BREAKING: Comey "FBI is investigating links between the Trump campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Comey "FBI is investigating links between the Trump campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: BREAKING: Comey "FBI is investigating links between the Trump campaign  (Read 7866 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »

The good news is that if this goes the full way, the Republicans won't recover for this for a decade at least.

like after the financial meltdown of 2008 and the iraq war and all the other bush scandals?

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »

The good news is that if this goes the full way, the Republicans won't recover for this for a decade at least.

like after the financial meltdown of 2008 and the iraq war and all the other bush scandals?

I'd say this could potentially be bigger than Bush' scandals. Then again, the Republicans did manage to win a presidential election only six years after Watergate.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:30 PM »

Well I would say Trump could reflect worse on the GOP than W due to Trump's cult like following with the base
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 03:51:42 PM »

I'd say this could potentially be bigger than Bush' scandals. Then again, the Republicans did manage to win a presidential election only six years after Watergate.

The only constant in politics is that nothing is constant. When people say that X won't win again for [insert long timeframe], you can be sure they're wrong.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:58 PM »

My prediction: the person under investigation by the House Intelligence committee is the scapegoat and will be tossed duly under the bus and then Trump declares the whole thing over. Nunes said someone was under investigation. This should be fun to watch. Of course, naturally, there's a whole plethora of Trump officials who have unusually ... close ties to Moscow.

So, we'll see. It'll take a long while to suss out everything but I'm glad this is now a background to the Trump Administration.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »

English Pete's desperation and utter denial is just...... I mean.....  wow.
Wow, just wow, I can't even, just wow. Doesn't he know its the current year?

You mean we live in a year when research is at the fingertips of the average individual and things can be verified and disproven easier then ever? Yeah you do seem to be living in another time.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »

Say that at your own peril. The SJWs could sideline the Democratic Party for the next 10 years.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2017, 04:36:43 PM »

Say that at your own peril. The SJWs could sideline the Democratic Party for the next 10 years.

SJW has become a term to silence opinions. Ironic.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »

SJW are a huge problem for the left, and have been for years.

The SJW initiated the event that gave the AltRight its first mainstream momentum, the #GamerGate hastag in September 2014. #GamerGate did to games journalism what Trump did to Nate Silver and Vox two years later. It was the microcosm. People who hadn't been relevant in decades, like Christina Hoff Sommers, suddenly came out of the woodwork and became bigger than ever. The entire thing was initiated by an ill-fated SJW pushback against harassment directed at games developer Zoe Quinn. They got 10 games-related publications to publish articles against trolls in the games community all at once, and this ignited suspicions. Before this, the games media had apparently spent years injecting identity politics into games reviews, to the point where every video game was being reviewed for political correctness. They even alienated a metric ton of people who should have been on their side to begin with. When I was growing up, games were totally apolitical, and there was nothing wrong with that. The SJW intent is to help women and minorities, but they go about it the completely wrong way. They end up generating a huge amount of heat for very little positive action.

Anyway, the whole shebang was basically a trial run for 2016.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2017, 05:25:21 PM »

The SJW initiated the event that gave the AltRight its first mainstream momentum, the #GamerGate hastag in September 2014. #GamerGate did to games journalism what Trump did to Nate Silver and Vox two years later. It was the microcosm. People who hadn't been relevant in decades, like Christina Hoff Sommers, suddenly came out of the woodwork and became bigger than ever. The entire thing was initiated by an ill-fated SJW pushback against harassment directed at games developer Zoe Quinn. They got 10 games-related publications to publish articles against trolls in the games community all at once, and this ignited suspicions. Before this, the games media had apparently spent years injecting identity politics into games reviews, to the point where every video game was being reviewed for political correctness. They even alienated a metric ton of people who should have been on their side to begin with. When I was growing up, games were totally apolitical, and there was nothing wrong with that. The SJW intent is to help women and minorities, but they go about it the completely wrong way. They end up generating a huge amount of heat for very little positive action.

Of course Beet, that's the problem. Brilliant analysis
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »

Have to hand it to him, really wants to push this both sides narrative.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »

Have to hand it to him, really wants to push this both sides narrative.
Plot twist: Bronz is just Beet sh*tposting.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »

Is anybody else getting unnerved over how much power is being granted by the PTB to the FBI?

I am. I find it somewhat scary that the circumstances of the time have somehow made James Comey the most powerful FBI Director since Hoover.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »

hhhhahahahaha wow
EnglishPete

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »

English Pete's desperation and utter denial is just...... I mean.....  wow.
Wow, just wow, I can't even, just wow. Doesn't he know its the current year?

You mean we live in a year when research is at the fingertips of the average individual and things can be verified and disproven easier then ever? Yeah you do seem to be living in another time.
What exactly "verified or disproven" things are you talking about here?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »

See my new sig picture for a visual representation of English Pete.
EnglishPete

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2017, 06:41:48 PM »

Excellent. The investigation continues apace ... slow, but surely, we'll get the goods on Trumpy. Pleased to see the House and Senate Democrats refusing to give up.
If by 'the goods' you mean the alleged collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. Because so far all that they've come up with is a lot of nothing.
EnglishPete

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »

Looking at one particular answer Comey gave today which raises questions

"They [the Russians] were unusually loud in their intervention. It’s almost as if they didn’t care that we knew."

He's referring here to the 'fingerprints' of the hacking which were undisguised and blatant. Now someone might look at that and think that that's some kind of false flag. Or Comey has an alternative explanation

“I don’t know the answer for sure. Their number one mission is to undermine the credibility of the entire democracy enterprise. Of this nation. Their loudness in a way would be counting on us to amplify... and freaking people out.”

What? So he's saying that the Russians hacked the DNC so that they'd get caught hacking the DNC and as a result people would lose faith in Democracy because reasons and then that would help Putin because reasons. That's the most absurd nonsense I ever heard.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »

"They [the Russians] were unusually loud in their intervention. It’s almost as if they didn’t care that we knew."

He's referring here to the 'fingerprints' of the hacking which were undisguised and blatant. Now someone might look at that and think that that's some kind of false flag. Or Comey has an alternative explanation

“I don’t know the answer for sure. Their number one mission is to undermine the credibility of the entire democracy enterprise. Of this nation. Their loudness in a way would be counting on us to amplify... and freaking people out.”

What? So he's saying that the Russians hacked the DNC so that they'd get caught hacking the DNC and as a result people would lose faith in Democracy because reasons and then that would help Putin because reasons. That's the most absurd nonsense I ever heard.
The spinning you are attempting to do is ammussing to say the least.
EnglishPete

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:02 PM »

Do you have any evidence of this alleged Trump/Russia collusion because so far no one else has come up with any?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »

Do you have any evidence of this alleged Trump/Russia collusion because so far no one else has come up with any?
I'm not the FBI.  If there is evidence, they will have it.  Until then, boldly proclaiming there is no evidence is premature.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

I'm not the FBI.  If there is evidence, they will have it.  Until then, boldly proclaiming there is no evidence is premature.
Said it better than I could.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »

This might just be a funny sh!tpost, Idk.

But there's no way a significant number of Americans went to the polls to vote for Trump or against Clinton because of gamer gate and SJWism. Maybe that's the case with some younger voters though, but young people don't vote much anyhow.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »

total OT but ofc gaming is much more mature today and is able to represent a much bigger audience, who likes many many many different products, from simple, classical gameplay purism to elaborated world and narratives and ofc, the more complec worldbuilding becomes, the more "reality" becomes part of gaming.

otherwise....using nate silver as kind of an archetype loser of 2016 is ironic, since he was among the most bullish on trump all the time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2017, 12:05:35 AM »

total OT but ofc gaming is much more mature today and is able to represent a much bigger audience, who likes many many many different products, from simple, classical gameplay purism to elaborated world and narratives and ofc, the more complec worldbuilding becomes, the more "reality" becomes part of gaming.

otherwise....using nate silver as kind of an archetype loser of 2016 is ironic, since he was among the most bullish on trump all the time.

It is true that gaming is a very expansive subculture (for lack of a better word), but the money that is spent on video games is still rather concentrated in certain segments of the population. A big part of the impetus behind GamerGate was the gaming press pushing the absurd idea that a middle-aged woman playing Farmville for free on Facebook is somehow just as good a target for gaming products as a young man who pays $50 to buy the latest Call of Duty game, and therefore game developers should stop catering to the latter demographic (which comprises a disproportionate amount of revenue for developers). There's nothing wrong with middle-aged women playing Farmville, but it's obvious why companies are not focusing on them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies