France 2017: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:19:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 141566 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:52:33 AM »

Thanks, pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:18:52 PM »

Politico also has a neat map for when the results come up.

http://www.politico.eu/article/france-election-2017-results-live-winner-president-macron-le-pen-fillon-melenchon/

It's not as detailed, but if you know the name, you can search the results for probably every commune, at least for the second round in 2012 (I even tried looking up the results for some islands in French Polynesia and had them come up)>

I was looking at that one but found the inability to zoom to annoying. The one suggested by TheShadowyAbyss allows you to click on the... provinces?... to zoom in.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/elections/resultats/
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:16:57 PM »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I had to get off the forum ten pages in. Is there any chance that Le Pen comes out on top in this first round? From what I can see, she is currently 0.4% behind with ten departments remaining (five of them around Paris).
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:04:10 AM »

The ballots are called "bulletins" and are actually small cards with one for each candidate. When you go up to vote, you take all of them, go into the booth, and insert the candidate for whom you wish to vote into the envelope. I suppose you trash the rest!

Thanks for the info! It seems like that is incredibly wasteful (both of paper and money), especially in elections with more than two people. That's tens of millions of waisted "bulletins" every election.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 02:20:18 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 02:49:22 PM by Sorenroy »

I made a quick map with Google Sheets. I'll try to make a better one when I get home, but here's a basic one:

Grey indicates that there was no voting locations within that country. The only acceptations to this were Tajikistan and Yemen, where voting places were provided but no one showed up, and Burma, where Google Sheets did not recognize the current name of the country (it voted 246-35, or 88%-12%, for Macron).
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »

Somehow weird that Congo-Brazzaville doesn't have any French votes - considering it was a French colony. I thought there'd be at least a few French people left there.

The other grey areas are understandable though.

It's not that there were no voters, it's that there was no polling place within the country (I think we're both talking about the Republic of the Congo). The only two countries that had open voting locations that also had zero voters were Tajikistan and Yemen.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »

I made a quick map with Google Sheets. I'll try to make a better one when I get home, but here's a basic one:

Grey indicates that there was no voting locations within that country. The only acceptations to this were Tajikistan and Yemen, where voting places were provided but no one showed up, and Burma, where Google Sheets did not recognize the current name of the country (it voted 246-35, or 88%-12%, for Macron).

Here's another image. The only difference is that I included Burma, and the scale now is from roughly 32.2%-100%. This makes it so that orange is above the overall percentage for Macron, and blue is below.

As a note, French Guiana went to Macron 21,769-11,777 (65%-35%)

There were voting locations in Asuncion, Paraguay, but for some reason it's considered part of Argentina for voting purposes, under the name Assomption

That makes Paraguay (the landlocked country in South America) 200-116 (63%-37%) Macron.

Source (thanks Poirot): http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/services-aux-citoyens/actualites/article/election-presidentielle-retrouvez-les-resultats-du-second-tour-pour-les
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 09:23:40 AM »

By the way, why do the results for overseas voting locations make a differentiation between Israel and Jerusalem?
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »

By the way, why do the results for overseas voting locations make a differentiation between Israel and Jerusalem?
Because I guess Jerusalem isn't part of Israël???

Am I missing something here? Is Jerusalem not the capital of Israel? Everything else on the webpage is by country, why is there a distinction? Is Jerusalem there to represent Palestine?
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »

Thanks for the clarifications guys. I guess I just didn't know enough about the region.

Just to clarify: Jerusalem is more of a neutral zone, nether Israeli or Palestinian. Or, at lest, that's the way France considers it for its elections.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »

http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Elections/Les-resultats/Presidentielles/elecresult__presidentielle-2017/(path)/presidentielle-2017/index.html

http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Elections/Les-resultats/Presidentielles/elecresult__presidentielle-2017/(path)/presidentielle-2017/FE.html

The official results it anyone is interested. The numbers are the same as the other resources shown, but this is probably a better resource to cite.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies