McInnes assaulted at NYU. Pepperspayed. Professor advocated violence. 11 arrests
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:43:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McInnes assaulted at NYU. Pepperspayed. Professor advocated violence. 11 arrests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: McInnes assaulted at NYU. Pepperspayed. Professor advocated violence. 11 arrests  (Read 4728 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »

This is insane. This is not normal. This is something you expect from religious cultists.

I thought discrimination and hate were fine as long as they were based on religion?

Probably agitators hired by the Trump regime or its supporters anyway. We have plenty of evidence of them doing similar things:
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/20/fec-inadvertently-confirms-donald-trump-paid-actors-attend-announcement-event.html
http://www.inquisitr.com/3872373/trump-inauguration-sting-operation-conservative-group-caught-trying-to-pay-liberals-to-riot/

And even if they weren't, while facing legal punishment is certainly appropriate consequence for violent protest, I'm not going to get upset that people are trying to smash fascism.  (Although the fascists in the Pussygrabber regime are probably worried.)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 01:11:37 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 01:14:38 PM by TD »

I hope JJC's condescending tsk-tsk'ing over time causes more people here  to agree with the protestors.

No one but loons agree with you. You and your fascists cultist are an extreme minority and always will be.

You angry, bigoted, hateful people will always be a minority. Always. It may not seem like it to you, because people like you surround yourselves with like-minded cultists. But your ideas are horrible and your means of achieving them are even worse.

That's all you are; an angry, hateful, spiteful person who dreams of hurting people you don't like. 'Nazi' to you is just an insult. A 'Nazi' is a person you don't like. When you advocate 'punching nazi's', what you are really saying is; 'I support hurting people who I don't agree with'.

Which happens to be the vast majority of the country.

Because you are not normal. You never will be. Fortunately though, decent people far outnumber the violent radicals.

ummm Hillary won by 2.865 million votes. Barack Obama by 4 million votes and 10 million. I'm afraid he has more people on his side than you do on yours.

What uhm, "vast majority of the country" are you talking about? 40% of the country wants to impeach your God-Emperor.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »

In any case, while I will play the world's smallest violin for Nazis and racial white supremacists being punched in the face, I will say that peacefully protesting these lunatics is far more effective. Don't say anything, show up with signs and peacefully demonstrate and show that these lunatics aren't representative of the country.

The protesters aren't bigots. The protesters rightfully hate that the supremacists are out of the woodwork. While they're being a little too enthusiastic, let's face it. People like McManiss and Spencer are pond scum and people who rise to their defense from the right make me wonder why they're actually defending these people.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »

I watched a Gavin McInnes video once, he was yelling at fat girls or something.  It was weird to watch, but I don't see how he's a Nazi.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »

Spencer, McIniss, whoever, the white supremacists are just kind of like faceless cockroaches coming out of the woodwork.

Did JJC condemn the guy? Or Spencer? I mean, tonally, there's not even a "This guy is a total cuck, but hey, this is bad, guys." Just a straight up condemnation of the left.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »

Did JJC condemn the guy? Or Spencer? I mean, tonally, there's not even a "This guy is a total cuck, but hey, this is bad, guys." Just a straight up condemnation of the left.
Bothsidesism does not apply to violence, especially on a college campus.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 01:21:52 PM »

Bothsidesism does not apply to violence, especially on a college campus.

It's just interesting the rhetorical strategy employed by JJC. There's no fig leaf of "Oh, this guy is bad, but you know, the Left shouldn't be doing this." Just 100% bashing on the left and screaming about totalitarian ranting. Language employed by the alt-right, really.

Since we're all faceless, the alt-right is notoriously more honest about their opinions so it's fascinating to see how they rhetorically say things.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »

Also for a group that just won the election, I gotta ask:

Why ...

They need to seemingly build constructs of totalitarian leftist rule that doesn't actually exist and strawmen to perpetually gird themselves as the underdog against this mythical, magical unicorn of a unified left.

Bro, you and your angry fat man is in the White House. You get to show us the goods, amiright? Unite the country, and all that razzle dazzle?

Please, the Democratic Party can't even its shoelaces and the sensationalist media cares more about ratings (which is why they covered the God-Emperor nonstop) than advancing some sort of magical leftist agenda.
JJC

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »

I hope JJC's condescending tsk-tsk'ing over time causes more people here  to agree with the protestors.

No one but loons agree with you. You and your fascists cultist are an extreme minority and always will be.

You angry, bigoted, hateful people will always be a minority. Always. It may not seem like it to you, because people like you surround yourselves with like-minded cultists. But your ideas are horrible and your means of achieving them are even worse.

That's all you are; an angry, hateful, spiteful person who dreams of hurting people you don't like. 'Nazi' to you is just an insult. A 'Nazi' is a person you don't like. When you advocate 'punching nazi's', what you are really saying is; 'I support hurting people who I don't agree with'.

Which happens to be the vast majority of the country.

Because you are not normal. You never will be. Fortunately though, decent people far outnumber the violent radicals.

ummm Hillary won by 2.865 million votes. Barack Obama by 4 million votes and 10 million. I'm afraid he has more people on his side than you do on yours.

What uhm, "vast majority of the country" are you talking about? 40% of the country wants to impeach your God-Emperor.

Democrats lost nearly 1,000 state legislative seats. Republicans now control 33 governor’s offices and in 25 of those states, the GOP runs both legislative houses, as they do in Washington. The GOP now runs more things political across the country than at any time in nine decades.

Just because Hillary won more votes - most from just two major cities that were contested - in an election that was between two extremely flawed individuals does not change that nature of the electorate.

You can't see the forest for the trees.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2017, 01:27:01 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 01:33:55 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

These college riots worry me, I truly hope they don't sucker punch or pepper spray the wrong person at one of these and wind up dead.

Tears need not be shed for someone privileged enough to attend a college.
JJC

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »

Spencer, McIniss, whoever, the white supremacists are just kind of like faceless cockroaches coming out of the woodwork.

I don't know who Spencer or McIniss is. Never heard of there names before two weeks ago.

Nor do I care. The college left accuses everyone they don't like as being nazi's and threatens violence against them. It's disgusting and wrong.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 01:28:51 PM »

How is Gavin McInnes a Nazi?  I want someone to answer.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 01:28:56 PM »

Democrats lost nearly 1,000 state legislative seats. Republicans now control 33 governor’s offices and in 25 of those states, the GOP runs both legislative houses, as they do in Washington. The GOP now runs more things political across the country than at any time in nine decades.

Just because Hillary won more votes - most from just two major cities that were contested - in an election that was between two extremely flawed individuals does not change that nature of the electorate.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Oh sure, that's all true but the House popular vote was 49-48% GOP.  The Senate is 52-48 Democratic. A lot of Republicans won by 51-47 margins.  Stop pretending that the GOP (or the alt-right) has this amazing 60% majority of the country behind them.

Sure, the GOP is at a historic high but a lot of that high is built on a wide and thin ditch, not a deep reservoir of support. The GOP majority is nothing like say the 1920s. It's far less durable, far less stable, and nothing like the 1930s Democratic majority.

Reality: the GOP ran the table on a lot of seats and won them. The GOP's the country's majority party. But it's a 51% majority party, not a 55% majority party. THAT is the reality, bucko.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

It's as simple as this: dehumanizing another human being, for whatever reason, should be a crime. Period. And since it's unfortunately not a crime in America, then they should be blocked from public venues, including social media. But if those private organizations refuse to silence their hate, then it's the right of people to shut them down through protest or even violence, if necessary.

I love how the right wing is claiming to be the victims here. How rich is that? The people making the conscious choice of  victimizing others for their innate identities are whining about being victims because "the left isn't letting me degrade, endanger, humiliate, and spread hate towards others." Go to hell you sick freaks.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »

In any case, while I will play the world's smallest violin for Nazis and racial white supremacists being punched in the face, I will say that peacefully protesting these lunatics is far more effective. Don't say anything, show up with signs and peacefully demonstrate and show that these lunatics aren't representative of the country.

The protesters aren't bigots. The protesters rightfully hate that the supremacists are out of the woodwork. While they're being a little too enthusiastic, let's face it. People like McManiss and Spencer are pond scum and people who rise to their defense from the right make me wonder why they're actually defending these people.

Peaceful protests only work against people who can be shamed. Education only helps people who can think. Understanding is only effective for those who are capable of empathy.

The Trump-cultists are none of these things. The left needs to realizes this and decide how to deal with them, without destroying important values in the process. This will not be easy or clean.

Rjjr77
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »

These college riots worry me, I truly hope they don't sucker punch or pepper spray the wrong person at one of these and wind up dead.

Tears need not be shed for someone privileged enough to end a college.

People are people, and when one gets shot for sucker punching someone it is going to be sad
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 01:34:15 PM »

I don't know who Spencer or McIniss is. Never heard of there names before two weeks ago.

Nor do I care. The college left accuses everyone they don't like as being nazi's and threatens violence against them. It's disgusting and wrong.

You didn't think to investigate the people being beaten up? Interesting. I'm fairly sure you never condemned Spencer's ideology.

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely saying that your rhetorical pattern has been to bash the left, and not to investigate the people who were being punched or abused or whatever. It's kind of weird, that you wouldn't at least condemn these guys in the same breath.

But this is the pattern of a lot of people on the alt-right and it's almost as if you guys want to virtue signal that on some level, you're not really that bothered with the speakers' ideology by the emphasis on the tone and the emphasis of wrongness that you put on the actions.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »

The more I read about him, the less I believe this.
Rjjr77
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »

The more I read about him, the less I believe this.

I know little about him, I never thought more of him than a hipster Tucker max
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »

Gavin is less of a neo-Nazi alt righter like Spencer and more of a garden variety anti-feminist. Universities that refuse to control violent and extremist students who riot should have their public funding cut off
JJC

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2017, 01:40:23 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2017, 01:45:42 PM by JJC »

It's as simple as this: dehumanizing another human being, for whatever reason, should be a crime. Period. And since it's unfortunately not a crime in America, then they should be blocked from public venues, including social media. But if those private organizations refuse to silence their hate, then it's the right of people to shut them down through protest or even violence, if necessary.

I love how the right wing is claiming to be the victims here. How rich is that? The people making the conscious choice of  victimizing others for their innate identities are whining about being victims because "the left isn't letting me degrade, endanger, humiliate, and spread hate towards others." Go to hell you sick freaks.

Liberals dehumanize conservatives all the time.

You just did it in this post. Every post in your history is so hateful and vile.

Give me examples - real examples - where these speakers are advocating the things you accused them of. And before you do, note that wanting secure borders is not racist. Being prolife is not sexist.

And if you can - I condemn it and and still don't think they should be silenced.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You've done all of this to me several times today. Congrats.

You can't defend this blatant brown-shirting and you know it. That's why you are getting so angry and personal. It's what humans often due when they can't argue their case - personal attacks.

Bye now.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »

Silencing opposition - even opposition that you think is hateful - always leads to tyranny.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/donald-trump-environmental-protection-agency-website-climate-change-global-warming-a7544621.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The tyranny is here. The only question is how we respond. The Pussygrabber-cult is just upset it has been made clear they will not be able to destroy civilization without opposition.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »

I just wonder how supportive these same people defending Spencer, Milo, and McInnes would be of American universities allowing Salafis* to speak. They wouldn't possibly say the colleges are aiding "the enemy," would they? The headline on Drudge wouldn't say anything like "Leftwing university invites Islamic extremist to give speech." They rightwing here on Atlas would surely come to their defense, right? You know, because so long as they aren't being violent they deserve that freedom to speak on college campuses as well, yes? And the colleges would be wrong for denying that to them, correct?

*Salafis aren't necessarily violent or extremists. Some can be Islamists, yes. But Salafi doesn't equal Islamist. They still hold some very repugnant views on many issues, however - especially regarding homosexuals.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »

Fascist.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »

So, would Branch Trumpidians be OK with socialists, Marxists, and even radical SJW talking uninterrupted? I don't remember them being very OK with the idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies