people who are pushing this narrative don't love you like you love them. You are just their willing tool.

In short, you guys are 'bubble-lized'. You have no understanding of the world outside of the media talking heads. You're brainwashed.

Engage me. Why do you think the Russian allegations are false?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

I did.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2017, 06:19:14 PM »

The 'Maverick' chimes in:

However:

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/862083263845871616
EnglishPete

« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.
JJC

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »

Because there is no evidence of it.

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »

Looks like they're trying to stop the investigation:

The Senate can't keeping ignoring this.

Get a special prosecutor.
You overestimate the senate.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:38 PM »

THATS WHY YOU HAVE INVESTIGATIONS
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:41 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.

Okay got you down for “No Russian allegations are credible,” so moving on.
JJC

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:48 PM »

Pure hypocrisy.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2017, 06:23:04 PM »

Looks like they're trying to stop the investigation:

The Senate can't keeping ignoring this.

Get a special prosecutor.
You overestimate the senate.

I know, you can't really on them to do anything.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2017, 06:24:07 PM »

I did.

Whoops, sorry then!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »

A couple thoughts.

First, this isn't "out of the blue". It's being reported that Comey lied to Congress when he testified about the basis for his pre-election attack on Clinton.

Second, Comey absolutely deserved to be fired. He should have been fired by Obama when he decided to make the unprecedented move to intervene in the election. (Pick whichever time you want.) He should have been fired by Trump as part of his zealous housecleaning. That he wasn't fired back in January, and there wasn't a time set for his departure was horrible optics. Of course, the reason he probably hasn't been fired is that firing him would *also* be horrible optics.

And speaking of horrible optics, yes, this look really, really bad. Sure, there's the perjury story. But the facts are that Trump fired the head of the FBI the day after high-profile testimony into Trump's own campaign's ties to Russia. And he did so in the most draconian and flashy way possible. And explicitly for talking about ongoing investigations. Maybe Trump really wanted to say "you're fired". Or maybe he thought this was the best chance he'd get to (deservedly) fire Comey.

It was probably impossible for this so-called President to fire the Director of the FBI without a stink, but once again Trump demonstrates that at anything but conning marks, he's awful, with all the political instincts of a megalomaniacal lemming.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »

Ok if there is no evidence but Comey was leading an investigation, surely there should be no problem with a special prosecutor right? To clear the air with the concerns raised in multiple quarters including from GOP senators?

Or is there no conflict of interest in the fact Trump is appointing a FBI director who is overseeing that investigation?
JJC

« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »

THATS WHY YOU HAVE INVESTIGATIONS

THAT'S WHY I SAID I'M OKAY WITH INVESTIGATIONS.

Also, they've been investigating for 6 months. This is a witch hunt. Everyone knows it.

Listen to Fienstien. She's old enough to remember a time when dems weren't taken over by SJWs. This Russian nonsense is only hurting you guys.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:31:34 PM by Comrade Funk »

McCain as usual will defend the man with an R next to his name.

Just you watch
JJC

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »

Pure hypocrisy.

Okay got you down for “No Russian allegations are credible,” so moving on.

No allegation is credible unless it is backed up by evidence.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2017, 06:29:22 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:34:18 PM by TD »

Oh God, EP is here. As Todd Akin would say, time to shut this whole thing down.

The point was always to demonstrate that the Right either believes the intelligence community (the deep state) and the concerns of our allies were to be dismissed as merely as part of a vast liberal conspiracy against the President or to acknowledge the firing was under extremely questionable circumstances.

EP subscribe to the belief that the deep state is against Donald Trump and that there is a vast liberal conspiracy so I'm not engaging them because their answers are clear and there's not much to go on.  Sanchez and Marty haven't answered and they think that there is a conflict of interest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies