Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:31:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad  (Read 5773 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2017, 11:15:40 PM »

Clinton hack Neera Tanden & Former Dem leader & current lobbyist Howard Dean are asking for Gabbard to be defeated in a primary.

"People of Hawaii's 2nd District -- was it not enough for you that your rep met with a murderous dictator? Will this move you?" Tanden tweeted Friday in response to Gabbard's comments on CNN that she is "skeptical" Assad is responsible for the chemical attack.

Dean compared Gabbard's comments to President Donald Trump's Twitter blasts. "This is a disgrace. Gabbard should not be in Congress," the former Vermont governor tweeted. He later added, "She sounds like Trump making excuses."

Neera Tanden is on a Twitter spree. I don't agree with Gabbard here but I remember in Wikileaks exposing Tanden & others that all funding will be pulled from Gabbard & her being threatened about her political career. The power hungry Clinton machine maintains a hit list of political opponents who have refused to toe the line & it looks like Gabbard may be top of the list.

Excellent!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2017, 11:46:06 PM »

Clinton hack Neera Tanden & Former Dem leader & current lobbyist Howard Dean are asking for Gabbard to be defeated in a primary.

"People of Hawaii's 2nd District -- was it not enough for you that your rep met with a murderous dictator? Will this move you?" Tanden tweeted Friday in response to Gabbard's comments on CNN that she is "skeptical" Assad is responsible for the chemical attack.

Dean compared Gabbard's comments to President Donald Trump's Twitter blasts. "This is a disgrace. Gabbard should not be in Congress," the former Vermont governor tweeted. He later added, "She sounds like Trump making excuses."

Neera Tanden is on a Twitter spree. I don't agree with Gabbard here but I remember in Wikileaks exposing Tanden & others that all funding will be pulled from Gabbard & her being threatened about her political career. The power hungry Clinton machine maintains a hit list of political opponents who have refused to toe the line & it looks like Gabbard may be top of the list.

The establishment tolerates no dissent. They are the real purity trolls.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »

It eludes me as to why there is a following of any form behind Gabbard for 2020.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »

The only reason that Gabbard has any support for a presidential campaign is because she endorsed Sanders. Her record in the state legislature was more conservative, but she changed in order to get elected to Congress. It seems like a lot of people have not researched her background.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2017, 05:27:10 AM »

It eludes me as to why there is a following of any form behind Gabbard for 2020.
Because she is a charlatan who some think is progressive, when really she'll just throw about any group under the bus to get elected to higher office.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »

You guys realize there are other members of Congress who endorsed Sanders? And no one's talking about getting rid of them.

I don't recall anyone calling for a primary challenge to Raúl Grijalva.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »

She made a big show of quitting the DNC to support Sanders.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2017, 01:14:26 PM »

That is part of it, but I think it goes beyond that one event.  There seems to be a split in both parties now that is orthogonal to the left-right division on issues, but is a split of “establishment” vs. “anti-establishment”.  Gabbard does her best to signal affiliation with the “anti-establishment” faction, and her Glenn Greenwald-esque talking points on foreign policy are part of the appeal to her fans on Reddit and Facebook.  She stands out more than others in Congress on this dimension, and one other example is how she and Sanders are the only sitting members of Congress to be on the schedule for that Chicago “People’s Summit” in June that will also include a bunch of #BernieOrBust’ers:

So apparently there’s a new conference for “progressive activists” that’s been announced for June 9-11 in Chicago called “People’s Summit 2.0”.  The 2.0 is because there was also one held last year.  Bernie Sanders will be the keynote speaker:

http://www.thepeoplessummit.org

And according to this flyer, Tulsi Gabbard will be speaking there as well:

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

That is part of it, but I think it goes beyond that one event.  There seems to be a split in both parties now that is orthogonal to the left-right division on issues, but is a split of “establishment” vs. “anti-establishment”.  Gabbard does her best to signal affiliation with the “anti-establishment” faction, and her Glenn Greenwald-esque talking points on foreign policy are part of the appeal to her fans on Reddit and Facebook.  She stands out more than others in Congress on this dimension, and one other example is how she and Sanders are the only sitting members of Congress to be on the schedule for that Chicago “People’s Summit” in June that will also include a bunch of #BernieOrBust’ers:

So apparently there’s a new conference for “progressive activists” that’s been announced for June 9-11 in Chicago called “People’s Summit 2.0”.  The 2.0 is because there was also one held last year.  Bernie Sanders will be the keynote speaker:

http://www.thepeoplessummit.org

And according to this flyer, Tulsi Gabbard will be speaking there as well:

I still believe she has the potential to be a formidable primary candidate in 2020, especially if this thing in Syria escalates into an actual war.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »

She's got the following going for her for 2020

1) Youth
2) Military Experience
3) "Outsideryness/Berniecrat"
4) POC
5) Woman

She has the following working against her
1) Hawaii 2nd (no sizable base)
2) House of Reps for two terms (no experience)
3) Batsh**te crazy foreign policy
4) Better "Berniecrat" options (Warren in particular) with more consistent progressive records

I see no reason to think the first five outweigh the last four.... not even close.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2017, 04:58:04 PM by Mr. Morden »

I see no reason to think the first five outweigh the last four.... not even close.

Well, I don't think she's going to actually win the nomination.  The question for me is more: Could she become a significant "spoiler"-type candidate, who can actually get ~20% of the vote, and in some states do well enough to even win some primaries, a la Jerry Brown 1992?  (Or like a Democratic equivalent to the social conservative spoiler candidates we've seen in many Republican presidential primaries, going back to Robertson and Buchanan?  Or at least a Democratic equivalent to Ron Paul 2012?)  Or is she doomed to be Dennis Kucinich redux?

Also, on the fact that she only represents Hawaii's 2nd district....I'd just like to point out that Hawaii's 2nd district has a larger population than Vermont.  Tongue
Fusionmunster

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »

There are rumors about her facing a primary challenge. I wouldn't mind if she goes down thanks to her tone deafness on Syria and Assad. .
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2017, 04:19:49 PM »

She's got the following going for her for 2020

1) Youth
2) Military Experience
3) "Outsideryness/Berniecrat"
4) POC
5) Woman

She has the following working against her
1) Hawaii 2nd (no sizable base)
2) House of Reps for two terms (no experience)
3) Batsh**te crazy foreign policy
4) Better "Berniecrat" options (Warren in particular) with more consistent progressive records

It's batsh**t crazy to say that taking out Assad helps ISIS?
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2017, 04:24:26 PM »

There are rumors about her facing a primary challenge. I wouldn't mind if she goes down thanks to her tone deafness on Syria and Assad. .

Someone is refusing to tow the party line? Let's publicly slander them and call for a primary challenger.

Democratic logic 101. No wonder this party has so many problems.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2017, 04:33:42 PM by Fusionmunster »

Someone is refusing to tow the party line? Let's publicly slander them and call for a primary challenger.

Theres a difference between towing the party line and siding with a war criminal. I want her to be unseated because she not only met with Assad without telling anyone, but is now standing up for him against u.s intelligence reports.  

Edit:Also, LOL. Tulsi has done a good enough job of slandering herself without my help.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2017, 04:57:53 PM »

She would never make it through a primary, because she has a past of being a social conservative and that would get brought up. She is only a Democrat on account of how it's become nearly impossible to get elected without being one.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/851483536385126400

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »

Theres a difference between towing the party line and siding with a war criminal. I want her to be unseated because she not only met with Assad without telling anyone, but is now standing up for him against u.s intelligence reports.  

Edit:Also, LOL. Tulsi has done a good enough job of slandering herself without my help.

Like meeting with Assad is such a terrible thing? Also she's not standing up for him, she's an Iraq war veteran who wants to exercise caution before the US takes military action in Syria. Remember Iraq?

She literally said in a statement today that she would call for Assad's execution if he was found guilty by an international court, but they're best buds right? lol

JFC, when did the Democratic Party become so hawkish?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »

She won't. It won't even be close.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »

Gabbard will raise millions from Bernie fans and crush whomever primaries her and if she loses she will prob just run as an Indie. Plus who in her district even cares that much about Syria or even knows Assad is?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »

Is her primary challenger going to attack for not wanting to get involved in the ME?
Adam the Gr8
AM33
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.70

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »

Why is she even relevant?

Oh yeah, she endorsed Bernie...
Fusionmunster

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »

Is her primary challenger going to attack for not wanting to get involved in the ME?

The secret trip to Syria using other peoples money is probably a good place to start.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »

It's kind of surreal how some people are not able to distinguish the difference between "Oppose military intervention in Syria" and "Spout Assad's propaganda, pay him a friendly visit and then lie about how funded it to try to cover up that it was an anti-Semitic fascist group."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »

Possible Gabbard primary challengers being mentioned here:

http://www.civilbeat.org/2017/04/will-joe-souki-be-hawaiis-next-lt-gov/

Meanwhile, Gabbard did the first of several town halls back in her district last night, and got a warm reception:

http://www.civilbeat.org/2017/04/under-fire-in-dc-tulsi-is-still-a-hit-on-the-big-island/

I’m curious as to whether, if the institutional Democratic Party turns up the heat on Gabbard, and complicates her reelection efforts, does that make her more or less likely to run for prez in 2020 than she otherwise would have been inclined to do?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies