France 2017: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:00:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 141878 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« on: April 23, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
« edited: April 23, 2017, 04:09:33 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

https://twitter.com/GeraldineAmiel/status/856253256321904640

From 37.59m voters (78.14%): Macron 23.41%, Le Pen 22.6%, Fillon 19.86%, Melenchon 18.85% - French Interior Min at 11:01pm #France2017
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:26:41 PM »

Safe to say that Le Pen underperformed tonight?

Well, Marine Le Pen disappointed right-wing expectations that she's going to pull a Brexit and prove the polls wrong. In that sense, she "underperformed".
This
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:05:35 PM »

She's got 700 000 more votes today then in the regional elections. But high turn-out hurts her because she's already an enthusiastic base.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:40:24 PM »

Will we get any instant polls today?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 05:18:05 AM »

Probably won't stop the Flawless Beautiful Landslide Sunday, but still kind of creepy.

Don't worry.

This will massively backfire on Le Pen and the voters will wipe her out on Sunday. I really strongly doubt the French are as stupid to vote based on anything in these hacks. Turnout will likely increase to around 78-80% because of the hack and the people of France will deliver a solid spanking to her.

I hope they are smart enough to vote based on all the information collected, by hacking or not, as long as information is authentic.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 07:18:19 AM »

I hope they are smart enough to vote based on all the information collected, by hacking or not, as long as information is authentic.

on all authentic and important information. which means, it is impossible to know if those leaks are including anything of use 'till the election.
There is still a time. May be we'll find out something bad or good about Macron.

Besides, the French legislative election is soon taking place (11 and 18 June 2017). Plenty of time.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I didn't deny that.
But it does not mean that there is nothing good about it at all. The more transparency the better.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »

But it does not mean that there is nothing good about it at all. The more transparency the better.

this isn't helping transparency at all.

this is like....you try to go to the voting booth and in front of the polling place there is a weird guy with sunglasses, telling you something unflattering about the candidate you wish to vote for and proclaims, showing you some printed emails, that he got proof.

you don't have any effing clue if he is correct or now but you need to vote right now....this is the opposite of transparcy.

Right now - yes. But the information in the emails will eventually be checked. So we'll eventually get more transparency.

But it is off-topic.

No. The emails won't matter in presidential election (unless there is something really awful, but it is highly unlikely).
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 06:12:38 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2017, 06:16:32 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

AHahahahaahhhhaha.

I thought it was fake. It wasn't... https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/861317789537193988

Pretty good performance for a human being with Le Pen as a surname. Yes, it could be much better, but stil not that bad.

France would be better off with Fillon. Le Pen & FN, it is time to go. Probably someone without her "past" like Dupont-Aignan or Fillon (without Penelope gate) can take over/create a new party/win primaries for Les Républicains . And then win additional 15%.

Hopefully, Macron will be as tough on immigration/integration issues as Deporter-In-Chief, Mr Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies