The Forum Elite Conspiracy Flow Chart, by Harry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:00:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Forum Elite Conspiracy Flow Chart, by Harry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Forum Elite Conspiracy Flow Chart, by Harry  (Read 9860 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 12:24:40 AM »

And now people are on AIM and deleting the posts saying "Get on AIM" (Jake). The Conspiracy scrambles...
I was too lazy to send him a private message.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 12:44:17 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2005, 12:47:01 AM by Alcon »

Again, if there's a Forum Elite Conspiracy, it certainly sucks at getting things done - Harry was pretty much almost President, and we couldn't defeat an ex-Governor who violated constitutional law with a well-liked moderate conservative.

Or maybe we exist and we just suck. Sad
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2005, 12:45:48 AM »

You could fuck up the race though.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2005, 12:48:44 AM »

Again, if there's a Forum Elite Conspiracy, it certainly sucks at getting things done - Harry was pretty much almost President, and we couldn't defeat an ex-Governor who violated constitutional law with a well-liked moderate conservative.

Or maybe we exist and we just suck. Sad
Last month wasn't the FEC's best showing.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2005, 12:48:49 AM »

You mean the former governor who violated constitutional law, got reelected to half a term, which  he PROMPTLY QUIT?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2005, 12:53:41 AM »

Elitism can be very different things to the elitist and the nonelitist. The perspective, but not the view, is often better from the cheap seats.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 12:56:07 AM »

And cheezewhiz... he definitely needs on there. He did the whole Yoda thing for like a week.
He actually admitted that there's elitism problems after what happened when he appointed a Lt. Gov.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 01:31:11 AM »

nice chart.
but totally wrong.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 01:42:52 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2005, 01:50:44 AM by Supersoulty »

Now all we need is a scene where all of the non-elite people get wacked while in different parts of the world by Atlasian troops.  I guess that would be myself, Phil, Texasgurl, Al, Statesrights, Harry and PBrunsel.

Of course, I get to live, because I am Yoda and... PB can be Obi Wan.  The rest of you, sorry, it was a tough choice.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 01:45:16 AM »

And what is that in the distance... I think the Jedi Temple is buring.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 01:46:22 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2005, 06:59:44 AM by Porce »

Well, what changes would you make?  I disagree that Peter Bell is an elitist, myself (True Democrat is still his bitch though).
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 06:58:38 AM »

OK, here is why I do not believe Peter to be an elitist:

He announces Ilikeverin as his running mate for the June presidential elections, and here are some of the friendly reactions that greet this announcement:

That's not funny Peter.  Way to screw over my preferences, yet again.

Horrible choice. I hope that we don't have a federal pronounciation bill.

This is your running mate pick?  OK, good luck anyway.

Peter's reaction

I expected this reaction from some of you, and I was not surprised when you delivered as expected.

In recent months there has been a downward and spiralling trend in Atlasian politics that has lead to some people being deemed "unelectable" by some on the forum by simply virtue that they don't take the whole process as seriously as other people or because they aren't as good as it as others are. Ironically, another person before me has complained about this same political elitism, and now he's openly practicising it in this thread himself.

Its a system I'm tired of serving under and its one I fully intend on changing: Whilst fantasy politics has to be about a real political dialogue between various ideological factions, its also a game, and games are supposed to be fun - I despair at how people have taken to correcting other's spelling and grammar, as if it somehow makes them better.

Ilikeverin has been a member of this forum for a long time now - he's served our Republic in Regional government and he's been an active player in party politics, especially the "predecessor" to the ILP, AFIP. His contribution deserves to be recognised - he has brought the forum a lot of humour in his time here and through it he has contributed to the political dialogue of the forum.

I suppose in many ways the ticket represents much of what I feel Atlasia should be about - I represent a technocratic presence in the forum and I don't think its much of a stretch to say that I'm regarded as a heavy weight in the ideological dialogue. Verin represents the fun of our game that hopefully can attract newer members and make them feel more welcome rather than saying "Who are you?" to every newbie who wants to run for office - we need to foster this sort of enthusiasm because its what makes Atlasia great.

I'm proud to call Verin my running mate and I hope it will be my honour to have him serve our country as my Vice President.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 07:53:23 AM »

Its not an elite conspiracy, actually the elite is doing my bidding without being quite aware that they are; As Ebowed points out, I'm not really an elitist, but I need them to do things for my ultimate plans, and needs must. All in all, I've pulled off the same level of insane Machiavellianism and paranoid control freakery that Boss Tweed did without anybody really noticing. Harry did sort of cotton on, though he's never realised the full extent of whats gone on. Fortunately I had been able to completely discredit him.

For the record I have never used John Ford or htmldon in my scheming. The rigging of the StatesRights v. Dubya election didn't work because I wasn't involved in it particuarly. Of course, I got my puppet President at the last election by successfully forcing persons to play their hands early and in accordance with my wishes. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the unwitting accomplices.

True Democrat didn't really need recruitment oddly enough, he effectively threw himself on me and was willing to be manipulated by mere suggestion. I have my theories as to why he did this, but I'm not totally sure.

Verin was never involved as I have to confess I like him too much to do it to him; There was also a risk of independent thought.

I never really used Joe Republic or Gabu as they had occassional bouts of independent thought that are difficult to predict and factor in.

KEmperor, Keystone Phil, Alcon, Andrew Berger, MAS117, Colin, JFK, Ebowed, Supersoulty and a couple of others play so well into their templates - consistently they behaved exactly as I expected them to and did everything a puppet master could ever ask of them.

Slowly the ultimate targets of my actions began to cotton on; Oddly enough, Harry has never been a target, I just need to keep him discredited every so often so that none of the puppets start listening to him.

Texasgurl has never really been involved, I think she would just like to think she was. I would have used her more but she was quite unpredictable and never conformed to any of the generic templates.

I'd like to thank you all for playing this game with me for the last few months.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2005, 08:14:45 AM »

Besides me being your puppet, everything in that post is true; I'm just having hard time figuring out whether it's a joke or not.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »

Peter is like Chancellor Palpatine.  He's playing both sides, pretending to command the non-Elite, while really also commanding the Elite.  He'll get us to fighting, and then there'll be no one to stand in his way for him to take the ultimate power (the one JFK tried to take, and nobody cares, but if I'd done it I would've been banned)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »

Excellent. I shall now be known as Shadow #3.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2005, 09:34:22 AM »

You've kinda seemed like the leader before, Andrew.  I think you may be like the "face" of the organization or something, because even though Peter's obviously the emperor, you seem to always be at every FEC function.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 09:36:18 AM »

You've kinda seemed like the leader before, Andrew.  I think you may be like the "face" of the organization or something, because even though Peter's obviously the emperor, you seem to always be at every FEC function.

Yea. I'm the public relations official.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2005, 09:58:44 AM »

all I've got is Paint, so I can't really do anything good with this banner, but I could kinda do this:

True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2005, 10:42:53 AM »

Haha
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »

Besides me being your puppet, everything in that post is true; I'm just having hard time figuring out whether it's a joke or not.

You honestly think I would allow you to know that you are my puppet?!?

Search your feelings young one, you know it to be true.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »

Good chart, though I deny being part of any conspiracy. Cheesy
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2005, 11:30:49 AM »

We deny you too MAS.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2005, 11:40:07 AM »

We deny you too MAS.

OUCH!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2005, 12:08:20 PM »

He's only the second biggest elitist right behind KEmperor.

Care to back that up?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies