France 2017: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:19:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 141995 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: April 23, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »

Looks good for Macron. Seems he'll be a decent President and isn't bought off by Russia. Good result then.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 04:07:12 PM »

I would be curious to see LePen's areas of strength as well as Melenchon's and see what kind of economic areas they are.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »

Thank God Macron is winning over Neo-Nazi Marine LePen.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2017, 01:04:16 PM by TD »

Thank God Macron is winning over Neo-Nazi Marine LePen.

Pathetic and hilarious.

Macron will destroy the country entirely, if this is even possible anymore given the state of France.

I'm sorry did I offend your snowflake feelings by telling the truth about your idol LePen, who is both Neo Nazi and Russian backed? Fortunately at least you live under a strong pro European Chancellor Merkel who despises the alt right. Good thing that.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 02:28:32 PM »

do I really have to pull up her history, the National Front, the history of the LePens, and their Russian connections and all that stuff to demonstrate my point? It's such a time suck but if you insist I would be happy to demonstrate about Madam LePen.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 02:45:18 PM »

Note I said Nazi not fascistic. I pointedly called her a Neo Nazi for specific reasons, per se the long anti-semitic connotations. There is also a strong illiberal bent with Madam LePen which I would be happy to demonstrate this evening. The poster TheSaint denied her being a Nazi; I'm contesting that and saying she definitely has exhibited serious illiberal and Neo Nazi behavior.

I'll be happy to put up a post with this information if y'all would give me a few hours.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »

Also are you serious in saying Putin's ties with her is good? Lol
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »

Note I said Nazi not fascistic. I pointedly called her a Neo Nazi for specific reasons, per se the long anti-semitic connotations. There is also a strong illiberal bent with Madam LePen which I would be happy to demonstrate this evening. The poster TheSaint denied her being a Nazi; I'm contesting that and saying she definitely has exhibited serious illiberal and Neo Nazi behavior.

I'll be happy to put up a post with this information if y'all would give me a few hours.

I suspect this is going to be a bunch of articles about how she doesn't want to give Israel special treatment and she doesn't want to exempt Jews from secular laws that all non-Jews have to follow.

How cute, you're trying to preempt me.

Actually no, since I wouldn't have a problem with that providing you aren't mischaracterizing her. But I said I would put it up later.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »

I don't think it's fair to call Le Pen a neo-nazi. Her father obviously was one and there probably are some Hitler admirers left in FN, but I don't think Le Pen is an actual neo-nazi. She just is a right-wing populist. That doesn't mean she isn't dangerous though.

I'm glad that Macron won the debate. He isn't that great, but he still is a lot better than Le Pen or the French left. It's probably not going to happen, but it would be amazing if LR manages to win a majority in the legislative elections. Macron as president with a right-wing majority in parliament would be the best outcome. Baroin (or whoever becomes PM) would control domestic affairs and reform the economy while Macron would mostly control foreign affairs, which is for the best since the French right has a strange love for Putin.

Agreed strongly. I don't want a liberal majority in the Assembly, just a center right one that opposes Russia.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »

So is Moscow trying to send a message to the incoming president or just perfunctorily supporting LePen? It sounds Macron was careful in his security measures.

Interesting the Russians are sending a message on Election Eve. They know they can't swing the vote so why?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »

They might be intending to hurt the new president since they know he'll win. Macron is pretty hostile to Russia as is the French Assembly. We'll see how the fallout works.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »

wikileaks' french lawyer is disgusted by the publishing of this nothingburger.

even the intercept isn't buying it.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/06/no-macron-leaks-politically-motivated-hacking-not-whistleblowing/

I sincerely hate the Kremlin for this. I mean I've always hated them but never has my hatred of them ever been more justified. I hope on the day of judgment, God's final judgment on them is to toss them into the lake of Gehenna. Putin can take his place next to Adolf Hitler.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »

Victory ✌ over the Putinist Neonazis!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies