OH-Gravis: Mandel leads Brown by 3, Tiberi trails by 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:49:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH-Gravis: Mandel leads Brown by 3, Tiberi trails by 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Gravis: Mandel leads Brown by 3, Tiberi trails by 2  (Read 4325 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: May 03, 2017, 11:55:26 PM »

Ohio did vote 10 points to the right of the nation in 2016.  If Mandel wins this in a somewhat Democratic-leaning environment, maybe it is just time to officially label Ohio a red state.

Yeah... Obama won Wisconsin in 2008 by 14 points. Is Wisconsin a blue state? No.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:10:36 AM »

Ohio did vote 10 points to the right of the nation in 2016.  If Mandel wins this in a somewhat Democratic-leaning environment, maybe it is just time to officially label Ohio a red state.

Yeah... Obama won Wisconsin in 2008 by 14 points. Is Wisconsin a blue state? No.

But, in fairness, that was only seven points relative to the nation.  For perspective, Delaware voted closer to the national average this time than Ohio did.  Is Delaware a swing state too?

That's exactly my point. Ohio is a lot more elastic than a blue or red state would be, like Delaware for instance.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »

Before this election many were calling Wisconsin a blue state.

Just look at local politics. There's no way a blue state would have near super-majorities in the legislature and an R governor.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 06:56:15 PM »

Before this election many were calling Wisconsin a blue state.

Just look at local politics. There's no way a blue state would have near super-majorities in the legislature and an R governor.

He's not wrong, though. Most Democrats (including you, IIRC Tongue) were obsessed with this idea that Wisconsin is a blue state, especially in presidential elections. Granted, the polls were extremely misleading and Democrats did very well in 2008 and 2012, but I always thought Republicans could win it against Clinton.

I wasn't obsessed with it being a blue state; I was headstrong that Trump was the worst fit for the state and that the state would never go to a Republican like him, but could certainly go to someone like Kasich. I was wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies