two states that are political opposites.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:45:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  two states that are political opposites.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: two states that are political opposites....  (Read 3207 times)
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« on: August 01, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »

i wish massachusetts would get back to liberalism.
You like Massachusetts, and you don't think it's liberal enough.  So why are you a Republican? 
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:24:36 PM »

Getting back on topic, I vote for Nevada and Utah.  Except for 1992 and 1996, both have voted Republican for the last few decades.  I find it funny that the state where slot machines are everywhere, prostitution is legal in the biggest city, and the alcohol and nicotine flow freely is next to the ultra-right-wing Mormon state where most adults don't even drink coffee, smoke, or drink alcoholic beverages.

The paradox: Nevada is closer to me politically, but my lifestyle would fit in better in Utah.  I rarely drink caffeine, I don't drink coffee, I think smoking is even more disgusting than oral sex, and even my drinking habits could pass for Mormon.  If you ignore my political views, my lack of a religious background, and the fact that polygamy seems creepy to me (OK, OK, it's been prohibited by the Mormon Church for a century), I look pretty good from a Mormon point of view.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies