Reunification of the Southeast Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:22:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8429 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2005, 03:29:42 PM »

I'm not.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2005, 03:31:36 PM »

I would like to make a motion to extend debate for 2 days (that's right isn't it?)
The rules allow an extension of up to 72 hours. Another Senator must second.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2005, 03:39:27 PM »

I would like to make a motion to extend debate for 2 days (that's right isn't it?)

I'll second the motion, even though I don't think that deals with the actual calling of votes (amendments, yes).

I would be happy to make up actual debate, to keep it going, if anyone wants me to.  Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »

All you want to do is push the debate back long enough for the D4 special election is over in hopes that you'll get a candidate that will support this.

Is there anyway that I can get a vote before said time Emsworth?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2005, 04:00:00 PM by Emsworth »

The chair advises Senator MasterJedi that a motion for cloture is the only means by which debate can be ended. Such a motion cannot be voted upon until at least 72 hours of debate have ended (9:30 PM EST today).

The Senator can propose a motion to table the bill.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2005, 03:58:58 PM »

I am totally fine if Masterjedi wants to push for a vote before all Virginians have had a chance to let their feelings be known on this matter.  They do have rights too, you know.

After all, he is the only one who's going to have to face re-election among them next time.  Smiley
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2005, 04:04:07 PM »

If MasterJedi wants to table this bill he will have made his reelection campaign much harder Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2005, 06:35:29 PM »

That wouldn't be the first time that some Southeasterners have forgotten the good work that a person has done and voted against him because of one single 'anti-South' action.  Gotta love the most melodramatic region of Atlasia.  Roll Eyes
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2005, 06:37:57 AM »

That wouldn't be the first time that some Southeasterners have forgotten the good work that a person has done and voted against him because of one single 'anti-South' action.  Gotta love the most melodramatic region of Atlasia.  Roll Eyes

Huzzah for Joe! I won't try to table it, I'll just wait for you to have your fun. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2005, 10:33:50 PM »

Another post to initiate making up debate in order to stall the vote a little longer so that all Virginians voices can be heard on this matter.

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2005, 02:06:19 PM »

My Friends, Senators and my fellow Virginians.

Some have been asking for some time now for me to come down on one side of this argument on one side or the other, yet I have resisted the temptation to offer my opinions on the proposal to hold a plebiscite to decide the future of the commonwealth of Virginia. But know I would like to say my piece…

Good men have made the case for both integration with the southeast and remaining as an integral part of the mideast, and there are advocates for both sides who I respect and admire as politicians and atlasians.

I shall however make my case, Atlasia is not America, while there are great bonds between the people of Virginia and their countrymen in the southeast, perhaps more so than between any other state in the union and another region, in Atlasia Virginia has proven a vital part of what constitutes the “vital centre” of Atlasian life, namely the mideast region.

Like the other great states of the mideast, Virginia boast moderate politicians with a firm commitment to the union, during the secession crisis, when civil war threatened Virginia stood by the union and her place as a state of the mideast and after so many trials and tests there is no reason that I can see why an act of Nyman Politicians should seek to rest our commonwealth from its sure foundations in the mideast…

I there fore join with many of my fellow Virginians and still more of my fellow countrymen across Atlasia in calling upon my native commonwealth to vote down any measure that seeks to weaken its mornings in the mideast.

Thank you.               

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2005, 05:10:13 PM »

So now that's 3-3, we have a tie.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2005, 10:34:52 PM »

Two more Virginians to hear from.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2005, 10:47:07 PM »

Virginia should stay part of the mideast, just becuase a few southerners think there entitled to the whole south, keep your greedy hands off our region.  If you want to live in the south region (people in Virginia)  move there. What are we going to move all the regions around because a few people want to move or over some greedy southerners.  This is the stupidest bill to be introducted (even dumber than Naso's bills). 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2005, 11:17:29 PM »

Virginia should stay part of the mideast, just becuase a few southerners think there entitled to the whole south, keep your greedy hands off our region.  If you want to live in the south region (people in Virginia)  move there. What are we going to move all the regions around because a few people want to move or over some greedy southerners.  This is the stupidest bill to be introducted (even dumber than Naso's bills). 

Well, we've got to have some fun now and then.

I might even start talking about the Chinese sometime soon, if we really want some entertainment.  Smiley
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2005, 08:20:25 AM »

I propose that Virginia become part of the Pacific. Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2005, 10:03:25 AM »

As for the Midwest - I support the idea of a merger in theory. But as none of the Midwesterners seem interested in it at all, that's where the issue ends as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2005, 08:36:13 PM »

Well, we certainly haven't had an overwhelming urging from the Virginian people to put Virginia in the Southeast.  Coupled with the population loss that the Mideast would suffer (the Southeast already is pretty much the most active region in politics), I see no way that I will be voting in favor of this bill at this time.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2005, 12:53:51 PM »

I'd love to have Virginia in the SE.   But if they don't want to be, I won't vote to bring 'em in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2005, 02:54:05 PM »

I'd love to have Virginia in the SE.   But if they don't want to be, I won't vote to bring 'em in.

Kinda vague, so far it's 3-3 how would you vote based on that?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »

Kinda vague, so far it's 3-3 how would you vote based on that?
I'll have to tlak to some Virginians before I make up my mind.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2005, 06:15:41 PM »

We could always have a Virginia Compromise that splits the state of Virginia as MEVA and SEVA.  People who register in VA have to choose between the two.  It will make the Mideast, 1/2 of VA that wants to be in the Mideast, the Southeast, and 1/2 of VA that wants to be in the Southeast happy.  This would have to be a Constitutional Amendment to do such a thing.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2005, 06:17:53 PM »

We could always have a Virginia Compromise that splits the state of Virginia as MEVA and SEVA.  People who register in VA have to choose between the two.  It will make the Mideast, 1/2 of VA that wants to be in the Mideast, the Southeast, and 1/2 of VA that wants to be in the Southeast happy.

Virginia was already split up once. Plus I'd rather stay in the Mideast than split up Virginia.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2005, 06:37:48 PM »

Generally, I have tried to stay out of Senate business since I retired, but exactly what is being "reunified" here?  VA was never a part of the Southeastern Region, therefore, it in not being "re" anything with it.  Now, that leaves one remaining possibility, that being reunification with the Confederacy, which does not exist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2005, 06:42:41 PM »

Generally, I have tried to stay out of Senate business since I retired, but exactly what is being "reunified" here?  VA was never a part of the Southeastern Region, therefore, it in not being "re" anything with it.  Now, that leaves one remaining possibility, that being reunification with the Confederacy, which does not exist.

The bill was written by Dubya and sponsored by Sam Spade, so asking them would be the best idea. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies