Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:29:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.  (Read 27372 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »

You are 100% right, EnglishPete. The whole charade is folding quicker than Badger at a poker game.

Really not sure where you're coming from, son, but I can tell you from experience if we ever play Texas Hold'um together you'd better save a $20 in your shoe for cab fare home..
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »

Breitbart isn't a legitimate source.
I'm sure they'll be devastated that you don't consider them a legitimate news source

You must be logged in to read this quote.
No, I've demonstrated rather well that you fervent faith in this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory isn't justified by the evidence without needing to try any harder.

LOL. A foaming at the mouth Trump hater has declared he doesn't take me seriously, oh woe is me.

Because all you've got is a story on a fake news website.

You just refuse to see that you might've helped to elect an actual traitor.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2017, 10:03:13 AM »

You are 100% right, EnglishPete. The whole charade is folding quicker than Badger at a poker game.

Really not sure where you're coming from, son, but I can tell you from experience if we ever play Texas Hold'um together you'd better save a $20 in your shoe for cab fare home..
We use Uber now old man Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »

We use Uber now old man Tongue

Heheh. Touche. Grin

And my oldest friend--my age--even drives for Uber! left myself open for that one.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »

No surprise here, Trump has no other info except the Breitbart article according to AP.

https://apnews.com/eae4bee334fb4e358bfb1217d3e0ee74
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »

and that after a week of conway and spicer driving the "the president knows more than you!"-message.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

Wow. Former UK Conservative MP Louise Mensch was just on MSNBC saying that the FBI obtained a FISA warrant to investigate a Russian bank doing business with Trump associates in Trump Tower, although there was no wiretapping. She stated point blank that if this is the investigation Trump tweeted about, he committed obstruction of justice by confirming the existence of a secret investigation.

Here's her original story, published in Heat Street the day before the election:
https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/

Now, IIRC, she's a pretty outspoken political figure, so who knows if she has some other motivations at play here. But at the same time, she seems like the exact kind of person who would come to Trump's defense.

From her Wikipedia:
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

i would love this, but miss mensch is a bigger trump critic than i am - i think that says a lot.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »

Wow. Former UK Conservative MP Louise Mensch was just on MSNBC saying that the FBI obtained a FISA warrant to investigate a Russian bank doing business with Trump associates in Trump Tower, although there was no wiretapping. She stated point blank that if this is the investigation Trump tweeted about, he committed obstruction of justice by confirming the existence of a secret investigation.

Here's her original story, published in Heat Street the day before the election:
https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/
There is no doubt that Trump just listened to Levin/Breitbart, but if true (highlighted) would this really be a "obstruction of justice"?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »

I think Trump should experience some negative ramifications for his reprehensible behavior.

You just don't tweet WITHOUT EVIDENCE that the last President wiretapped your offices. How stupid is that?

He needs to start paying for his utter incompetence. Throw the book at him.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »

I think Trump should experience some negative ramifications for his reprehensible behavior.

You just don't tweet WITHOUT EVIDENCE that the last President wiretapped your offices. How stupid is that?

Careful. We're not that far from an America where talking online about throwing things at President Trump will be, if not explicitly illegal, grounds for some sort of quasi-legal executive branch punishment.
EnglishPete

« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2017, 03:56:21 PM »

What should the negative ramifications of throwing about evidence free accusations and insinuations of Trump plotting with the Russians? Or should there only be negative ramifications when people draw conclusions based on some of those same articles that the Trump haters don't like?

Your comment reminds me of something I read in American Thinker this morning

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/03/best_guessing_trump.html
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »

Careful. We're not that far from an America where talking online about throwing things at President Trump will be, if not explicitly illegal, grounds for some sort of quasi-legal executive branch punishment.

You may be right, but frankly I am the least of Trump's worries.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2017, 04:04:14 PM »

much more fitting if the mental picture of a bully who pushes other persons around and whines the loudest if someone fights back.....or stabs someone when he gets pushed.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2017, 04:05:15 PM »

What should the negative ramifications of throwing about evidence free accusations and insinuations of Trump plotting with the Russians? Or should there only be negative ramifications when people draw conclusions based on some of those same articles that the Trump haters don't like?

Your comment reminds me of something I read in American Thinker this morning

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/03/best_guessing_trump.html

You are changing the subject. Trump is the President and he has been engaging in reprehensible behavior. And there ought to be ramifications for it. He needs to gain self-awareness and stop coming from his big fat EGO and all his delusions, and start living in REALITY.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2017, 11:48:22 PM »

Okay, so Obama wire tapped Trump Tower.  That was probaby one of the best things he ever did.  He had the power to do it, so he did.  I sure as hell am not going to lose sleep over it.  The president did the right thing, making sure there was no illegal stuff going on. 
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:14 PM »

Hey, remember when the White House called on congress to investigate this? Congress is calling their bluff today. http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/intelligence-deadline-wiretaps/

yankeesfan
« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/sean-spicer-donald-trump-wiretapping/

Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

Wiretapping is a narrowly defined surveillance activity that involves tapping into "a telephone or telegram wire in order to get information," according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Spicer also said that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly -- and not accusing Obama of personal involvement -- when he tweeted that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower" and accused Obama of being a "bad" or "sick guy."

A week earlier, Spicer said Trump's tweet "speaks for itself" and declined to provide any further explanation.

But Monday, Spicer was open to providing an interpretation for Trump's tweet, saying the President told Spicer he was referring to means of surveillance beyond wiretapping in his tweets accusing Obama of doing just that.

---------

I'm glad we finally have a president "telling it like it is"
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2017, 04:57:54 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/sean-spicer-donald-trump-wiretapping/

Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

Wiretapping is a narrowly defined surveillance activity that involves tapping into "a telephone or telegram wire in order to get information," according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Spicer also said that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly -- and not accusing Obama of personal involvement -- when he tweeted that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower" and accused Obama of being a "bad" or "sick guy."

A week earlier, Spicer said Trump's tweet "speaks for itself" and declined to provide any further explanation.

But Monday, Spicer was open to providing an interpretation for Trump's tweet, saying the President told Spicer he was referring to means of surveillance beyond wiretapping in his tweets accusing Obama of doing just that.

---------

I'm glad we finally have a president "telling it like it is"

Translation of Spicer's remarks: Sessions has told the White House that the DOJ and FBI will not be backing up President Pussygrabber's deplorable claims.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »

The DOJ is asking for more time to turn that evidence over to congress. Hmmm...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/intelligence-deadline-wiretaps/
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »

LOL, how much time exactly? Till January 21, 2021?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2017, 06:12:49 PM »

LOL, how much time exactly? Till January 21, 2021?

24th century at least
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2017, 07:26:10 PM »

Less than 60 days in, and the REPUBLICAN chairman of the House Intelligence Committee is threatening to to subpoena the Trump regime for refusing to provide information backing up the President's unprecedented assertions and his threats against his predecessor. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/intelligence-deadline-wiretaps/

I'm not sure whether to be more horrified at the fact this is happening at all, or disgusted by the way Trumpolini and his cronies are incompetent at everything, even at being villains.
EnglishPete

« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2017, 07:49:17 PM »

Hey, remember when the White House called on congress to investigate this? Congress is calling their bluff today. http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/intelligence-deadline-wiretaps/

So they're finally asking for the information about whether of not there was surveillance of the Trump campaign during the election and what that consisted of. It'll be interesting to hear what that was.
EnglishPete

« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »

Possible surveillance of a Presidential campaign could potentially involve a number of different parties and agencies. I would imagine the DOJ want to be thorough in their response and to make sure that they've located all possible records relating to this matter before responding.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies