Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 162350 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: November 11, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »

Does Alabama have the death sentence for pedophiles or serial rapists? Or does that only apply to black people?

Not a death penalty guy, but here we see why mvd is one of the Atlas' best conservatives. I'm glad at least one blue avatar (that isn't YoungCon or Indy) has their head on completely straight when it comes to Moore.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1451 on: November 11, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »

I think it's a great game plan to vote for Moore and let the GOP throw him out.  If Democrats want to elect someone from Alabama let them become Republicans.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1452 on: November 11, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »

This kind of corroboration is going to keep trickling out as long as Moore stays in the race.  It's like the death of a thousand cuts.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #1453 on: November 11, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »

Does Alabama have the death sentence for pedophiles or serial rapists? Or does that only apply to black people?

Not a death penalty guy, but here we see why mvd is one of the Atlas' best conservatives. I'm glad at least one blue avatar (that isn't YoungCon or Indy) has their head on completely straight when it comes to Moore.

I'M NOT A CONSERVATIVE, I'M A CONSERVATIVE LIBERAL. And I'm also not really in favour of the death penalty (with the exception of war crimes and/or genocide). But aren't most Atlas Republicans pretty opposed to what Moore represents (and even more in the light of the recent relevations)? People like RINO Tom and The Saint also never supported Moore.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1454 on: November 11, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »

Of course it's not enough proof for him. Nothing will ever be enough proof.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1455 on: November 11, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »

So why didn’t it come out in 2000 or 2012?

Also high school girls is not a crime they 17-20 years old.
The 14 year old is the only one where he can be charged Also the only one where I unendorse him.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1456 on: November 11, 2017, 05:35:35 PM »

The Prophet Mike:

The 14 year old is the only one where he can be charged Also the only one where I unendorse him.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1457 on: November 11, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »

The Prophet Mike:

When I get back home I’m going to teach you a history lesson,ALL of this stuff I’m posting will be facts I have learned from volunteering for the National park service as a costume history interpreter.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1458 on: November 11, 2017, 05:50:38 PM »

When I get back home I’m going to teach you a history lesson,ALL of this stuff I’m posting will be facts I have learned from volunteering for the National park service as a costume history interpreter.

This is the best satire account ever
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1459 on: November 11, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »

Because your reaction would have been exactly the same in 2000 or 2012. We need not list all the reasons why victims might remain silent for so long when they are preyed upon by men in positions of power. You are demonstrating why right now.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #1460 on: November 11, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »

The Prophet Mike:

I didn't know atlas needed a dedicated cringe account until it had one.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1461 on: November 11, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »

Because your reaction would have been exactly the same in 2000 or 2012. We need not list all the reasons why victims might remain silent for so long when they are preyed upon by men in positions of power. You are demonstrating why right now.

Exactly, lol. The "why didn't they come out sooner" is the stupidest garbage ever. Why the hell does it matter that they waited to say something? Stupid ass deflection. The victims didn't want to relive the trauma, and that's perfectly acceptable.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1462 on: November 11, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »

Greedo, when you're older, you'll learn about why people do the things they do and why men in power are the most dangerous things ever.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1463 on: November 11, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »

Exactly, lol. The "why didn't they come out sooner" is the stupidest garbage ever. Why the hell does it matter that they waited to say something? Stupid ass deflection. The victims didn't want to relive the trauma, and that's perfectly acceptable.

Yes! Exactly.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1464 on: November 11, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »

Also I think this quote from, of all people, Doug Jones, is very appropriate:

"It's never too late for the truth to be told ... It's never too late for a man to be held accountable for his crimes."

Of course, this was in reference to the church bombing, but it's rather universalizing.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1465 on: November 11, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »

Greedo, how about this corroboration (on a conservative website) of the 14-year-old's story?  https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/11/10/another-person-corroborates-roy-moores-accuser/

If you're still not persuaded, tell us what WOULD persuade you?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1466 on: November 11, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »

Let me put it this way: Greedo, if you were a girl right now, you'd be a perfect target for Mr. Roy Moore.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1467 on: November 11, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »

I don't think this one has been mentioned yet.  A former AL chief justice had "heard rumors" of alleged sexual misconduct against Moore in 2013:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1468 on: November 11, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »

I expected some hysterical responses to my post calling for the election of Moore along with some name calling. That is even though you do not knowing anything about me.  So I will let you know more about me than you probably want to know. This should possibly be posted on another thread, but I am posting here as I have been personally called names on this thread like confederate

I was born in 1944 in Michigan. I became active in the Republican Party in 1959.  I moved to Memphis, TN in 1975 and to the delta of Arkansas in 1978.  At that time the city I moved to  was 70% white and the fastest growing city in Arkansas.  It has not grown since then because of the Carter hyper inflation and dismal economy.  Also businesses were moving out of downtown Memphis on the river.  Businesses moved further east in Tennessee and South into Mississippi.  The Mississippi River is a barrier. Today my city is 65% black.

The demographic changes have caused the Methodist church I attend to suffer a significant decline in membership.  I am proposing to other members that our next pastor should be black.
I know that will cause some members to leave.  But I believe it is the only way forward.  I guess that makes me a confederate.

Since I became active in the Republican Party in 1959 I have supported the following candidates in the primaries Goldwater in 64, Nixon in 68, Ford in 76, Reagan in 80 after New Hampshire, Bush in 88 and 92, Alexander in 96, Bush in 00, McCain in 08 against our own former Governor Huckabee,  Romney in 12, and Rubio and then Kasich in 16.  I think that makes me pretty much a mainstream Republican.  

Be warned I am generally a yellow dog Republican.

Locally I am known as generally a “red Republican.” That is like a “red Tory” in Great Britain or Canada.  But I am not that “red.”  In Michigan I would be a moderate conservative. . I do love Atlas’ proper use of Party colors.

I was a never Trumper till after the the Indiana primary.  I decided then that after being subjected to the Clintons through two years of Bill as Attorney General of Arkansas, 12 years of Bill as Governor, 8 years of Bill as President, and 6 years of Hillary as Secretary of State I had had quite enough of the the Clintons.  I became a Never Hillaryer.  Every time my wife and I see Hillary on TV we are thankful we made that decision.

With respect to the Alabama Senate race I wish Brooks had won, though he is a foolish member of the Freedom Caucus.  I considered that Strange had made a dirty dirty deal.  I considered Moore a jerk.  

However due to the fact that both Parties have come to the point of being unable to work together and Jones is a left winger rather than a blue dog,  I will not give up any Senate or House seat without a fight.  If I see away for a another Republican to get on the ballot or that a right-in could win, I would switch my support.

I am late in posting this statement due to the fact my wife and I took the black director/pastor of the local Christian mission in the area to dinner at an iconic restaurant in our county.  More evidence I am a Confederate.

I will never post anything this long again on a single non individual topic thread. It is just to give you some knowledge of me.

I know you're getting some crap here, and I don't really agree with most of your view points but I just wanted to thank you for sharing your perspective. It's always interesting for me to hear the opinions of someone who's from a veryear different walk of life to me.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1469 on: November 11, 2017, 07:07:03 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 07:09:20 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Yeah, the fact that all character testimonies seem to actually be backing these accusations up, and that the conservative media and Moore surrogates are trying to rationalize it by comparing his relations to biblical stories, really tells you all you need to know about how this scandal will play out. I expect more accusations are yet to come still.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1470 on: November 11, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »

Yeah, the fact that all character testimonies seem to actually be backing these accusations up, and that the conservative media and Moore surrogates are trying to rationalize it by comparing his relations to biblical stories, really tells you all you need to know about how this scandal will play out. I expect more accusations are yet to come still.
The biblical comparisons are quite franklyrics terrifying. Even if Solomon had X many concubines that really doesn't make it OK to be a pedophile. I couldn't imagine living in a society based off the old testament's rules.
DFL

« Reply #1471 on: November 11, 2017, 07:42:30 PM »

The biblical comparisons are quite franklyrics terrifying. Even if Solomon had X many concubines that really doesn't make it OK to be a pedophile. I couldn't imagine living in a society based off the old testament's rules.

Not a Christian, but these comparisons are easily the most sickening part of the reactions to this. Shows how easily religion can be bastardized to justify the most heinous and disgusting acts. I truly hope people aren't falling for the "Moore is Jesus Christ" BS.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1472 on: November 11, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »

The biblical analogies are also biblically illiterate, and comparing the (supposedly) celibate marriage of Mary and Joseph 2000 years ago to *child molestation* should sicken and appall every person of faith.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1473 on: November 11, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »

Sen. Cassidy withdraws his endorsement:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1474 on: November 11, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »

Glad he drew the line at pedophilia but interesting that calling for the death of gay people and the belief that Muslims shouldn't be allowed to serve in Congress were A-OK.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies