TX-SEN: True to Form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:21:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 68
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 160097 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2018, 04:06:18 PM by UWS »

Maybe O'Rourke could use this against Cruz during the 2018 senate campaign in order to destroy him when talking economy by attacking him on his role in the lawsuit defending a Chinese company that stole an American invention and blueprints.

http://www.politifact.com/new-hampshire/statements/2016/feb/07/marco-rubio/rubio-attacks-cruz-role-lawsuit-defending-chinese-/
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2018, 03:56:28 PM »

Congressman Joaquin Castro said on the Daily Show yesterday that he believes Beto will win. Source.

I mean what else would he say
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »

Congressman Joaquin Castro said on the Daily Show yesterday that he believes Beto will win. Source.

Right?

“Hahaha, no Trevor, Beto’s screwed and this was a horrible decision for his career”
kyc0705

« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »

CANDIDATE: "I believe!"

CROWD: "I believe!"

CANDIDATE: "I believe that!"

CROWD: "I believe that!"

CANDIDATE: "I believe that we will lose!"

CROWD: "I believe that we will lose! I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL LOSE! I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL LOSE!"
cvparty
United States

« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2018, 04:31:22 PM »

ok so ted is probably more popular than trump in texas but beto‘s more popular than hillary too...idk i don’t actually see enough republicans defecting to give beto the win. ik houston/dallas/austin/san antonio are steadily taking more of the state’s population share and trending democratic by the day but i still don’t think it’s enough to overpower the ultra-republican rural areas
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »

ok so ted is probably more popular than trump in texas but beto‘s more popular than hillary too...idk i don’t actually see enough republicans defecting to give beto the win. ik houston/dallas/austin/san antonio are steadily taking more of the state’s population share and trending democratic by the day but i still don’t think it’s enough to overpower the ultra-republican rural areas

Doesn't necessarily have to be Republicans turning over, just indies sick of Cruz, Trump, or both; low GOP turnout; and high Democratic turnout.

I doubt Beto will pull it off barring a major development, but if he did, this is how he'd do it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2018, 04:34:29 PM »

Contrary to popular belief, the rural areas are not what make Texas super red. It is the sunbelt suburbs, and while the rural areas certainly do help, it is the suburbs that make Texas what it is.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »

Yeah while the rural areas are like 80-20 republican, they only account for about 15-20% of the state. The issue is the suburbs are just as red as the cities are blue.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »

Contrary to popular belief, the rural areas are not what make Texas super red. It is the sunbelt suburbs, and while the rural areas certainly do help, it is the suburbs that make Texas what it is.
no no i know, when i said houston/dallas/etc. i was talking about their metro areas, they make up a bulk of texas’s population but in 2016 they were only light blue (due to republican suburbs). even though the suburbs swung D majorly in 2016 they still brought down clinton’s margin by a lot to only like +6 in the most populous counties. then the massive 50+ republican margin in the remaining rural areas makes texas comfortably red

i’m not sure beto can keep/outdo clinton’s suburban performance
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2018, 11:38:31 PM »

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2018, 11:43:19 PM »

Isn't this Cruz's old outfit? Like they're going to come up with anything less than a double-digit Cruz lead, lol.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:42 PM »

Beto will be up, y’all, this race is over.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »

Isn't this Cruz's old outfit? Like they're going to come up with anything less than a double-digit Cruz lead, lol.

I thought that was WPA Intelligence. JMC is Louisiana-based.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2018, 12:03:59 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2018, 12:07:17 AM by Redneck Conservative »

one of mah coll-eegs over at Texahs said the followin "I don't know. I'm even seeing a lot of Beto signs in the yuppie Highland Park area outside of Dallas. Not sure if that area normally leans left, but I would be shocked if it does."

now this quote got me here thinkin' mah fellow 'merican Cruz is uh bout to get a bigger ass whoopin from Papa Beto than mah paps gave me as a lil lad, and boy was that smart.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2018, 01:02:48 AM »

one of mah coll-eegs over at Texahs said the followin "I don't know. I'm even seeing a lot of Beto signs in the yuppie Highland Park area outside of Dallas. Not sure if that area normally leans left, but I would be shocked if it does."

now this quote got me here thinkin' mah fellow 'merican Cruz is uh bout to get a bigger ass whoopin from Papa Beto than mah paps gave me as a lil lad, and boy was that smart.

i yoused ta think that beta was gonna get his effette twinky butt handed to him by ol lyin ted, but dat dere ol quinnipiac poll gave me second thoughts. looks like teddy might be headed to the woodshed thanks to the (((bushes))) and their clan getting revenge for jeb, plus all dem illegals floodin over the boarder.

i'll be ratin dis one likely d
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2018, 02:21:52 AM »

i yoused ta think that beta was gonna get his effette twinky butt handed to him by ol lyin ted, but dat dere ol quinnipiac poll gave me second thoughts. looks like teddy might be headed to the woodshed thanks to the (((bushes))) and their clan getting revenge for jeb, plus all dem illegals floodin over the boarder.

All Ted Cruz has to do to win back Highland Park is to admit that Trump was right regarding Cruz's father's complicity in the JFK assassination.

All he has to do to win elsewhere in the state is just to say "Brooklyn Beto."
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2018, 06:31:59 AM »

All Ted Cruz has to do to win back Highland Park is to admit that Trump was right regarding Cruz's father's complicity in the JFK assassination.

But O'Rourke is not even from Brooklyn.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2018, 07:19:30 AM »

But O'Rourke is not even from Brooklyn.

And? That’s politics.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2018, 08:56:35 AM »

Keyword: "REALLY" in capital letters.

Cruz is going to be up by double digits.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »

That's a lot of money in one month:

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2018, 11:48:19 AM »

Ok yeah Beto is definitely going to beat Cruz in money, question is if his message will resonate in the Suburbs of TX.

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

Ok yeah Beto is definitely going to beat Cruz in money, question is if his message will resonate in the Suburbs of TX.

He will do better than Hillary in the suburbs/urban areas of TX. The question is how much better? Rural TX is probably not swinging much at all to Beto given how polarized it is (it isn't like rural WI).
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2018, 11:54:50 AM »

He’ll have the resources to get his message out, more than most Democrats can say in Texas, that’s for sure
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2018, 12:15:42 PM »

Too bad Beto has to get through Gangsta Greg who has over $50 million in his bank account
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2018, 12:35:18 PM »

He will do better than Hillary in the suburbs/urban areas of TX. The question is how much better? Rural TX is probably not swinging much at all to Beto given how polarized it is (it isn't like rural WI).

Beto is likely winning the money race for money going directly to candidates, but will definitely loose the outside expenditures, by a lot especially since he refuses pac money. Outside spending is signifigant for TV advertisements.

I mean Ann Kirkpatrick outraged John McCain a for a couple financial quarters from what I remember(which should not have happened given McCain's name rec and prestige) however McCain got tons in outside spending, he's outside groups spent something like 10 million against Kelli Ward to paint her as a conspiracist.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies