Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:03:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 161754 times)
tschandler
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2017, 04:22:32 PM »

Moore is a blight on this state, and with our political winners that is saying something.  He has a weird cult like following.  Strange got his seat crookedly no doubt about it.  But Moore ran precisely to prevent Strange getting a shot from a decent candidate like Mo Brooks or Bradley Byrne.  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »

To hell with the potential ad bait. The DSCC and DNC need to go all-in on fueling Jones and burying Moore.

Democrats are not winning this seat. Frankly, the only way to stop Moore is to prop Strange.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »

To hell with the potential ad bait. The DSCC and DNC need to go all-in on fueling Jones and burying Moore.

Democrats are not winning this seat. Frankly, the only way to stop Moore is to prop Strange.

I think we're seriously underestimating how much Alabamans hate Roy Moore. He's a chronic general election loser for a reason.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »

Wait the article even quotes him as "Well I don't, you know..." ? He's was not taking a strong forceful stance against the idea, but not "I don't know"  Huh
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2017, 04:33:39 PM »

Lol Jones is not going to win this probably helps Moore in Alabama as disgusting as that is

Hope Strange pulls off a miracle in the runoff I guess

Yeah, Moore is off his rocker and is very likely to be Senator at this point. It doesn't look good at the moment, but I've been pulling hard for Strange in large part because I really don't like Roy Moore.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:50 PM »

I think we're seriously underestimating how much Alabamans hate Roy Moore. He's a chronic general election loser for a reason.

Umm.. A recent poll had Moore's approval rating at like +15, the only candidate with a positive rating. And he was elected Chief Justice twice and lost to an incumbent governor in the primary in 2006. He did finish 4th in the 2010 governors race.. So not exactly hated or a chronic loser.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »

Does anyone think Sue Bell Cobb would be doing better than Jones atm?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2017, 05:19:42 PM »

The fact that he had to say "I don't know" shows how truly disgusting this man really is.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »

I hope the DSCC does totally write this race off. If turnout is low like it was during the first round, it could help Jones pull an upset. Scott Brown all over again.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »

I hope the DSCC does totally write this race off. If turnout is low like it was during the first round, it could help Jones pull an upset. Scott Brown all over again.
People really underestimate how much of a force turnout can be in a special election.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 03:39:19 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can Strange pull a Cochran and get Democrats to vote for him in the runoff?  I don't know what Alabama law says on runoffs.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #286 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:54 PM »

He's right. We have to figure out what is going on. I wouldn't be keen on anyone who takes an adamant absolutist stand on an issue. He's just giving himself some room to work with.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #287 on: September 12, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »

No, they don't the love him it may not show up in poll or in votes but many in Alabama believe in what he is saying. Take from the avatars on here who are from the deep south.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2017, 06:26:11 PM »

Somebody should troll Roy Moore and ask if he supports the KKK. I'd love to see what happens next.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2017, 06:50:34 PM »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can Strange pull a Cochran and get Democrats to vote for him in the runoff?  I don't know what Alabama law says on runoffs.

Wait the article even quotes him as "Well I don't, you know..." ? He's was not taking a strong forceful stance against the idea, but not "I don't know"  Huh

What???  Come on, shua.  You think it's reasonable for a politician to say "I don't know" if they're asked about whether homosexuals should be put to death?
The AL GOP changed the rules for runoffs. Only Republicans can vote in the runoff.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »

No, they don't the love him it may not show up in poll or in votes but many in Alabama believe in what he is saying. Take from the avatars on here who are from the deep south.

I can't remember anyone from the Deep South saying anything as remotely horrible as Moore has said.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:08 PM »

This belief - that gays should be put to death - is much more popular than people may realize.  If you did a poll, you would find people supporting it in states like Alabama.  The level of pure hatred is very high.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can Strange pull a Cochran and get Democrats to vote for him in the runoff?  I don't know what Alabama law says on runoffs.

What???  Come on, shua.  You think it's reasonable for a politician to say "I don't know" if they're asked about whether homosexuals should be put to death?
I believe anyone can vote as long as they didn't vote in the Dem primary. 
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »

This belief - that gays should be put to death - is much more popular than people may realize.  If you did a poll, you would find people supporting it in states like Alabama.  The level of pure hatred is very high.
No you wouldn't.

Anyway i wonder whether this has the potential to be an Atkins moment or whether this ends up being forgotten about and largely not brought up.  
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »

The killing of gay people has been the norm for the past 1,000 years.  Only 50 years ago, most Americans thought homosexuals were sick perverts, child molesters, social deviants, and better off dead.  Only 30 years ago, people were saying that AIDS was God's punishment for being gay.  "It's killing off all the right people" was not an uncommon thought.

Moore's views only sound out of place in the liberal America of today and as of right now, no major news media is picking up the story.

It's no surprise to hear these views - however toxic they are - with the resurgence of right-wing nationalism and Nazism in this country.  These are hateful times.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2017, 07:29:05 PM »

All you conservatives who decided Moore was better than Mo Brooks have now gotten your comeuppance. Now please vote for Luther Strange. He's not perfect but much better than having a bigot.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2017, 07:40:12 PM »

Luther Strange is the only sane option for conservatives in this runoff. Which, of course, means he'll lose, sadly.

I hope I'm wrong. And I hope Roy Moore gets crushed. He is awful on every level.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »

This view is only something that can get you elected if you are in West Virginia or Mississippi.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »

Roy Moore becoming a US Senator only makes sense in the worst of all worlds timelines. this is it, folks.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »

This view is only something that can get you elected if you are in West Virginia or Mississippi.

I, I don't even know what the hell to say to this.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies