IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:45:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 68442 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »

He enables war criminals and is complicit in the erosion of our fundamental civil liberties. I would rather have Rand Paul representing me than authoritarian, war mongering trash like Donnelly.

Are people here still pretending Rand Paul is some kind of maverick? I must have teleported 4 years back in time.

Yeah. I also think Donnelly is a spineless moron, but the comparison is ridiculous.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »

He enables war criminals and is complicit in the erosion of our fundamental civil liberties. I would rather have Rand Paul representing me than authoritarian, war mongering trash like Donnelly.

Are people here still pretending Rand Paul is some kind of maverick? I must have teleported 4 years back in time.

The level of whataboutism and excessive hyperbole that some of these green avatars go to sometimes to justify their “centrism/#bothsides” schtick is absurd

He has a Barbara Lee sig which seems to suggest he's a true leftist and not a centrist, which makes support for Rand Paul over Donnelly even more hilarious.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »

The level of whataboutism and excessive hyperbole that some of these green avatars go to sometimes to justify their “centrism/#bothsides” schtick is absurd

He has a Barbara Lee sig which seems to suggest he's a true leftist and not a centrist, which makes support for Rand Paul over Donnelly even more hilarious.

Not a leftist. Pacifist. There are a small number of Republicans, Paul included, who are better on matters of war and peace and/or civil liberties than Democrats. Paul is a useless coward on a number of domestic issues, but he's at least consistent on non-interventionism and broadly on civil liberties. Donnelly is worse on those issues and, therefore, a worse representation of my viewpoints.
new_patomic

« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2018, 01:18:40 PM »

Rand Paul is a '''''libertarian'''''

He loves to tease a no vote here and there but sticks entirely to the Republican line.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »

]
[/url]

He loves to tease a no vote here and there but sticks entirely to the Republican line.

Per 538's scorecard, Paul has voted with Trump 74.0% of the time, which is the lowest percentage of any Republican Senator (Collins is second at 78.9%), but higher than any Democrat (Manchin is the highest at 60.5%; Donnelly is third at 54.7%).
new_patomic

« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

]
[/url]

Per 538's scorecard, Paul has voted with Trump 74.0% of the time, which is the lowest percentage of any Republican Senator (Collins is second at 78.9%), but higher than any Democrat (Manchin is the highest at 60.5%; Donnelly is third at 54.7%).
He'll vote against appropriations bills because deficit and make the occasional stand on spying. Big woop.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2018, 08:33:12 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 09:53:47 AM by Hindsight is 2020 »

Well it’s kind of a poll but Politico has an article on the race and both sides internals have that race “essentially tied”. So nothing seems to have changed from Braun +1 https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/joe-donnelly-indiana-senate-midterms-2018-772506
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2018, 08:50:36 AM »

Well it’s kind of a poll but Politico has an article on the race and both sides internals have that race “essentially tied”. So nothing seems to have changed from Brain +1 https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/joe-donnelly-indiana-senate-midterms-2018-772506
well, I guess thats something, but if the race is tied at this moment in the cycle, then Donelly is favored to win reelection.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2018, 08:55:17 AM »

Well it’s kind of a poll but Politico has an article on the race and both sides internals have that race “essentially tied”. So nothing seems to have changed from Brain +1 https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/joe-donnelly-indiana-senate-midterms-2018-772506

So it’s gone from Tossup to Tossup!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2018, 09:20:22 AM »

I mean,
The idea that Donnelly is a generic dem politician is a myth. And he has been underestimated many times.

It's a toss up but he's definitely not an underdog.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »

Well it’s kind of a poll but Politico has an article on the race and both sides internals have that race “essentially tied”. So nothing seems to have changed from Braun +1 https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/joe-donnelly-indiana-senate-midterms-2018-772506

That's reassuring actually.
aaroncd107

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.00

« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »

just gonna drop this here...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1odR1vw2PmB2oArwqKL0dl1cJrEGB0tiE
Donnelly +12? My first thought was: “YES,” but this can’t be true, can it? Already with a majority?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #387 on: August 15, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »

just gonna drop this here...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1odR1vw2PmB2oArwqKL0dl1cJrEGB0tiE
Donnelly +12? My first thought was: “YES,” but this can’t be true, can it? Already with a majority?
Flawed poll.  Check the crosstabs.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: August 15, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »

The poll with Joe+12 is a datapoint, but we shouldnt take it seriously. There are soooo many problems with it.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #389 on: August 15, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »

I mean,
The idea that Donnelly is a generic dem politician is a myth. And he has been underestimated many times.

It's a toss up but he's definitely not an underdog.

I didn’t say he was. He’s a good politician in a tough state. I think it’s a Tossup.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

Ok, an R internal with Donnelly+12? This is obviously flawed but what is the reasoning behind this? Is this a "Look how far behind we are guys! Give us money to take down Mexico Joe!" poll?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »

That's reassuring actually.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:35 PM »

Wow. Check out Mexico Joe's latest ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=VmD8fYF4Rzg

It's clear he's down bigly to Mike Braun if he's putting up overtly pro-Trump ads.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »

It's clear he's down bigly to Mike Braun if he's putting up overtly pro-Trump ads.
lmao
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »

Cringe, Manchin has done something similar too, oh well, they have free pass cards to do anything to win, so do what's necessary ma bois.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »

I think Mike Braun was Joe Donnelly's worst-case scenario. His "outsider businessman" persona seems to be very popular among Republican voters lately, and he has a lot of money to spend.

In addition, state AG Curtis Hill is trying to cancel those new early voting sites from opening in Marion County. If he is successful, that only hurts Donnelly's chances.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »

I think Mike Braun was Joe Donnelly's worst-case scenario. His "outsider businessman" persona seems to be very popular among Republican voters lately, and he has a lot of money to spend.

In addition, state AG Curtis Hill is trying to cancel those new early voting sites from opening in Marion County. If he is successful, that only hurts Donnelly's chances.
there is a downside to Braun, however, and that is his own strength. He is an unknown, a candidate nobody knows in the state. He has to spend a lot to boost his name rec. And to top that off, he is an unvetted candidate. With the other two, you knew what problems they had, but Braun, its all unknown. Its already been found out that he shipped jobs oversees to China, and there could be much more.

Braun will either flame out, or win
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2018, 09:00:24 PM »

Cringe, Manchin has done something similar too, oh well, they have free pass cards to do anything to win, so do what's necessary ma bois.

What a poorly done ad. The part in the middle where Donnelly flimsily talks into the camera from driving the RV is just LOL

You can tell that was filmed in Indiana too because he kept hitting potholes every couple of seconds
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »

The race is going to be very close. Gun to my head, Braun wins.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: August 20, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »

What a poorly done ad. The part in the middle where Donnelly flimsily talks into the camera from driving the RV is just LOL

You can tell that was filmed in Indiana too because he kept hitting potholes every couple of seconds

LOL
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies