CT Gov: Malloy OUT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:24:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT Gov: Malloy OUT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: CT Gov: Malloy OUT  (Read 21282 times)
choclatechip45
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2017, 02:44:53 PM »

Chris Mattei (D) is dropping out to run for AG. Democrats are quickly running low on candidates...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisMatteiCT/status/937715393384161280

Democrats still have more candidates than they did in 2010 when it was just Malloy and Lamont.

Democrats hardly need need an A-lister to win here anyway IMO.

As a CT Resident I agree. As long as Ganim doesn’t win the nomination or the nominee isn’t involved in some big scandal.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2017, 07:16:12 PM »

"Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin Forms Exploratory Committee For Gubernatorial Run"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.courant.com/community/hartford/hc-he-news-bronin-governor-exploratory-committee-20171205-story.html
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »

Bridgeport Mayor (and convicted felon) Joe Ganim will announce his candidacy for Governor on January 3.

https://ctmirror.org/2017/12/28/no-really-joe-ganim-is-running-for-governor/
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »

Great way to start off a campaign. I hope Ganim drops out.
https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Joe-Ganim-takes-his-campaign-across-state-12470484.php
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2018, 11:31:24 PM »

What is it with southern New England and re-electing convicted felons? Buddy Cianci and now Ganim.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »

Pretty embarrassing setback for Dan Drew. Lamont and Bysiewicz are looking to enter the race soon.

https://ctmirror.org/2018/01/09/lamont-bysiewicz-make-gubernatorial-moves/
https://middletowneyenews.blogspot.com/2018/01/progressive-slate-overwhelms-drew-team.html
Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »

Drew out due to poor fundraising

https://twitter.com/Zachary_Cohen/status/951864872974913536
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »

For the best, his campaign has been a major disappointment.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2018, 12:41:32 AM »

I've actually gone down and met Lumaj, Herbst, and Srinivasan, and I'm going to be meeting Stefanowski in February. They're actually looking really strong.  Malloy is absolutely despised. When you actually live in the state he governs and don't look into it like a fish bowl, you realize he's been a pathetic failure. He's literally only there because Foley was an oaf, and CT GOP gains in the GA in 2016 should show that people are sick of Malloy-style governance, especially with cuts to municipal aid and the general budget nightmare.

Tilt R for now, closer to Lean. And don't even start to give me the "muh midterm anti-incumbency." Rell 2006 will prove to you that that doesn't apply to Connecticut on a state government level.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2018, 01:16:55 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 01:19:23 AM by Representative Cactus »

I've actually gone down and met Lumaj, Herbst, and Srinivasan, and I'm going to be meeting Stefanowski in February. They're actually looking really strong.  Malloy is absolutely despised. When you actually live in the state he governs and don't look into it like a fish bowl, you realize he's been a pathetic failure. He's literally only there because Foley was an oaf, and CT GOP gains in the GA in 2016 should show that people are sick of Malloy-style governance, especially with cuts to municipal aid and the general budget nightmare.

Tilt R for now, closer to Lean. And don't even start to give me the "muh midterm anti-incumbency." Rell 2006 will prove to you that that doesn't apply to Connecticut on a state government level.

Honestly, if I were to put my money on gubernatorial surprises this year, CT and RI would be the two. I'm not sure if the national environment will be enough to make up for the titanic unpopularity of Malloy and Raimondo, especially with every high-profile Democrat in Connecticut giving the gubernatorial race a wide berth.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2018, 01:19:40 AM »

One guy I know pretty high up in CT Dems is very very nervous about Ganim or Bysiewicz potentially winning the nomination, and I think he’s right. Bysiewicz especially would be a disaster, and I know from direct experience that she would be awful as a governor.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2018, 01:21:40 AM »

One guy I know pretty high up in CT Dems is very very nervous about Ganim or Bysiewicz potentially winning the nomination, and I think he’s right. Bysiewicz especially would be a disaster, and I know from direct experience that she would be awful as a governor.

Out of the embarrassingly slim pickings currently running, who would you say would be the Democrats' best bet?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2018, 01:45:08 AM »

Frankly - right now i don't foresee a tragedy in possible scenario, in which Republican wins a Connecticut governorship. In this state Republicans usually run non-extreme candidates, and though sometimes they are corrupt (Rowland), they are good sometimes too (Rell, who could be reelected in 2010 rather easily). If, for example, Republicans nominate Baker-Scott-type candidate, as it happened in Massachusetts and Vermont, it may be even good after Malloy's disaster.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2018, 02:02:49 AM »

Its rare in a state where the party in power has such a deep bench that they have no prominent candidates for Governor. Dems have every office and can only manage a bunch of nobodies.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2018, 02:25:12 AM »

Frankly - right now i don't foresee a tragedy in possible scenario, in which Republican wins a Connecticut governorship. In this state Republicans usually run non-extreme candidates, and though sometimes they are corrupt (Rowland), they are good sometimes too (Rell, who could be reelected in 2010 rather easily). If, for example, Republicans nominate Baker-Scott-type candidate, as it happened in Massachusetts and Vermont, it may be even good after Malloy's disaster.

Nah, there are no good Republicans.

Usual idiotic statement
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2018, 03:22:28 AM »

Its rare in a state where the party in power has such a deep bench that they have no prominent candidates for Governor. Dems have every office and can only manage a bunch of nobodies.
Well, Joe Ganim certainly isn’t a nobody to the federal court system or the corrections officers union.

But you’re right. I’m thinking most prominent Ds are keeping their powder dry for 2022, because Malloy is that unpopular. I guess Mattei, Lembo, Kennedy, Jensen, Wyman, et. al., are hoping Prasad Srinivasan or whoever can’t fix Malloy’s mess in four years and they can take him out in 2022.
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2018, 12:30:43 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2018, 06:50:21 AM by choclatechip45 »

I've actually gone down and met Lumaj, Herbst, and Srinivasan, and I'm going to be meeting Stefanowski in February. They're actually looking really strong.  Malloy is absolutely despised. When you actually live in the state he governs and don't look into it like a fish bowl, you realize he's been a pathetic failure. He's literally only there because Foley was an oaf, and CT GOP gains in the GA in 2016 should show that people are sick of Malloy-style governance, especially with cuts to municipal aid and the general budget nightmare.

All of those guys are way to right wing for  CT. People I know who don’t even follow politics already hate Lumaj due to his deportation comment. The only republicans who could win are Handler and Stewart if she declares. All the people I know hate Malloy, but hate the Republican Party more. The only way the republicans have a shot is if Ganim or Bysiewicz wins the nominee.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:14 AM »

Lol all of New England could have GOP governors after 2018, only 2 years after Clinton won New England.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2018, 04:04:56 AM »

I've actually gone down and met Lumaj, Herbst, and Srinivasan, and I'm going to be meeting Stefanowski in February. They're actually looking really strong.  Malloy is absolutely despised. When you actually live in the state he governs and don't look into it like a fish bowl, you realize he's been a pathetic failure. He's literally only there because Foley was an oaf, and CT GOP gains in the GA in 2016 should show that people are sick of Malloy-style governance, especially with cuts to municipal aid and the general budget nightmare.

All of those guys are way to right wing for  CT. People I know who don’t even follow politics already hate Lumaj due to his deportation comment. The only republicans who could win are Handel and Stewart if she declares. All the people I know hate Malloy, but hate the Republican Party more. The only way the republicans have a shot is if Ganim or Bysiewicz wins the nominee.

Who is Handel???
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2018, 06:49:54 AM »

All of those guys are way to right wing for  CT. People I know who don’t even follow politics already hate Lumaj due to his deportation comment. The only republicans who could win are Handel and Stewart if she declares. All the people I know hate Malloy, but hate the Republican Party more. The only way the republicans have a shot is if Ganim or Bysiewicz wins the nominee.

Who is Handel???

Meant Mike Handler stupid autocorrect.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2018, 07:06:58 AM »

Who is Handel???

Thanks! Didn't heard about him before, so - it was an interesting info. Though Srinivasan also seemed to be moderate to me. And possibly Hwang as well...
choclatechip45
Rookie

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2018, 03:41:27 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2018, 03:59:37 PM by choclatechip45 »

Who is Handel???

Thanks! Didn't heard about him before, so - it was an interesting info. Though Srinivasan also seemed to be moderate to me. And possibly Hwang as well...
Hwang hasn’t said what he is running for yet. I think Srinivasan is to conservative for CT. The problem with Handler is that I live in Stamford the town he runs the finances for and I have never heard of heard of him before he became a candidate and neither does anyone I know. Also I don’t know if CT will elect another person who is running based on their record in Stamford since that’s what’s Malloy ran on in 2010.

A big problem is that every republican running  for governor said they supported the new tax plan. I don’t know many people in CT who are happy about SALT going away even people who are republicans.  It will be interesting if that becomes an issue. The biggest advantage Jodi Rell had was you can’t really connect a governor to the Iraq war and she had a history of bipartisanship and could run on that. None of the republicans running have that history. obviously everything I say is anecdotal.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2018, 04:38:18 AM »

Yeah, I'm definitely not buying that this race is Lean R or that CT is more likely to elect a Republican governor than a state like Maine. Assuming that Malloy's unpopularity alone will be enough to carry Republicans to victory here is foolish, all it does is (perhaps) giving them a fighting chance. CT is exactly the heavily Democratic state where suburban und urban voters will “punish” the GOP, not just in federal but also in statewide and legislative races.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »

Ned Lamont is officially in.

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-ned-lamont-governors-race-20180117-story.html
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »

Oh, what the hell, endorsed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies