WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:49:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 61
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 143029 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »
« edited: April 10, 2018, 10:58:07 AM by Bagel23 »

Morrisey misspelled West Virginia in his own TV ad, what an idiot!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »

Total idiot.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »

Bahahahahha
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2018, 10:45:42 AM »

Almost heaven, West Virgina...
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2018, 11:31:17 AM »

Oh my god I'm dying
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »

Why are ads in WV so bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vIgXVoa9bo
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »

The GOP primary base is very special.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2018, 07:22:41 PM »

Failure!
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »

Wow, that is embarrassing.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »

Jesus. Hope no one with epilepsy was watching.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: April 10, 2018, 10:42:46 PM »

Pretty decent ad besides that though, Jenkins must be stopped in the primary.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2018, 08:16:23 AM »

Politico: Republicans screwing up a primary, again
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »

Am I the only one a bit concerned about Manchin’s so-so fundraising? I know he’s got plenty of COH but I hope his heart is in the race.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »

Democrats are propping up Blankenship, lol...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/19/west-virginia-gop-senate-primary-blankenship-537827
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2018, 08:23:36 PM »

Am I the only one a bit concerned about Manchin’s so-so fundraising? I know he’s got plenty of COH but I hope his heart is in the race.

You are not alone.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2018, 08:27:51 PM »

Hillary Clinton needs to attack Don Blankenship and say that GOP primary voters would be smarter if they voted for either Jenkins or Morrissey
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »

Hillary Clinton needs to attack Don Blankenship and say that GOP primary voters would be smarter if they voted for either Jenkins or Morrissey

They want him to win the primary, not turn him into an Appalachian hero.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2018, 08:40:41 PM »

I feel like that could backfire very quickly. Manchin probably doesn't want Hillary uttering a single word about WV.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2018, 10:21:46 PM »

Be real guys. Blankenship is a criminal. Even if he gets a boost from Hillary, he's still a worse candidate than Jenkins and Morrissey (both of which I think beat Manchin).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2018, 10:29:33 PM »

Be real guys. Blankenship is a criminal. Even if he gets a boost from Hillary, he's still a worse candidate than Jenkins and Morrissey (both of which I think beat Manchin).

I mean, eh, kind of.

Blakenship is trash but there's a reason he's resonating in the primaries - he's resonating because he has a narrative arc. He was locked up and framed by muh corrupt Obama and muh corrupt EPA who hate your life style. A lot of people will see through that but a lot of people won't and a lot of people don't vote in West Virginia.

What do Jenkins or Morrissey have? Morrissey is a carpet bagger from New Jersey who comes off kind of weird and his last few ads have a... doomed candidate quality to them. Evan Jenkins is a hyper ambitious political psycho but thanks to West Virginia's political history that comes with a political record with quite a few liberal votes.

Jenkins is probably the best general election candidate of the three but he has a certain detached political hack quality to him that's vaguely off-putting that is a stark contrast to Joe Manchin who, I've said many negative things about, but at least comes off as genuine. Morrissey would probably be a very bad general election candidate and Don Blakenship knows how to sell political narrative clearly but the real story is horrifying and Blakenship should've been in jail for a lot lot longer.

Not confident about Manchin's chances in a nearly 70% Trump state, but these candidates give me a slither of hope.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »

We honestly need Don Blankenship to be the nominee.

All Hillary has to do is tweet "Don Blankenship is a horrific candidate for West Virginians. He failed the state and is far too conservative for the US Senate."

💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2018, 10:36:18 PM »

I mean, eh, kind of.

Blakenship is trash but there's a reason he's resonating in the primaries - he's resonating because he has a narrative arc. He was locked up and framed by muh corrupt Obama and muh corrupt EPA who hate your life style. A lot of people will see through that but a lot of people won't and a lot of people don't vote in West Virginia.

What do Jenkins or Morrissey have? Morrissey is a carpet bagger from New Jersey who comes off kind of weird and his last few ads have a... doomed candidate quality to them. Evan Jenkins is a hyper ambitious political psycho but thanks to West Virginia's political history that comes with a political record with quite a few liberal votes.

Jenkins is probably the best general election candidate of the three but he has a certain detached political hack quality to him that's vaguely off-putting that is a stark contrast to Joe Manchin who, I've said many negative things about, but at least comes off as genuine. Morrissey would probably be a very bad general election candidate and Don Blakenship knows how to sell political narrative clearly but the real story is horrifying and Blakenship should've been in jail for a lot lot longer.

Not confident about Manchin's chances in a nearly 70% Trump state, but these candidates give me a slither of hope.

I will never understand how anyone can believe such a narrative about Blankenship (not accusing you by the way -- I think you are right, I'm talking about voters who feel that way). Blood from Upper Big Branch is not directly on his hands but he is hugely culpable. How people in a state full of working class people with one of the richest labor movement histories of any of the states can vote for such a disgusting monster is beyond me.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2018, 10:41:55 PM »

I mean, eh, kind of.

I will never understand how anyone can believe such a narrative about Blankenship (not accusing you by the way -- I think you are right, I'm talking about voters who feel that way). Blood from Upper Big Branch is not directly on his hands but he is hugely culpable. How people in a state full of working class people with one of the richest labor movement histories of any of the states can vote for such a disgusting monster is beyond me.

Because oogily boogily Obummer lieberals!!1!
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2018, 11:00:03 PM »

I think Jenkins is a strong candidate. Look at his announcement ad. And he's also attacking Manchin for taking big pharma money. He's doing a good job with the socially conservative & economically right-of-center angle.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »

I think Jenkins is a strong candidate. Look at his announcement ad. And he's also attacking Manchin for taking big pharma money. He's doing a good job with the socially conservative & economically right-of-center angle.

Jenkins is a guy who knows how to do a politics or two. But again, I feel he comes off as inauthentic and plastic, which is probably the worst thing you could say about a candidate in the year of our lord 2018. If he were such a good candidate (which, this may just be a reflection of how weird, small, and far right the actual Republican electorate in a Republican primary is in West Virginia) why isn't he trouncing Patrick Morrissey and Don Blankenship?

Then again this is the very same Republican Party that has nominated John Raese for how many countless races despite knowing he'd blow it every single time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies