Third Party Political Signs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:27:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Third Party Political Signs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Third Party Political Signs  (Read 2832 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »

Did you see any?

I just saw a Gene Amondson (Prohibition Party candidate) sign in a rural area near Port Townsend, Wash., the other day.  Odd, considering he was not on the Washington State ballot.

My parents mentioned seeing a Badnarik sign, I recall, and I may have seen a Nader bumper sticker, but otherwise nothing.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:31:31 AM »

I saw a Nader sticker and a Badnarik sticker. The Constitution Party is quite large in PA, so about a week before the election they went on a massive sign placing whilwind in Scranton and I must've seen around 25 Clymer or Peroutka signs just in one section of town. Didn't really help Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 12:33:42 AM »

i saw alot of Clymer and Badnarik signs. i saw one Peroutka sign. no bumper stickers. (unless you count bumperstickers that are both anti-Kerry and Anti-Bush as 3rd party bumperstickers)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 12:36:28 AM »

I've seen one for the extreme-right wing senate candidate Jimmy Clymer last year. Other than that, no.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 01:06:14 AM »

About a month ago I saw a Harry Brown bumber sticker. Smiley

Seriously though, I really hate it when people don't remove their bumper stickers for months and months after the election - are they really so lazy that they can't take the time to do something that simple?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 01:07:27 AM »

About a month ago I saw a Harry Brown bumber sticker. Smiley

Seriously though, I really hate it when people don't remove their bumper stickers for months and months after the election - are they really so lazy that they can't take the time to do something that simple?
yes. i still see tons of signs where i live.
danwxman

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 01:21:16 AM »

I've seen one for the extreme-right wing senate candidate Jimmy Clymer last year. Other than that, no.

Same here. We probably saw the same guy, lol.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 01:24:33 AM »

For some reason in the very socially libeal area of Montco there were a bunch of Clymer signs that read "Pro-life" or "Pro-Gun".  I think I saw more Clymer signs than Specter signs.

I saw one or two signs each for Nader and Badnarik.  When I was interning at Schwartz' office in the heart of Jenkintown (a place whose views on social issues are close to opebos it seems) I saw a car with a Peroutka bumper sticker and another that read "You can't be Catholic and pro-choice."
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 01:25:30 AM »

Same here. We probably saw the same guy, lol.
Depends. Where do you live?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 01:27:43 AM »

I see quite a few of these:

Very few of these:

Never any of these:

(The Nationals, who only run in rural and regional electorates)

Also never see Family First.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 03:20:31 AM »

There were many green party signs around last election. But they're more of a "fourth party". I also remember seeing a sign for the "Progressive Canadian" party - an offshoot of disgruntled former Progressive Conservatives.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 02:16:40 PM »

Well, it was a while ago, but I remember a clever libertarian bumper sticker - "I'm pro-choice on everything".
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 02:26:22 PM »

There were many green party signs around last election. But they're more of a "fourth party". I also remember seeing a sign for the "Progressive Canadian" party - an offshoot of disgruntled former Progressive Conservatives.
So no Christian Heritage Party signs? Tongue
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 02:30:44 PM »

Not where I live, they didnt run any candidates in the city.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 07:49:52 PM »

I've read about Clymer. He's far from "extreme".
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 07:53:18 PM »

I saw one Peroutka sign in a yard, and one Badnarik bumper sticker.  The Peroutka sign is still there, in a rather unkept yard with a 70's era car parked out front.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 09:51:01 PM »

I've read about Clymer. He's far from "extreme".
So he's mainstream?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 09:52:46 PM »

I didn't know you lived in a city. Which one, Toronto?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 09:54:39 PM »

I think he lives in Ottawa.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 09:55:37 PM »

Oh, okay. That makes sense, then.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 12:20:51 AM »

Yes I do live in Ottawa. The closest CHP candidate was in Glengarry-Prescott-Russell which consists of a small part of the city, but that's about it. Anyways, how does "that make sense"? 
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 12:26:13 AM »

Yes I do live in Ottawa. The closest CHP candidate was in Glengarry-Prescott-Russell which consists of a small part of the city, but that's about it. Anyways, how does "that make sense"? 
If you live in Ontario, and you live in a city, you most likely live in Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, or Mississauga. Sorry if it sounded mean, it wasn't supposed to be. Cry I just read it again, and I see why are you are asking that question.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2005, 12:30:56 AM »

If you live in Ontario, and you live in a city, you most likely live in Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, or Mississauga. Sorry if it sounded mean, it wasn't supposed to be. Cry I just read it again, and I see why are you are asking that question.

No, no, s'ok. Ontario has many cities though of course- many large cities. But, anyways- Toronto is the enemy, and it must be crushed Smiley Canadians outside Toronto despise it, because of the whole "Centre of the Universe" thing.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2005, 12:34:03 AM »

No, no, s'ok. Ontario has many cities though of course- many large cities. But, anyways- Toronto is the enemy, and it must be crushed Smiley Canadians outside Toronto despise it, because of the whole "Centre of the Universe" thing.
Kind of like NYC and LA here. Cheesy
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2005, 02:04:38 AM »

Kind of like NYC and LA here. Cheesy

Yes, precisely. I was unaware of LA, but I know you guys aren't too fond of New Yorkers Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies