MI Governor 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:51:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI Governor 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Poll
Question: MI Governor 2018
Gretchen Whitmer

other Democrat

a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 181

Author Topic: MI Governor 2018  (Read 19665 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2018, 04:56:54 PM »

Weird angle to go at. Machine politics arent really prevalent in MI, but I guess this is him trying to go for that "Im Bernie Sanders, Whitmer is Hillary Clinton, forget about that other guy" angle. This could work, with a different person, in a different state. Hell, OC could have used this ad, and it would have worked.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2018, 05:09:23 PM »

AOC endorses AES, who also becomes the first gubernatorial candidate on the Justice Semocrats slate:

Whitmer, El-Sayed, they're both fantastic. Please, Michigan. Just anybody but Thanedar.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2018, 11:42:36 PM »

Weird angle to go at. Machine politics arent really prevalent in MI, but I guess this is him trying to go for that "Im Bernie Sanders, Whitmer is Hillary Clinton, forget about that other guy" angle. This could work, with a different person, in a different state. Hell, OC could have used this ad, and it would have worked.

I spoke too soon. This is the worst ad I have ever seen come across my TV: https://youtube.com/watch?v=T657Jm96yQA
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2018, 12:07:15 AM »

Wow, that guy's ugliness actually scared me after the balloon pop. Also, what the hell with that hair!?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2018, 12:10:17 AM »

I spoke too soon. This is the worst ad I have ever seen come across my TV: https://youtube.com/watch?v=T657Jm96yQA
Wow, ummm, just wow. This is really poor, and that corny joke at the end. This is almost as much cringe as the "Nancy had a little lamb" add.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2018, 12:27:37 AM »

Are Michigan roads seriously that bad? I read that Gretchen Whitmer has basically made "Fix the damn roads" her slogan too.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2018, 12:56:13 AM by Arch »

Are Michigan roads seriously that bad? I read that Gretchen Whitmer has basically made "Fix the damn roads" her slogan too.

Wisconsin is on the same track. Republicans in both states have left infrastructure to ruin. Several bridges collapsed and left communities uncommunicated in recent floods because they were in disrepair.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2018, 12:49:07 AM »

Must be on the eastern side of the state, or maybe around Lansing. West side seems fine and/or is currently being fixed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2018, 06:27:23 PM by X Marks The Spot »

Wow, that guy's ugliness actually scared me after the balloon pop. Also, what the hell with that hair!?

Thanywise!
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2018, 03:26:05 PM »

The roads around Detroit are in pretty bad shape. Although they've been that way for years.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »

California's are still worse, and there isn't even the excuse of winter for that one [I mean, besides up in the Sierras and Cascades].

#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2018, 06:08:01 PM »

Yeah, rich entrepreneur who didn't know if he should run as a Democrat or republican, who attended a Rubio rally and who likely donated enough to get a photo with Rubio is definitely a Sanders stand-in. Don't pay any attention to the guy whose campaign is being run by Sanders's campaign alum.

AOC endorses AES, who also becomes the first gubernatorial candidate on the Justice Semocrats slate:

AOC is the f*¢king best. But El-Sayed was endorsed by the justice dems months ago, iirc.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2018, 06:29:20 PM »

Yeah, rich entrepreneur who didn't know if he should run as a Democrat or republican, who attended a Rubio rally and who likely donated enough to get a photo with Rubio is definitely a Sanders stand-in. Don't pay any attention to the guy whose campaign is being run by Sanders's campaign alum.

I know, its such a weird position to go for and a weird thing to do. He just acts like Abdul El-Sayed is not even in this race. Why is he even bothering with this race? The only reason I can come up with is that he is either a rich jac***s with too much time on his hands, or he is a GOP plant.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2018, 06:31:22 PM »

He kind of looks like he is a computer generated effect. He should be governor of the Uncanny Valley!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2018, 02:09:34 AM »

AOC is the f*¢king best. But El-Sayed was endorsed by the justice dems months ago, iirc.

The current President with ugly hair switched parties and ideology left and right and praised Hillary quite nicely, now look at where things are.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2018, 12:54:08 PM »

All in for Abdul.

I understand that many Democrats in Northern Virginia were voting for Stewart.

I think Michigan is that the place to return a favor.

But maybe Thanedar is the better bet.

We shall have to see.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2018, 01:47:50 PM »

There's no real point in backing Abdul, since he is not eligible to be Governor under the Michigan Constitution and will be removed from the ballot in the very unlikely event he wins the primary. Meaning the Michigan Democratic Party will just be able to reselect Whitmer as the nominee. Although I guess there's a valid reason if you want to embarrass the party.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2018, 04:39:51 PM »

There's no real point in backing Abdul, since he is not eligible to be Governor under the Michigan Constitution and will be removed from the ballot in the very unlikely event he wins the primary. Meaning the Michigan Democratic Party will just be able to reselect Whitmer as the nominee. Although I guess there's a valid reason if you want to embarrass the party.

Unfortunately Thanedar already challenged El-Sayed’s eligibility and they found him eligible to run.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »

Unfortunately Thanedar already challenged El-Sayed’s eligibility and they found him eligible to run.

Great! I don't support El-Sayed, but I definitely don't support a probably-corrupt millionaire's attempts to disrupt the democratic process by taking other candidates off the ballot.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

Whitmer, El-Sayed, they're both fantastic. Please, Michigan. Just anybody but Thanedar.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2018, 07:38:00 AM »

Except for US 127 between St. Johns and Ithaca and traffic congestion around fast-growing Traverse City (which resists any road construction ... to which I say, simply build a freeway parallel to MI-72  as "I-575" to connect it to I-75 and US 127), roads north of the Grand Rapids-Lansing-Saginaw line are fine due to low traffic. Traffic is horrible north of Ann Arbor on US-23  and on I-96 between Lansing and Detroit. I-94 probably has the heaviest traffic in rural areas on a four-lane freeway; if Kentucky can upgrade I-65 to three lanes in each direction, then why can't Michigan do that with I-94? The 69-94 cloverleaf interchange in Marshall was adequate when I-69 had light traffic in the 1970s, but it is only a matter of time before some ugly incident (a vehicle carrying hazardous chemicals)  jackknifes or overturns. I-69 is a through route now, connecting places like Indianapolis and Chicago to Toronto and Montreal.

Michigan is lenient about overweight vehicles, and those tear up Michigan roads.

Gretchen Whitmer will need federal funds for upgrading the 69-94 interchange, upgrading I-94 to a six-lane highway, replacing a surface stretch of pseudo-freeway of US 127, and building a freeway either along US 131 south of Kalamazoo or building one between Kalamazoo and South Bend.  Maybe something across the Upper Peninsula (I-98?) President Trump will not help her, but his successor might.   
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »

Bill Schuette being investigated by the FBI for using AG office to further personal real estate deals:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/07/03/ingham-prosecutor-refers-request-investigation-bill-schuette-fbi/754706002/
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2018, 06:20:57 PM »

Whitimer landslide imminent
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:10 PM »

Republicans are running only the best candidates this year

Does anyone else in the primary have any chance of beating him?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies