ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:24:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are  (Read 107492 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: February 15, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »

https://t.co/i9QIb6wX7a
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:24:33 PM »

I’m moving it from Tilt D to Tossup but closer to Tilt R than Tilt D
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:09:12 PM »

Could someone change the title to "Cramer In?"
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:55:59 PM »

Granted I know that barring a new 9/11 that this climate is much better from democrats than 2014 but Mary Landrieu, Evan Bayh, and Mark Pryor were all gifted retail politicians on tge same level as Heitkamp but it didn't stop them from getting curbstomped by boring candidates

None of these guys hold a candle to Heitkamp in terms of candidate quality, retail politics, charisma, etc.

Cramer entering probably moves it from Likely/Safe D to Lean/Likely D, but Heitkamp still has a significant advantage in this race. Cramer is probably the Republican candidate most likely to implode Akin-style IMO.

Is this his new New Hampshire? I've been out of the loop.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »

Sabato moved ND from Lean D to Tossup because of this, lol.

Not unreasonable given that he's a congressman and we need to see a poll on this even if he's a flawed candidate.

My thoughts pretty much. He got more votes than Heitkamp did in 2012, after all.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 10:57:23 PM »

Sabato moved ND from Lean D to Tossup because of this, lol.

Not unreasonable given that he's a congressman and we need to see a poll on this even if he's a flawed candidate.

My thoughts pretty much. He got more votes than Heitkamp did in 2012, after all.

12,000 more votes, what a monster. The Cramer vs Heitkamp 2012 comparisons hold no water anyway because those were such different elections with completely different circumstances.

And Heitkamp only won by 4000 against an absurdly damaged opponent in a year with Barack Obama on the ballot and is now running in a state that is directly feeling the benefits of a bill that Heitkamp voted against.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »

Heitkamp has no chance against a Republican with a proven record of winning that is well known and represented the entire state in Congress.

Again, more workers have moved there since then. And Berg was a disaster campaign-wise and still just barely lost.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 11:18:24 PM »

It's an internal poll for an election half a year away, and the internal has Cramer up by only five points.

Oh no, you don't get to pull that card. We have polls in Colorado showing Gardner slightly down almost 3 years out and you guys pronounce him dead. One Democratic internal shows McCaskill up in the margin of error and Hawley is a goner. Don't give me that selective crap.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »

It's an internal poll for an election half a year away, and the internal has Cramer up by only five points.

Oh no, you don't get to pull that card. We have polls in Colorado showing Gardner slightly down almost 3 years out and you guys pronounce him dead. One Democratic internal shows McCaskill up in the margin of error and Hawley is a goner. Don't give me that selective crap.
The difference is one is gonna win and one is gonna lose.

I'll hold you to this
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 10:30:11 PM »

Wrong, this race is Safe R and Heitkamp has no chance of re-election. Democrats should just give it up now

More seriously, Cramer is the best GOP candidate but Heitkamp won in North Dakota with no incumbency advantage. She's fine.

Again, so did Cramer and with more votes. Barack Obama isn't on the ballot and Trump is fairly popular in ND.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies