2008: Hillary Clinton vs Rudy Giuliani
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:20:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008: Hillary Clinton vs Rudy Giuliani
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008: Hillary Clinton vs Rudy Giuliani  (Read 919 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:21:09 AM »
« edited: February 11, 2017, 04:33:40 AM by Old School Republican »

the favorites to win the nomination in   2007 actually win , and face off  what do you think the map would be.

Here's what I would think would happen:

Hillary 389
Giulani 149

Without the crash here's what I think happens

Hillary 301
Giuliani 237

President Underwood

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »

While I agree Hillary would win (no real way for the GOP to win in '08) I'm confused by the direction you have some states going.

One the first map, I agree Montana could go Dem, but it seems Colorado would as well. I also think Kentucky and West Virginia would stay with the GOP, considering West Virginia was the strongest red state, and Kentucky was also up there. Also, I could see Arkansas going GOP easily, though Hillary would have an bigger advantage there than Obama did.

The second map has fewer problems, though having West Virginia going Dem while having Florida and Virginia go GOP doesn't make sense at all.

As a slight disclaimer, I'm new here, so apologies if I've completely misinterpreted this post in some way.
President Underwood

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »

Lol, Clinton wouldn't have won Montana (haha), Indiana, Kentucky and probably not even Arkansas.

Honestly, it's not so much that she won Montana, after all, Obama only lost it by 2 points and Hillary is probably more right wing than him, but it's that she won it while losing Colorado. I mean, Colorado leans way, way, way more Dem than Montana, so if Montana goes blue (err, red) Colorado almost certainly would.

On another note, I think she would do better in Indiana than Arkansas, but that's mostly semantics.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »

While I agree Hillary would win (no real way for the GOP to win in '08) I'm confused by the direction you have some states going.

One the first map, I agree Montana could go Dem, but it seems Colorado would as well. I also think Kentucky and West Virginia would stay with the GOP, considering West Virginia was the strongest red state, and Kentucky was also up there. Also, I could see Arkansas going GOP easily, though Hillary would have an bigger advantage there than Obama did.

The second map has fewer problems, though having West Virginia going Dem while having Florida and Virginia go GOP doesn't make sense at all.

As a slight disclaimer, I'm new here, so apologies if I've completely misinterpreted this post in some way.

Look at this: this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_Hillary_Clinton_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2008#/media/File:McCainClintonMatchup.png

West Virginia only became a safe GOP state after 2008
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2017, 06:26:49 PM by Old School Republican »

Lol, Clinton wouldn't have won Montana (haha), Indiana, Kentucky and probably not even Arkansas.

2008 Clinton was still popular in Appalachia. Plus Guilani is a not a Social Conservative(he even said he supported roe vs wade in one of the  gop debates) so he wont be able to overwhelmingly win their votes, and certainly wont be able to get them turnout in high numbers.

Bush in 2000 won Arkansas and WV by less then 5 and Rudy is a way worse fit for those states then Bush was, and Hillary is a way better fit for those states then Gore was, and the GOP was significantly more unpopular in 2008 then 2000.

If you want to beat Hillary in 2008 you need two things to happen: 1. no crash, 2. Someone who can beat her in WV, AK,Missouri  while not losing Ohio, Or Florida. Only one candidate can do that and thats Mitt Romney.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »

329: Hillary Clinton/Evan Bayh - 51.8%
209: Rudy Giuliani/Elizabeth Dole - 45.2%
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies