WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:44:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 61
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 143095 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2018, 11:21:11 PM »

I think Jenkins is a strong candidate. Look at his announcement ad. And he's also attacking Manchin for taking big pharma money. He's doing a good job with the socially conservative & economically right-of-center angle.

Jenkins is a guy who knows how to do a politics or two. But again, I feel he comes off as inauthentic and plastic, which is probably the worst thing you could say about a candidate in the year of our lord 2018. If he were such a good candidate (which, this may just be a reflection of how weird, small, and far right the actual Republican electorate in a Republican primary is in West Virginia) why isn't he trouncing Patrick Morrissey and Don Blankenship?

Then again this is the very same Republican Party that has nominated John Raese for how many countless races despite knowing he'd blow it every single time.

Tbf, that's because his campaigned is geared for West Virginia democrats who voted for Donald Trump.

WV primaries are closed so Trump dems can't crossover to vote for Jenkins.

Obviously primaries don't really produce the best candidate a lot of the time. Just look at all of the crazies that the GOP has nominated instead of perfectly good candidates that would win.
warandwar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »

Really important to contextualize this race in pre-2016 history (which many do not seem able to do re: WV). The WV GOP was basically entirely bankrolled by Blankenship from ~2000 to 2010, and he's been a public figure for longer than that. There still aren't that many registered Republicans in WV, so [Trump voters] is much larger than [GOP primary voters]. A lot of those GOP primary voters are longtime supporters of Blankenship, from back in the day. They don't care enough about miner's lives or the unions to believe them and are very willing to go along w/ his whole "American Political Prisoner" schtick.

Also: anyone comparing him to Trump should take some time to hear him speak. Considering how cartoonishly vile he is, you'd think he would talk like Darryl Van Horne, but in reality he has the charisma of the CPA that he started out as...
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »

Come watch the Republican debate with me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEo_1FbllP8
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »

Is this the Fox debate with polling thresholds?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »

I'm "John Smith" in the livestream comments, pretending to be a MAGA DON BLANKENSHIP supporter lol.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2018, 06:45:46 PM »

Has this been posted yet anywhere?

Poll: Blankenship fading in West Virginia Senate primary

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/23/don-blankenship-west-virginia-senate-primary-546410

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Morrisey - 24%
Jenkins - 20%
Blankenship - 12%

Full results: https://www.gopac.org/2018/04/wvsurvey/
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2018, 06:53:50 PM »

Hmm. I wonder if maybe Morrissey’s mountain ad made an impression.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »

If Blankenship doesn't win the primary, Manchin needs to be triaged ASAP. No path to victory for him now. Elect Bredesen, Sinema, and Rosen and ignore WV while defending the big 4 - MT, ND, MO, IN.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »

If Blankenship doesn't win the primary, Manchin needs to be triaged ASAP. No path to victory for him now. Elect Bredesen, Sinema, and Rosen and ignore WV while defending the big 4 - MT, ND, MO, IN.
Manchin could lose his primary too.
(unlikely, but in a just world...)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »

Andrew is back to trolling yet again lol

Knew he would relapse
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2018, 07:46:36 PM »

Knew he would relapse
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2018, 07:51:11 PM »

Knew he would relapse

Trolling is saying "LOL Manchin is dead #redwave coming"
What I'm doing is sharing my personal opinions on what should be the DSCC strategy. I don't see any path to victory for Manchin, thus I believe the only path to retake the Senate is that seven-seat strategy I mentioned.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2018, 08:13:54 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »

Can we change the stupid title for this thread when Manchin (figuratively) disfigures and beats Swearingen to a pulp? I mean he may very well lose this cycle, but it definitely won't be in the primary against that clown.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »

Can we change the stupid title for this thread when Manchin (figuratively) disfigures and beats Swearingen to a pulp? I mean he may very well lose this cycle, but it definitely won't be in the primary against that clown.
Why do you think she is a clown?
She's a long shot, but she's an incredible woman, and is fighting the good fight.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »

She's a long shot, but she's an incredible woman, and is fighting the good fight.

Bagel wants to beat women confirmed.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2018, 02:42:04 PM by Bagel23 »

A. I explicitly stated that it was figurative, you are a shameless and blatant liar.

B. It has nothing to do with Swearingen being a women, nice try though. There are plenty of idiots that are men such as Franken before he resigned, Bill Jefferson, Anthony Weiner, John Edwards, and many more of whom I would wish the same, ALL figurative of course, as I have stated here, and in the original post.

C. Actually grow up and learn how to handle being on the losing end without acting like a distracting and lying wimp. I admit, Manchin might get beaten (do I really need to state the obvious and say figuratively here too?) this november, but I sure as heck won't be pouting, lying, distracting, and defaming opponents because of it. Utterly ridiculous.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »

Also, in a field where around 23% of officeholders are female, my main endorsements are roughly 33% female, so again, blatant lies.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2018, 03:01:35 PM »

Her policies are wrong for West Virginia, she has no good experience, her fundraising is terrible, and she hates my favorite senator. She is even beyond a long shot. I think I will have to disagree with those last two statements.

Thank you though for engaging in civil discourse and actually sticking to the politics instead of getting personal like others, it is a good thing.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2018, 03:49:49 PM »

Her policies are wrong for West Virginia, she has no good experience, her fundraising is terrible, and she hates my favorite senator. She is even beyond a long shot. I think I will have to disagree with those last two statements.

Thank you though for engaging in civil discourse and actually sticking to the politics instead of getting personal like others, it is a good thing.
She has a very, very long history of activism and is certainly one of the most well known voices in the struggle for environmental and economic justice in the state. Her fundraising is bad because she is one of the most well known voices in the struggle... She hates your "favorite senator" (really?) because she is one of the most well known voices in the struggle...
As to whether her policies are right, I'll remind you that Bernie got more votes than any other candidate, Trump included, during the primary last year...

Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »

A. I explicitly stated that it was figurative, you are a shameless and blatant liar.

B. It has nothing to do with Swearingen being a women, nice try though. There are plenty of idiots that are men such as Franken before he resigned, Bill Jefferson, Anthony Weiner, John Edwards, and many more of whom I would wish the same, ALL figurative of course, as I have stated here, and in the original post.

C. Actually grow up and learn how to handle being on the losing end without acting like a distracting and lying wimp. I admit, Manchin might get beaten (do I really need to state the obvious and say figuratively here too?) this november, but I sure as heck won't be pouting, lying, distracting, and defaming opponents because of it. Utterly ridiculous.

Bagel imagined beating women, confirmed.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »

Why are people forgetting how pro-incumbent WV is?
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2018, 05:53:00 PM »

Why are people forgetting how pro-incumbent WV is?
Because several incumbent democrats have lost in the past 4 election cycles (Yes Robert Byrd and Jay Rockefeller won reelection several times but that was when West Virginia was very much a blue state downballot). You could ask Nick Rahall how his 38 years in office helped him against Jenkins
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »

Goddamnit. Fox finds Jenkins in the lead.

I'm sorry, I really am. But we're going to need to cut Joe loose if Jenkins wins the primary.

Manchin has 35% approval in this poll of GOP primary voters. If Manchin has that approval among GOP primary voters, he is well over 50% approval statewide.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »

Bagel imagined beating women, confirmed.

A. Figuratively, not literally in any sense so cut the crap

B. Even if you were right, (which you are not, you are fake news), it is singular, not plural. I was talking about one person in that post, not multiple people. Such baloney and bird droppings coming out of their mouths...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies