Name Two States That a Very Similar Politically... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:23:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Name Two States That a Very Similar Politically... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Name Two States That a Very Similar Politically...  (Read 4865 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« on: August 19, 2005, 01:02:01 AM »

I'd say MI and PA would be a good example. 
For the record, Michigan has some diversity as far as: Upper Peninsula-populist in as far as the term economically liberal, socially conservative goes, however only a small percentage (10% give or take) lives here.
most of the Lower Peninsula- conservative, for some part libertarian in that Republicans are hands off on gun control, taxes, and wanting a lot of programs.  However it's not to say all of the nonDetroit area Lower Peninsula is like this
Detroit-heavily Democrat.  Auto workers, blacks, welfare recipients, it's a big city, need I say more?
metro Detroit- THE political hotspot.  John Kerry and George Bush made multiple visits to the area in hopes to win it over.  Michigan is a swing state, but this is where the swing vote occurs.  Even to being so close as my home, 16 Mile Rd and south vote more Democratic, Warren is largely Democratic because of Detroit's influence and going north of 20 mile road there's more Bush support, more towns, more country area.

Hope this clarifies Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies