Statement regarding recent events
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:20:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement regarding recent events
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statement regarding recent events  (Read 1115 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2005, 07:13:36 PM »

Hello everyone and welcome.

i have come here to address an issue that some of my supporters are having. Many are complaining about my stance on the attitude of liberalism. well, any liberal who denies this problem only further proves my point.

If my supporters don't think there is an attitude problam in the ideology, thats most likely because theyre part of the problem. You can deny it and ignore it all you want, but that isn't going to make it go away, that's going to make it worse.

So when those who don't see it realize it, i'll be waiting here as their candidate for change.

Thank you everyone.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 07:16:56 PM »

Um....yeah!
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 07:19:38 PM »

I'm sorry, but I don't exactly get this. An attitude within liberalism or that liberals have or an attitude about liberalism? Also, what is meant by a different kind of liberal? I'd like to understand and support you, but I'm at a loss. I chjecked your other recent posts, but that didn't help...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 07:20:31 PM »

Wooohooo!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 07:21:30 PM »

Liberals sux
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 07:57:18 PM »

I'm sorry, but I don't exactly get this. An attitude within liberalism or that liberals have or an attitude about liberalism? Also, what is meant by a different kind of liberal? I'd like to understand and support you, but I'm at a loss. I chjecked your other recent posts, but that didn't help...
I'm pretty sure he means that liberals are loosing the idea of what REAL liberalism is. But I could be wrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 07:58:40 PM »

I'm sorry but this one had me cracking up.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 08:25:35 PM »

what im trying to say is that  liberalism is getting away from what it started as. we preach open-,indedness, but dont want to hear the other side.we complain about tax cuts, then kep them. We need a revamping.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 08:26:27 PM »

what im trying to say is that  liberalism is getting away from what it started as. we preach open-,indedness, but dont want to hear the other side.we complain about tax cuts, then kep them. We need a revamping.
this also seems like a great time to do some mentioning about my great website Grin you can just click the link in my sig! Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 08:29:26 PM »

Forgive me, but what recent events?
well, it seems to bemany im talking to are questioning my main motive, some warning me of alienating. some not happy with what i had to say. i figured i wasnt going to pull a John Keryy (no offense to the fine Jr. Senator from MA) and just ignore it. i was going to talk about it. i think ignoring such a problem would be irresponsible and not fair to the voters of D2.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 08:40:25 PM »

Well said. That is the reason I support you. Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 08:53:13 PM »

OK, I got ya now. Cool website.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 08:57:31 PM »

Well said. That is the reason I support you. Smiley

thanks! Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 08:12:53 AM »

Amen brother.

Siege
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 10:07:24 AM »

I've been hesitant to come out to publicly question your words, but I think I am going to have to now.

You effectively state that there is something wrong with the Atlasian Liberal ideology (which obviously expands well beyond the ILP). I'd like you to definitively identify who and what the causes are here.

You may be referring to American liberalism, but frankly thats got nothing to do with Atlasian liberalism - I think we have developed in our own way and whilst there are still common attributes shared, there is also much that distinguishes us from our American counterparts. This isn't America, this is Atlasia.

I've been a pretty significant figure of the Atlasian liberal ideology along with many others who have gone before me. I'd like to know what exactly it is that I've done wrong in your eyes.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

I've been hesitant to come out to publicly question your words, but I think I am going to have to now.

You effectively state that there is something wrong with the Atlasian Liberal ideology (which obviously expands well beyond the ILP). I'd like you to definitively identify who and what the causes are here.

You may be referring to American liberalism, but frankly thats got nothing to do with Atlasian liberalism - I think we have developed in our own way and whilst there are still common attributes shared, there is also much that distinguishes us from our American counterparts. This isn't America, this is Atlasia.

I've been a pretty significant figure of the Atlasian liberal ideology along with many others who have gone before me. I'd like to know what exactly it is that I've done wrong in your eyes.
I'd like to begin by saying that I don't believe you have done anything wrong (although Harry would think differently Wink) and I also believe that this stretches out way beyond The ILP, even out into the forum. Now I am not going to sit here and name names of those who I believe are wrongdoers, for I don't think that that is necessary. It is true that Atlasian Liberalism is much better than American Liberalism. But we still have to fix things. We hold a minority of senate seats. We have people that are SUPPOSEDLY[/b] in the FEC. The fact that we have people in these groups. we are allowing people to just say do shows that problems are coming to the surface. Especially since the ILP is based on being corruption-free. I'm just looking for a re-vamping.

Thank you for the question, Peter Bell.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »

I also believe that this stretches out way beyond The ILP, even out into the forum.

There's nothing we can do about the wider forum from here, and even if there were, I don't think we should.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thats not a problem with our liberalism itself, its a problem of lack of willing candidates, one that we are now beginning to turn the tables on.

The FEC is a bad joke that has just gone on and on. The ILP is based on a corruption free platform - one that bans those guilty of corruption from the party. I think I am probably the only person in the ILP who has been associated with the FEC strongly, and you've already said you think I'm fine.

What exactly do you propose we actually do as Atlasian liberals other than the rather generic "Practice what we preach" cliche?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 10:42:57 PM »

I also believe that this stretches out way beyond The ILP, even out into the forum.

There's nothing we can do about the wider forum from here, and even if there were, I don't think we should.

Thats not a problem with our liberalism itself, its a problem of lack of willing candidates, one that we are now beginning to turn the tables on.

The FEC is a bad joke that has just gone on and on. The ILP is based on a corruption free platform - one that bans those guilty of corruption from the party. I think I am probably the only person in the ILP who has been associated with the FEC strongly, and you've already said you think I'm fine.

What exactly do you propose we actually do as Atlasian liberals other than the rather generic "Practice what we preach" cliche?
1.Im not saying we should try and do things about other parts of the forum.

2.Well, i think it would be great if we could practice what we preach.

3.I think my original Ad "a change from within" should answer most questions.

4. While this is a major part of my campaign, there are other things i would like to do. A lot of things. Most importantly, my 'power to the people' tax plan and my state land commisions.(sp?) (For better elaborations, see my Q&A)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies