WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:47:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 61
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2018: Haunted Manchin  (Read 142998 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2018, 10:41:33 PM »

I am pleased to announce my endorsement of Blankenship, a true American hero.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2018, 10:44:19 PM »

I've been following him for years and Blankenship, like Trump, is a person so vile and disgusting I can't even support him as a joke. This man should still be in jail. People on this board should know better after 2016.

Well if Blankenship wins the general, that’s more an indictment on West Virginia voters now, isn’t it?

IceSpear intensifies.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2018, 01:23:49 AM »

I've been following him for years and Blankenship, like Trump, is a person so vile and disgusting I can't even support him as a joke. This man should still be in jail. People on this board should know better after 2016.

Well if Blankenship wins the general, that’s more an indictment on West Virginia voters now, isn’t it?

IceSpear intensifies.
I'll forgive IceSpear for all his comments if Blankenship does somehow win the general.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2018, 01:21:33 PM »

IceSpear intensifies.
I'll forgive IceSpear for all his comments if Blankenship does somehow win the general.
same, btw where is icespear? haven't seen him in a while
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »

They finally added Don to the betting markets:

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2018, 05:19:57 AM »

ah the ironic Blankenship supporters clearly weren't here for 2016 when such a movement existed for someone else
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2018, 05:39:22 AM »

ah the ironic Blankenship supporters clearly weren't here for 2016 when such a movement existed for someone else

Yep. Like I don't think he'll win, but the truth is that all of the bad stuff about him is already out there. You're not going to change the narrative on him. And then there's stuff like this on Manchin, from the politico profile of Blankenship:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jeeeeeeeeez.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2018, 11:06:24 AM »

It's not like there's any real difference between having Blankenship or Jenkins in the Senate either way.  They'd still vote for 99% of the same sh**t sandwich. Might as well root for the weakest opponent in the primary.

I'm sure someone will respond to this post by saying something like "This is MORALLY appalling" or something or other. Whatever. I'd rather Manchin have an 80% chance at keeping his job by facing a murderer than have a 50% chance against someone whose views are just the same as Blankenship's.

I mean Manchin still have a mid digit to low double digit edge on Morrissey, and a couple points on Jenkins. But yeah, I get it. I too want Blankensh!t in the primaries.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »

The strategy is more reliable than not. There’s more Todd Akins, Roy Moore’s, Sharron Angles, Christine O’Donnell’s, Ken Buck’s, and Dick Mourdock’s than there are Donald Trump’s. I’d gladly take my chances on Blankenship if I were the DSCC. If he beats Manchin, then the other two would’ve too.

To be fair, we almost got Senator Buck.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Great to have wonderful Senator Doug Jones of Alabama endorse Joe Manchin for reelection!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2018, 03:30:13 AM »

Jenkins has a new ad out, trying to make the Senate race about Hillary Clinton and throwing in some strong dog-whistles in there too and how liberals will 'take our guns'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zpd1K12Fc&feature=youtu.be
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2018, 08:58:55 AM »

Jenkins has a new ad out, trying to make the Senate race about Hillary Clinton and throwing in some strong dog-whistles in there too and how liberals will 'take our guns'.

Someone’s nervous
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »

After watching that ad, I'm officially throwing my support behind Blankenship.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2018, 10:33:10 AM »

Ok Rs can bash Dem places as crime riddled and drug infested but not the other way around. Can you imagine a Dem candidate running an ad like this? And what Hillary said is nothing compared to what Jenkins is doing it’s far worse.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2018, 10:48:00 AM »

Ok Rs can bash Dem places as crime riddled and drug infested but not the other way around. Can you imagine a Dem candidate running an ad like this? And what Hillary said is nothing compared to what Jenkins is doing it’s far worse.

You’re forgetting that Rs are Real Americanstm
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »

You’re forgetting that Rs are Real Americanstm
Detroit is Fake America, filled with lots of lazy bum hobo blacks who rely on government handouts.
It's time they learned some self-responsibility and got a job. Also, they need to start paying income tax.
Tongue
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »

If this is all he's got, I remain confident Manchin would win against him, luckily, Jenkins probably won't be the nominee, as he is still the scariest GE threat to Joe by far.
DemocraticKing
Rookie

« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2018, 01:41:03 PM »

Senate Majority PAC goes up for Manchin-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79VuEnDQgLc&feature=youtu.be
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2018, 03:32:27 PM »

Had anybody polled Blankenship's approval ratings since his medical blitz? I assume it's got better than the subterranean numbers he used to get, but I can't imagine they're particularly good.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »

Republicans get to do whatever they want with little to no comeuppance. It's just the country we live in. We just have to deal with it.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »

Morrisey: Senate campaign “two-man” race

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://wvmetronews.com/2018/04/09/morrisey-senate-campaign-two-man-race/

Ha, you can practically hear the flop sweat.  Hope Morrisey finishes third.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2018, 10:06:05 PM »

We really are going to get the Blakenship Triage, arn't we? With the added bonus of Jenkins leaving the house for what should have been a tossup race with Machin, but is now watching his seat become a DCCC target.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:54 PM »

This thing is starting to look better and better for Manchin so far.

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »

I have an interesting question: what county do you think Manchin will do the worst in compared to Clinton? I.e, what county will he improve on HRC the least.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2018, 10:49:44 PM »

I have an interesting question: what county do you think Manchin will do the worst in compared to Clinton? I.e, what county will he improve on HRC the least.

My guess would have to be Monogalia. though obviously he vastly over performs Hillary in every single county including this one too. Still, he really will turn off the college campus in the area, and the mountain candidate (if there is one is gonna get 6-7% of the vote there). Either way, turnout is probably going to suck there for dems, and I think this will be his worst improvement. I still think he will narrowly carry the county though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies