Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:52:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad  (Read 5768 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »

I mean COME ON.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »

More evidence she's #TerribleTulsi
politics_king
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:09:30 PM »

Yeah, that's not a good look for her. Smh
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »

I really hate her and her nonsensical foreign policy.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 09:15:54 PM »

She's gross.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 09:23:21 PM »

What's crazy is there are posters who I otherwise like who view Gabbard as the best possible 2020 candidate.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »

I'm already tired of American political icons who are hacks for foreign governments.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »

What's crazy is there are posters who I otherwise like who view Gabbard as the best possible 2020 candidate.
As far as I can tell, people on this forum are literally the only ones who think that.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »

She's the Democratic Trump.

(and I've seen people on other sites who worship her)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 10:23:34 PM »

As far as I can tell, people on this forum are literally the only ones who think that.

The Facebook group pushing her 2020 presidential candidacy actually has 26,000 members:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1273065276040925/
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 10:35:06 PM by Compassion Fills the Void »

The Facebook group pushing her 2020 presidential candidacy actually has 26,000 members:

That's less people than who voted for Martin O'Malley in Florida.

Hell to put things in perspective, Rocky de la Fuente received more votes than that...in both the primary and general election.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »

That's less people than who voted for Martin O'Malley in Florida.

But more than the number of posters on this forum, which is why I posted it in response to "people on this forum are literally the only ones who think that".
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »

The 2020 election will be a choice between a Putin agent and a Bashar Assad/Modi agent.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 11:05:36 PM »

The 2020 election will be a choice between a Putin agent and a Bashar Assad/Modi agent.

...or maybe it's possible that there might actually be relevant issues besides who the candidate endorsed in 2016. DailyKos was a pretty pro-Sanders site and they hate Tulsi as much as they hated Joe Lieberman in 2006.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »

HP
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 11:21:23 PM »

I remember there was a news story on Ellison once (this was before Perez entered the race) and someone commented that the Democrats are stifling progressives by not supporting Gabbard for DNC chair, despite the fact that she wasn't even running.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 11:38:00 PM »

PARIS (AFP) - A suspected chemical attack that killed at least 58 civilians in rebel-held north-western Syria has prompted widespread outrage and calls for international action.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said an air strike in Idlib province Tuesday which released "toxic gas" was likely carried out by government warplanes, a charge the regime denied.

GERMANY

German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said that if the Syrian regime had indeed carried out a chemical attack, "it would be an act of such cruelty as to be without equivalent", and "another reason we should not deal with the Assad regime in the fight against terrorism"

EUROPEAN UNION

European Union diplomatic chief Federica Mogherini said the Assad regime bore "primary responsibility" for the attack.

"Obviously there is a primary responsibility there of the regime because it has responsibility of protecting its people not attacking its people," she said.

UN WATCHDOG

The United Nations' chemical arms watchdog said it was "seriously concerned" by the reports.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said it was "gathering and analysing information from all available sources".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »

...or maybe it's possible that there might actually be relevant issues besides who the candidate endorsed in 2016. DailyKos was a pretty pro-Sanders site and they hate Tulsi as much as they hated Joe Lieberman in 2006.

All the Bernie people left DailyKos after Kos decided the primary was over in March and started banning people who criticized Hillary. It's another establishment hack site now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 11:50:17 PM by Shadows »

The Syrian National Coalition, an opposition group, said a gas similar to sarin was used in the attack, which it blamed on government planes. Syria's military rejected the accusation, saying in a statement that the army "denies using any toxic or chemical agents in Khan Sheikhoun today, and it did not and never will use it anywhere". Russia, which has been bombing rebel-held areas since September 2015 in support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces, also denied it was responsible for the attack.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres was "deeply disturbed" by the attack, his spokesman said, adding that the world body was "currently not in a position to independently verify" the reports of use of chemical weapons.

The draft text, seen by Reuters, says Syria's government must provide an international investigation with flight plans and logs for Tuesday, the names of all helicopter squadron commanders and provide access to air bases where investigators believe attacks using chemicals may have been launched.

Khan Sheikhoun residents said the attack began in the early hours of Tuesday morning, when they heard planes in the sky followed by a series of loud explosions, after which people very quickly began to show symptoms. They said they could not identify the planes. Both Syrian and Russian jets have bombed the area before.

Charles Duelfer, a chemical weapons expert in Washington, DC, said it was "unlikely" that the attack was not the work of the Syrian regime. "What changed is the nature of the agent," he told Al Jazeera. "There were previous cases where the OPCW and the UN have identified that the regime used a chemical but it's only been chlorine. This agent appears to be a military agent which is far more effective." Duelfer also said it was "puzzling" why government forces appeared to have resorted to using chemical weapons at a time when they are doing well militarily on the ground.

"They [chemical weapons] are not really serving a substantial military purpose. They can certainly spread terror, and they certainly seem to have a political effect although it's hard for me to calculate how that would be a positive thing for Bashar al-Assad right now - unless he wants to demonstrate that he's there, no matter what anyone else says or wants to do about it."

Source - Aj Jazeera
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 11:57:20 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 11:58:52 PM by Shadows »

Still don't understand why people are reacting like political hacks - The UN, Germany, EU & most bodies have asked for UN/International team led investigations to be completed at the earliest so that the guilty can be held accountable. Gabbard said the exact same thing. Only US, France & a few other governments have said Assad did this, most governments around the globe have asked for UN/International body to first conclude investigation & then hold Assad accountable.

While Assad is the most likely person who may have committed this war crime, this attack occurred in the strong-hold of Al Qaeda & ISIS held areas in the North & they have access to chemical weapons & have used it previously & no-one could even identify the planes.

So this thread is kind of pointless here !
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:15 AM »

Who exactly? The only people here I see who tout her as such are:

-Blue avatars and open Trump supporters.
-Fairly banal red avatars with triple digit post counts who mostly just quote empty #analysis about as insightful as your average Kingpoleon post.
-True Leftist boneheads who are about as progressive as Michael Tracey or H.A. Goodman.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 01:35:39 AM »

Still don't understand why people are reacting like political hacks - The UN, Germany, EU & most bodies have asked for UN/International team led investigations to be completed at the earliest so that the guilty can be held accountable. Gabbard said the exact same thing. Only US, France & a few other governments have said Assad did this, most governments around the globe have asked for UN/International body to first conclude investigation & then hold Assad accountable.

While Assad is the most likely person who may have committed this war crime, this attack occurred in the strong-hold of Al Qaeda & ISIS held areas in the North & they have access to chemical weapons & have used it previously & no-one could even identify the planes.

So this thread is kind of pointless here !
It's because Gabbard has a history of being overly friendly and positive towards Assad.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 01:50:52 AM »

Yes there will be such issues, and Tulsi will "be" on the right side of all of them, because she's the type of instinctive politician that does that sort of thing. Believe me, she is the frontrunner.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 02:14:04 AM »

Her statement is perfectly reasonable. She says the Syrian government might be responsible but it's not clear. How is that inaccurate? The Syrian government was blamed for a chemical attack once before and it turned out to be likely done by al Qaeda.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 02:15:09 AM »

If you think that Spain sunk the Maine, North Vietnam started the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and that Iraq had WMD, you will be very mad at Gabbard here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies