France 2017: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:05:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 141731 times)
Diouf
Denmark
« on: May 02, 2017, 06:24:48 AM »

Pretty stable.

I still doubt she'll get 40% in the end. Maybe not even 35%. I wonder if the debate tomorrow changes the polls. Macron will likely attack her on the plagiarized speech.

Isn't that just an appeal to Fillon voters basically? If she is to win, she clearly needs to get a lot more Fillon voters. She could hardly ask for better headlines than "Le Pen copies Fillon", I would think. If the media and Macron think this is a big attack point, they really should reconsider.
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 02:14:54 PM »

On most economic issues, is it fair to say that Le Pen is running to the left of Macron?  From what I've read this seems to be the case.  Of all the populist, anti-globalist European parties lumped in as "far-right" I wonder what others have had candidates running like this, i.e. strongly nationalist, but also on the left economically.
   Had it come to a Macron vs Melenchon runoff would Le Pen have endorsed Melenchon?

Isn't this pretty much more the standard than the exception at this point?
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 11:50:39 AM »

Macron set to join ALDE. Okay, when you can't get Grillo, I guess...

http://www.lesoir.be/1496525/article/actualite/union-europeenne/2017-05-04/emmanuel-macron-rejoindra-famille-liberale-europeenne
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies